Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama Administration Takes Shape

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    I am not happy with many of the appointments and decisions that Obama has made. But it is too early to classify him as a failure. Unlike some pundits, I hope Obama succeeds.
    Hi Matapule! Yes, I wish him success as well, seeing as our future pretty much depends on improving what is there now. Unfortunately I only see more of the same with more and more "Okay, we will just let that one go and try again" sentiments about the stimulus package.

I have to agree with Charles Krauthammer's words about Obama both before and after the election. I for one am tired of the platitudes and Obama's "forest of straw men" that is going to save the nation. I see the straw men getting paid handsomely and being appointed to government positions!

Please show me a successful positive change implemented by the new administration. I would appreciate some positive points that have nothing to do with past administrations. As President Obama said, that is past and it is time to move forward.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    With Obama, we know that he has America's well being in mind and not just continually ramming BS down our thoats with absolutely no concern for us.
    Ron, that's exactly what I see Obama and his savior administration doing. Ramming it down our throats. I guess this is how you felt with Bush, huh? The worm has turned! Even the Obama-loving media cannot make the picture pretty at this point.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    There is no wiggle room left....
    The quote of the day; I completely agree.

As Gov Sanford said, it's time to stop digging.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
      Please show me a successful positive change implemented by the new administration. I would appreciate some positive points that have nothing to do with past administrations..
      For starters, a time table to get out of Iraq. For the main course, elimination of the government ban on stem cell research. And for dessert, a President who can speak in educated English.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        For starters, a time table to get out of Iraq. For the main course, elimination of the government ban on stem cell research. And for dessert, a President who can speak in educated English.
        Time table is set but will we pay the price with escalating violence in Iraq? I am with you on this one, though. I think the American military has done all it can, and it is time for the Iraqis to step up.

As far as the stem cell research goes, I refer you back to Krauthammer's article. As a Christian and a pro-life supporter, I have reservations about Obama's stance on this. There's plenty of other places to get stem cells.

Edumacated English? Are you being intolerant of other dialects of English? This southerner found a Texas twang quite comforting, thank you very much. As that is/was my "heart language," I had no problems with it. The stereotypes of stupidity related to regional accents seems to be acceptable within our society.

At any rate, I hold a wait-and-see attitude about Obama. Sorry, not convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
          How do “we” know that, Ron?
          While I have at least two serious points against what Obama has done so far, overall the guy has been knocking back Bush's BS on virtually every day he's been in office, and setting up a lot of excellant proposals and legislation. Nobody in presidential history has accomplished as much in less than two months in office, not to mention at such a perilous time with two wars going on and an economy under the tank. If that doesn't tell you something about how he feels for this country then I feel even sorrier for you. I bet if it was Ron Paul in office, having done just half as much in his first half year as Obama has, you'd be calling him some kind of diety.
          I don't care what Obama promised during the campaign, or what he's gone against since. It's what he's doing on the job that matters, and with the very few things I'm unhappy with, which are the bogus stimulous/bail outs and Gitmo detainee issues, I still see him batting at least 500. I expect him to work things out better on the detainee matters, but the other is going to take some magic to pull off with success.

Ron, that's exactly what I see Obama and his savior administration doing. Ramming it down our throats. I guess this is how you felt with Bush, huh? The worm has turned!
          The guy doesn't have time to placate everybody's agenda to the T, and some things are going to be hard to swallow for a while. But to even try and equate Obama's actions to Bush's is just silly. The jury has spoken on the Bush/Cheney era, and that's without yet knowing the full extent of their 8 year career of crimes, death, destruction, corruption, partisanship/cronyism, and obstruction of justice. Ain't no worm turned on anybody.
          Last edited by Ron Whitfield; March 16, 2009, 04:59 PM.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Ron, that's exactly what I see Obama and his savior administration doing. Ramming it down our throats. I guess this is how you felt with Bush, huh? The worm has turned! Even the Obama-loving media cannot make the picture pretty at this point.
            Political posturing against the White House isn't exactly a Kumbaya moment, either.

Ramming it down your throat is your way of looking at it. I look at it this way:

The election matters.

I know. What a novel concept.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              Like any other prospective cabinet member, Gov. Sebelius will have to first be confirmed by the Senate. At this point, there doesn't appear to be any major obstacle blocking her nomination. But you never know for sure. Already, some pro-life activists are gearing up to vigorously campaign against her selection. If their howls of protest gets any traction with the Senate GOP delegation, there is the possibility of the nomination being derailed by a filibuster, even if Kansas senators Sam Brownback and Pat Roberts (both Republicans) support Sebelius.
              Well it does seem that your prediction almost came true. Nearly two months after Obama’s nomination, Gov. Sebelius has endured a litany of criticism for (surprise, surprise) tax problems, as well as your initial assessment of her positions on abortion. But it cuts further then that. It has been revealed that she under-reported campaign donations from George Tiller and his now-infamous late-term abortion clinic. It is has caused enough doubt that MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell implied that Sen. Arlen Specter's defection to the Democratic Party was needed to break a filibuster of Sebelius’ confirmation. And ofcourse, the growing Swine Flu potential pandemic crisis also played a factor in speeding up the process.
              Last edited by TuNnL; April 29, 2009, 12:29 PM. Reason: accuracy

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
              X