X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 7

Good letter in today's Advertiser, including this excerpt from it:
    Judge Joseph Cardoza based his ruling on the Superferry "being clearly a new technology and a new chapter in transportation in Hawai'i."
    I don't understand. I can ship my car today, along with hundreds of other cars, to another island. I can fly today, to another island. Superferry is just another option for getting from one island to another.

I can walk in my backyard today, get Fiddle Wood (an invasive species) seeds stuck in my slippers, fly to Maui and spread the seeds.
    If Superferry should not be in business because of the spread of invasive species, should any other mode of transportation be allowed to move people from island to island?

Look at our ocean waters. There are parasail boats, fishing boats, personal water craft, Coast Guard boats, Navy ships, rescue boats, etc., racing around. Some are able to go as fast as Superferry.
    If Superferry should not be in business because of a possible whale collision, should any other fast boat be allowed in Hawaiian waters?

Is Superferry "clearly a new technology and a new chapter in transportation in Hawai'i?" No, it's not that new, it's just another boat that carries people and cars from island to island.
    Points well made.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The above poste does not even bother to consider infrastructural development necessary to accommodate superferry operation.

This underlines my main opposition to such government sanctioned projects.

Someone (or someone"S") in the state government dropped the ball, and neglected to get appropriate input from off-island residents prior to ferry operation.

There should have been infrastructural development prior to Superferry operation.

...but that shouldn't stop forum-sanctioned Lika-troll from making continued objections.

Forum-sanctioned Lika-troll would be the first person raising objection to ANY review and oversight, like the UH softball stadium; even as his pals in the construction industry were building the bleachers to where the audience would not have adequate view of the field.

I just want to know how "I" can get a forum pass and have troll privileges like Lika-troll. (do I need to post links to Lika-troll flame-posts?)

BTW, this is NOT a subject that many other forum members are not already aware of.

::QUICK, someone ban this guy before all the other members can read this and review "Lika's" past posts::
      Last edited by woodman; October 15, 2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Aw, c'mon, Woodman. Disagree with the poster, argue points with him, even "ignore" him if he bothers you that much - but there's no need to publicly call for banishment.

You've been here, what...almost three weeks? Spend a little more time wandering the block, getting to know the neighbors better. If you really have a problem with how the board's Admin is running things, let him know in private what you think. Trust me - he doesn't like being told how to police the place (made wise from personal experience here.)

And I'm trying (for some reason) to help you fit in here, okay? Try not to come back with the nasty snark level that you did last time.

Comment

Leo L,

Please read more carefully.

I NEVER called for anyone being banned!

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Aw, c'mon, Woodman. Disagree with the poster, argue points with him, even "ignore" him if he bothers you that much - but there's no need to publicly call for banishment.
          WTF???
          How many beers have you had?

If you’re referring to the following statement....
          Originally posted by woodman View Post
          ::QUICK, someone ban this guy before all the other members can read this and review "Lika's" past posts::
          Rest assured that I’m OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic.
          If anything, I was suggesting my OWN bannishment being discussed by senior membership of this forum.

http://www.usingenglish.com/glossary/sarcasm.html

Or check brain power, here:

http://www.funeducation.com/products...?source=google

I think my post is a clear refection of senior membership (if not admin) shielding “preferred” members from objective scrutiny.

Other members already know about this, so it’s not like I’m revealing some well-kept secret.

...or is it just that you (or other preferred members) wish that I just shut-up and not discuss the matter?

We could, of course, open a thread with this as the main topic of discussion, but I think admin would be as likely to allow that as they would allow me to post copies of admin responses to my P/M's in open forum.

Comment

We could, of course, open a thread with this as the main topic of discussion, but I think admin would be as likely to allow that as they would allow me to post copies of admin responses to my P/M's in open forum.
            Please stop. If you're unhappy, please go peacefully and with your dignity.
            ___
            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Forum-sanctioned Lika-troll would be the first person raising objection to ANY review and oversight, like the UH softball stadium; even as his pals in the construction industry were building the bleachers to where the audience would not have adequate view of the field.
              I had to laugh out loud at that one, as Woodman is 180 degrees off of the truth. I was one of those who screamed foul (pun intended) the loudest after the unforgivable screwup at the stadium. I mean, they didn't discover the viewing problem until two weeks before the new stadium was supposed to open. How the heck could that happen?!?
              (For those who don't know, it turned out that most of the seats couldn't see home plate or the pitchers mound at all. Outrageous! It came down to either rebuilding the entire bleachers or raising the entire field several feet, which was the solution I believe they used.)
              I don't remember how many millions of dollars were wasted on that design (a local architect, by the way) and construction. What a friggin' boondoggle.
              Sorry to disappoint you, Woodman.
              And now, back to discussions of the SuperFerry. Intelligent comments are always welcome.
              Immature childish petty ones only reflect poorly on their author. There might be a recent example or two around here somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                I was never aware that I was without it, nevertheless, we are now off topic so if you have constructive input in regard to this please P/M me.

Can anyone tell me what assessments were done on Kauai road & transportation systems to accommodate superferry traffic?

Anything?

BTY the operative term is "accommodate".

Comment

Originally posted by woodman
                  Can anyone tell me what assessments were done on Kauai road & transportation systems to accommodate superferry traffic?

Anything?

BTY the operative term is "accommodate".
                  I don't believe there was any assessments but to counter your point, was there any assessments done on Kauai's road systems when Pasha Hawaii started up service? Or when YB started phasing in newer and way bigger barges that can carry up to 500 vehicles at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                    I was never aware that I was without it, nevertheless, we are now off topic so if you have constructive input in regard to this please P/M me.
                    There is clearly only one appropriate response, and if anyone is curious about the correct spelling, cut-and-paste this: BWAAAhahahahaha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                      I don't believe there was any assessments but to counter your point, was there any assessments done on Kauai's road systems when Pasha Hawaii started up service? Or when YB started phasing in newer and way bigger barges that can carry up to 500 vehicles at a time?
                      Thanks Josh.

I think that's very relevant, but it might also add fuel to the other side to say, "Ah-Ha!" ..and now, with the S/F you're going to compound the problems of Pasha.

BTW, what good is the ignore button if I can still read troll posts?

My ignore doesn't seem to work.

Comment

BTW, what good is the ignore button if I can still read troll posts?
                        So you read the post at this link and have no comment? C'mon! I actually agreed with you about the baseball field! And I'm actually curious what you have to say about that.

Comment

I think that's very relevant, but it might also add fuel to the other side to say, "Ah-Ha!" ..and now, with the S/F you're going to compound the problems of Pasha.
                          This is why I perceive the whole anti-ferry argument as inconsistent and biased. The other companies don't have to face the same scrutiny and yet somehow, this ferry will bring doomsday.

Comment

One scary note in this article in today's Advertiser, talking about proposed legislation to let SuperFerry run during the EA and/or EIS process:

The state Legislature, however, would have the right to add conditions later if lawmakers were not satisfied.
                            Changing rules after the fact is the same nonsense that got us all into the mess in the first place.

Comment

I saw that, I wish they had more details about what rules they are planning. This has dragged on far too long just like the go! trial which by the way, seems to have mysteriously disappeared, no news, nada. Gag order?

Comment

Well as if things weren't strange enough: YB gets a new barge.

"The Ho'omaka Hou, scheduled to begin service this month, is the largest that Young Brothers owns, at 340 feet in length, 90 feet in width and 20 feet in depth."

(oh, the HSF? 349' long, 78' beam)

"The first voyage of the Ho'omaka Hou will probably be to Nawiliwili, Kaua'i; it will then go into regular service to Kahului, Maui."

Comment

Working...
                                X