Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Wishlist

Originally posted by Lalalinder
    [...] Oh, wait......I guess I wouldn't mind having a cute little flat somewhere near Hyde Park in London....
    Be careful what you wish for...

True story...late 1950s...
    My dad bought a Martin Denny album. I heard "Quiet Village" and by the end of the song I was ready to move to Hawaii! I was at most 15 years old and had hardly been out of California!

Early 1960, at age 16, I visited Hawaii for the first time. I got off the plane and told my dad that, someday, I was going to live in a little grass shack on the beach in Hawaii. He did a major eye roll.

Mid 1978, I moved to Hawaii.

Mid '80s I bought a little condo on the beach in Makaha...which is where I moved in 1992.

Next year I'll remodel and redecorate. Think La Mariana Sailing Club meets Kona Village Resort. After 45+ years, I'll have my little grass shack on the beach in Hawaii...and with no pre-planning; just one sentence uttered in 1960.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
      Next year I'll remodel and redecorate. Think La Mariana Sailing Club meets Kona Village Resort. After 45+ years, I'll have my little grass shack on the beach in Hawaii...and with no pre-planning; just one sentence uttered in 1960.
      Great concept! I LOVE that Tiki Kitsch look. Think also like Duke's Waikiki.

I'm smack in the middle of remodeling our condo. Take a look at this Turtle Bay Resort Ocean Villa.

That's pretty much what I'm following as my interior design concept.

The kitchen & bath will have dark Corian countertops with natural Maple cabinets and Stainless Steel Appliances.

Expen$ive project.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        Great concept! I LOVE that Tiki Kitsch look. Think also like Duke's Waikiki.

I'm smack in the middle of remodeling our condo. Take a look at this Turtle Bay Resort Ocean Villa.

That's pretty much what I'm following as my interior design concept.

The kitchen & bath will have dark Corian countertops with natural Maple cabinets and Stainless Steel Appliances.

Expen$ive project.
        Nice! But that's not tiki kitsch (or, as I call it, tiki-tacky-chic!)...that's Kona Village Resort!!! Yes...expensive...and it looks it!

My bathroom is very small so I'm going to turn it into a lava rock cave by panelling the walls and ceiling in lava rock veneer. Hopefully I'll find an appropriate clam shell for a sink, a la the old Coco Palms. If I had unlimited funds this is what I'd do to my 32"x32" shower:
        http://www.thomasdeir.com/tile_mural...urtlecave.html

I'm having fun planning it and once work slows down to a roar I'll start a new thread about the subject. My Christmas wish, aside from Auntie getting slippers for the MWH kids, is to get more remodel/decorating ideas.

Comment

More SmartWool socks. Makes feet happy.

Comment

The gathering of information has begun!

I spoke with Mrs Eliapo, President Of MWH Tenant Association yesterday. The Youth plans a Play this year and are all excited about the recieving "Slippers" for Christmas! They will be distributed that night.

As soon as I get the exact amount, names and sizes...I will let tutusue and Blaine know.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              The gathering of information has begun!

I spoke with Mrs Eliapo, President Of MWH Tenant Association yesterday. The Youth plans a Play this year and are all excited about the recieving "Slippers" for Christmas! They will be distributed that night.

As soon as I get the exact amount, names and sizes...I will let tutusue and Blaine know.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
              Standing by...

Comment

Rubber Slipper or Tenacious (Tennis Shoes)?

The Youth plans a Play this year and are all excited about the recieving "Slippers" for Christmas! They will be distributed that night.

Aunty, there's a bunch of us here who will be contributing (myself included), so please LET ALL OF US KNOW!

Let us know which store(s) you'll be buying the slippers from. I already have a few gift cards ready to send.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Aloha Dear Pomai! Yes, I didn't forget about you and the others. Tutusue is coordinating the drive with the Hawaii Media. Blaine will be getting the Slippers from his friend at the warehouse.

Information for HT Members will be posted up as well.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Aloha Dear Pomai! Yes, I didn't forget about you and the others. Tutusue is coordinating the drive with the Hawaii Media. Blaine will be getting the Slippers from his friend at the warehouse.

Information for HT Members will be posted up as well.
                    [...]
                    Not exactly as widespread as the media, Auntie! Rather, the filmmaking community. There are real, honest-to-goodness media people on HT! I'm not one of 'em. It'll be easier to determine how far to take this 'slipper-raiser' once we know how many pairs are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

It'll be easier to determine how far to take this 'slipper-raiser' once we know how many pairs are needed.
                      I just had a funny visual...of those barefoot kids in Mayor Wright Housing receiving for Christmas and then running around in these. Happy feets!

Comment

I do have something to wish for: I wish for all the children of MWH to have a pair of rubber slippers so they won't have to go bare footed.

Somehow, even if I'll be one month late in getting them their slippers...I'll make sure they'll get it!

Auntie Lynn
                        Auntie... maybe they no like wear slippers! I had slippers as a kid but preferred barefooting it. But anyway, I hope your Christmas wish comes true.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne
                          Auntie... maybe they no like wear slippers! I had slippers as a kid but preferred barefooting it. But anyway, I hope your Christmas wish comes true.
                          When I was a kid, I didn't wear slippers by choice too. All kids go through that phase. When I'm in my hale ~ I go without too. Nobody dares to walk on my white carpet nor in my home for that matter with shoes or slippers. I'll whack whack them!

The difference with these children is that they don't have a choice. It's POVERTY as I stated before. It's sad, true and common to see them playing and going to school bare footed.

My Christmas Wish has come true...there are Angels amongst Hawaii Threads.com. members and their friends!

Auntie Lynn
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; November 5, 2005, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Aloha Everyone!

Well, the day has finally arrived! The final count will be ready by this afternoon and will be given to Tutusue and Blaine.

Marlene and her sisters came through. Beverly also was a big factor after I got ill.

Everybody pitched in. Parents came to my Hale and even MAMA took information while I laid in bed.

Yep, the children are all looking forward to their SLIPPAH'S!

Mele Kalikimaka From Mayor Wright Housing!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

p.s. I can't wait to take pic's on the 22nd @ the Children's Xmas Party when the "Slippah's" will be distributed by name and size personally by Santa himself!

Update: 8:39 a.m.
                            Fundraiser for Slippah's
                            If you are interested in da Christmas Slippah's for MWH's Kids ~ please PM me! Mahalo, Auntie Lynn
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; December 17, 2005, 08:15 AM.

Comment

You know Aunty, I was going to re-emerge this post. But I nevah' like hassle you. I know you had to go door to door yourself (along with some neighborly help) to get those counts. Truly awesome.

It's almost Christmas, and we can all help the children at MWH. Slippers may seem like "small 'kine". But remember that's for their feet, which are the foundation of the body.. and in this case, life.

Speaking of slippahz.. I bought a pair of Crocs. So comfortable! You guys gotta' try 'em.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                                You know Aunty, I was going to re-emerge this post. But I nevah' like hassle you. I know you had to go door to door yourself (along with some neighborly help) to get those counts. Truly awesome.

It's almost Christmas, and we can all help the children at MWH. Slippers may seem like "small 'kine". But remember that's for their feet, which are the foundation of the body.. and in this case, life.

Speaking of slippahz.. I bought a pair of Crocs. So comfortable! You guys gotta' try 'em.
                                Pomai, Lucky you neva re-emerge this post. I would have gone looking foa you and given you a couple of my famous Whack Whacks foa Christmas!!

...nah, I'm just joking with you!

BTW: Wea ya wuz? I missed ya! Neva see ya on the Boards.

Crocs? Comfortable? Not comfortable for my pockets. hahahahahahah

Comment

Working...
                                X