KGMB Sunrise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KGMB Sunrise

hi im sansei and i also like the New Sunrise show and it's very humorous when on the new promo,the sunrise crew voted Jeff off and grace look's as if she didnt know how to do the weather and Traffic and grace said please come back to jeff is he's the only one who can do traffic and weather and it was somewhat lol! I've known Grace for year's even when she was at a Mainland station and we've been like acuatince's and she's very friendly and i've known jeff since i once spoke with him and he's very cool.I've also watched Ramsay when she was at Khon and howard when he did the morning show at Khon and steve as the sport's anchor for the weekend show and they are very cool and i do miss One person at another station who was the morning anchor at channel 8 and since they put krisitine uyeno as the morning anchor,im very sad is the person who'm she took over for,that person was good and i cant say name's is it may get me in heat only she's happy for now where she is so i thought to share my view's with everyone.also Emily chang may have moved from Knsd and Andrea Fujii is still working at her station and sharon Chen is working at xetv with Aloha taylor at xetv and that's all of the update's i have for now.

Well I Must go and you all have a Good Night and Morning!

Sincerly

sansei

Comment

Originally posted by sin View Post
      KHON truly dominated when Leslie and Ron and Mary Zanakis were there in the morning with manolo roaming and doing lives and eating food everywhere. They were first when it came to news and interesting features and their live music on fridays was great and everybody copied them afterwards. Their secret weapon was overnight cameraman george cabral who got video of every single crash, fire, shooting, you name it.
      At one time, I'll say 20 years ago Mary Zanakis was the ONLY morning person at KHON and before that it was Barbara Marshall.

Yes I heard from George Cabral, Jr. a couple weeks ago, he is still at KHON.

George Cabral, Sr. captured numerous events from statehood to JFK in Hawaii, you name it!

Aj

Comment

Cabral is still there.

Comment

Re: KGMB Sunrise--

Originally posted by 808golfer View Post
          not sure how long "the splainer" can get away with using props to explain what he's talking about like his audience is a bunch of dopes. Seems a bit much..overall though, the show is pretty good for just getting started.
          I missed Howard's yellow-pad artworks.

Like that email they read on the air, I too think Grace is a hottie.

I wonder if they can score an interview with the new leading star of Moonlight.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            You're both right. She's from Alabama, but she also "went to the mainland" for a while, because she worked here in 2002. Read her bio. It's worth it for the photo alone.
            Great. Now I got a mental image of Grace as a Farmer's Daughter, complete with a pair of Daisy Duke shorts.

Mind you, it's not a bad thing, though. It also cancels out Damien's "Mr. May" (Steve).

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
              At one time, I'll say 20 years ago Mary Zanakis was the ONLY morning person at KHON and before that it was Barbara Marshall.

Yes I heard from George Cabral, Jr. a couple weeks ago, he is still at KHON.

George Cabral, Sr. captured numerous events from statehood to JFK in Hawaii, you name it!

Aj
              you know kgmb once had an overnight cameraman of their own, the legendary and ever cranky Ray Mews. i believe the guy even won a pulitzer for a photo of a returning vietnam vet.

the battles between ray and george were fierce and i heard they often threw elbows at each other while positioning for a shot during the overnight shift. but when ray died a while back i think someone told me george cried.

having said that, does anyone know if kgmb is going to have an overnight guy now that they have a morning show?

Comment

Originally posted by sin View Post
                you know kgmb once had an overnight cameraman of their own, the legendary and ever cranky Ray Mews. i believe the guy even won a pulitzer for a photo of a returning vietnam vet.

the battles between ray and george were fierce and i heard they often threw elbows at each other while positioning for a shot during the overnight shift. but when ray died a while back i think someone told me george cried.

having said that, does anyone know if kgmb is going to have an overnight guy now that they have a morning show?

yeah I think it was a photo of a Veteran without one leg and he drops his crutches to hug someone on the tarmac.

I think KGMB has an overnight photographer already

Comment

Day 3 of KGMB9 Sunrise shows some life with banter between Grace, Steve, Howard, and Jeff. Took about an hour, but there it was!

But... the KHON crew was joking only after 10 minutes into their broadcast.

http://www.pulpconnection.net/2007/0...r-sunrise.html
                  Addicted to Passions and Pulp
                  http://www.pulpconnection.net

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    Mind you, it's not a bad thing, though. It also cancels out Damien's "Mr. May" (Steve).
                    Did you have the calendar too? Mine's autographed!
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

My problem with the show and it was read on air already by someone who has the same gripe as I do: Too much weather and traffic. I mean I get the impression that every five minutes there is a weather update, does our local weather change so drastically that we need these frequent updates?

I can tolerate the traffic updates since a stalled car or car wreck can happen at a moments notice and alter the traffic flow on the streets and freeways.

And I will say this is not a knock towards Jeff Booth at all when I complain about the incessant weather reports, the morning producer/director is most likley running the show and telling him he has to do this.

It is turning me off of watching the show, big time!!

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                        My problem with the show and it was read on air already by someone who has the same gripe as I do: Too much weather and traffic. I mean I get the impression that every five minutes there is a weather update, does our local weather change so drastically that we need these frequent updates?

Aj
                        Do you think the weather reports are more frequent on KGMB than KHNL and KITV??? Besides KGMB having it on the 09's, KHNL has weather and traffic on the :01's, and KITV has it on the :04's... so I think all these three stations do report weather a lot.

Comment

I think Ron Mizutani explained this quite well in an interview some time ago when he said that with the morning news, you basically have a new audience every fifteen minutes or so. People want to know what the traffic and weather are because it affects them directly, and almost immediately.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                            People want to know what the traffic and weather are because it affects them directly, and almost immediately.
                            Only partially joking: "Look out the bloody window!" IMO, the obsession with weather is inexplicable given our extremely stable weather conditions. Regarding Sunrise, I'm not loving it yet. I keep checking every once and awhile, but they have yet to capture my eyes for long except the cooking segment with Ramsay yesterday. The girl has serious knife skills!

Comment

Day 4 of Sunrise featured the hilarious mockup of the Hunks of KGMB.

http://www.pulpconnection.net/2007/0...ose-on-go.html
                              Addicted to Passions and Pulp
                              http://www.pulpconnection.net

Comment

Originally posted by Gee Why View Post
                                Day 4 of Sunrise featured the hilarious mockup of the Hunks of KGMB.
                                I'm sure the lady viewers are disappointed that they didn't do one for Keahi Tucker.

I laughed at it, but then I really want to see the Hotties of KGMB.

Comment

Working...
                                X