X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Healthiest foods

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Ahh, edumacation id vedy vedy goot.

I've noticed the new trend in smoothies is to add Greek yogurt, just google for the multitude or experiment for something exciting.
    I'm very aware of smoothies containing greek yogurt. I substitute yogurt with coconut milk or almond milk as I don't eat dairy.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      I'm very aware of smoothies containing greek yogurt. I substitute yogurt with coconut milk or almond milk as I don't eat dairy.
      Lactose intolerant? This is a matapule breakfast smoothie for keep da moto running:
      1/2 c. oatmeal
      1 TBS oat bran or flax seed
      1 c. unsweetened almond milk
      1 c. chopped fresh pineapple
      1 very ripe banana
      ice al gusto
      blend the mess and buen provecho!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I substitute yogurt with coconut milk or almond milk as I don't eat dairy.
        Good stuff, I like almond milk and love coconut milk. I need to investigate almond milk further to find more uses.
        I see Silk milk in stores, what's that like, is it even healthy?
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          Lactose intolerant? This is a matapule breakfast smoothie for keep da moto running:
          1/2 c. oatmeal
          1 TBS oat bran or flax seed
          1 c. unsweetened almond milk
          1 c. chopped fresh pineapple
          1 very ripe banana
          ice al gusto
          blend the mess and buen provecho!
          Not lactose intolerant...just personal choice.

This sounds really good. What kind of oatmeal? I always have steel cut oats on hand but can't imagine that working in a smoothie!

While this isn't a smoothie it's something I want to try with coconut yogurt because it's so quick and easy. But, then, so is my crockpot steel cut oatmeal!!!
          Overnight Oatmeal

INGREDIENTS
          1 container (6 oz) greek yogurt, any flavor
          1/4 cup uncooked old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
          1/4 cup cut up fruit of choice

Instructions:
          In container with tight-fitting cover, mix yogurt and uncooked oats. Stir in desired fruit.
          Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 3 days before eating.

Comment

What kind of oatmeal? I always have steel cut oats on hand but can't imagine that working in a smoothie!
            According to Consumer's Report, cheaper is better. I just purchase whatever is on sale - like Quaker's. When you blend them up they just go into suspension, just like a breakfast milkshake.

Tutu, guarantee that matapule weigh twice as much, if not more than you, like uaifi. Cut ingredients for matapule breakfast by half udderwise you be Tongan fefine'eiki size liki liki!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

According to Consumer's Report, cheaper is better. I just purchase whatever is on sale - like Quaker's.[…]
              Oops...I shoulda been clearer. Do you use "old fashion", "quick cooking" or "instant"? Or does it matter? I'm hungry!!!

Comment

Oops...I shoulda been clearer. Do you use "old fashion", "quick cooking" or "instant"? Or does it matter? I'm hungry!!!
                I had to go look. What we have in the fale right now is "quick oats" but I don't think it really matters.

Comment

I had to go look. What we have in the fale right now is "quick oats" but I don't think it really matters.
                  OMG! That oatmeal smoothie is so good. The only change I made, other than altering the amounts of the ingredients, was to add some cinnamon and powdered ginger. Fortunately I had all the ingredients on hand as I'm out of eggs and I forgot to start the crockpot oatmeal last night!

YUMMY! Mahalo...

Comment

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/8-...145200458.html

Say no to no anchovies on your pizza.

Comment

More, more, moringa!
                      http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/the-n...225902026.html

Comment

http://eatdrinkbetter.com/2015/07/22...e-even-better/

On the side dishes.

Comment

Four super foods to start eating this spring | KHON2

I need my oatmeal every breakfast.

Comment

A broccoli a day keeps COVID (and colds) away? Johns Hopkins researchers are looking into it. (yahoo.com)

Broccoli is grownup food. You never like eat broccoli small kid time.

Comment

Eating This Food Twice a Week Could Lower Your Risk for Heart Disease, New Research Says (yahoo.com)

Avocados has to have a certain texture for me to like it.

Comment

natto benefits https://www.google.com/search?q=natt...client=gws-wiz

Comment

Working...
                                X