Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crane crunches Aiea pedestrian overpass

KHON's tina shelton:
    talking about mufi..."He did consider alerting civil defense, but he thought it was the governors call"
    Now that's what I call communication

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      Why wasn't the INBOUND traffic that is not much used contraflowed?[...]
      Lotsa reasons...as the news has been reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        Why wasn't the INBOUND traffic that is not much used contraflowed?

Kick off the people coming into town instead of pau hana traffic!
        Apparently nobody thought of that until today.

And how nice that Mayor Hannemann got to spend the night in a hotel room in town!!!
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy
          I left Waikiki at 5:30 pm and reached Waianae at 12:30 am . It was the longest drive in my life thus far, lol.
          Yikes!
          Thank goodness my Kakaako office can double as a crash pad!

Comment

so... i dont know much about the proposed rail system, but would this have averted some of the traffic?
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              [...]Some people don't have the luxury of owning "New" Cars. The toll it took out of their cars caused some to overheat and give way. I don't think it's the owner's fault. Try telling that to the many who found themselves in the situation yesterday. [...]
              Yep, Auntie, it's not always the owners fault. Driving a car 8 hours a day doesn't come close to doing the damage that idling for 8 hours can do. Makes no difference whether the car is new or a well maintained 'oldie', like mine. But, let's not tell Manoa 'cuz he'll have some ridiculous rebuttal!

Comment

I love you tutu... you bring out the best and worst in me sometimes...

I'm really glad that you have taken your lemons and made them into lemonade...

I hope more people that had troubles like you do the same thing.

Manoa

P.S. Had I been on the road and seen you... I would have just thought it was one of your twins

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
                  I left Alapai Street on bus 98 at 4:15. I just got home at 10:30 ... Mililani Mauka. The bus driver made a detour to Anna Millers at 9:50 for a potty break. Everyone was in pretty good spirits through the experience.[...]
                  Augie Tulba once told me that when he lived in Waianae and had a day job in town he'd ride The Bus. He tested new comedy material on his captive audience. I woulda paid big bucks to be on your bus last night if Augie was also riding!

Comment

I love Augie, but six hours of even his material would have had me homicidal.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I definately would have needed to go to the bathroom after just an hour of augie!

I did notice reading something somewhere today that a bus pulled off in Aiea... and made a pit stop where people were pretty much doing what they needed to do and then getting back on the bus!

Can you imagine had you been one of the people standing that whole time if the bus was full?
                      Last edited by damontucker; September 6, 2006, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Is the military exempt from the CDL (Commercial Driver's License) laws?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                          Yep, Auntie, it's not always the owners fault. Driving a car 8 hours a day doesn't come close to doing the damage that idling for 8 hours can do. Makes no difference whether the car is new or a well maintained 'oldie', like mine. But, let's not tell Manoa 'cuz he'll have some ridiculous rebuttal!
                          It's been a looong day for me. One of rest and reflection. I am quite sensitive and compassionate. Yesterday's chaos made me think about alot of things.

Yes, Tututsue. Lets definitely not tell Manoa anything.

My granchildren usually come into town to visit with me and leave around 5:00 p.m. They and their parents would've have been stuck with the rest of thousands trying to go home. I would have gone bananas not knowing how my Colicky granddaughter, Kiana and my daughter was doing. Yes, probably from a cell phone but nonetheless, I wouldn't be there to help. Then there is Antonio, how he would be re-acting to the long hours. Being active I'm sure he would be more than a handful.

I'm so happy stories are being told how everyone showed Aloha to one another. The hope and compassion in us will sustain whatever may come our way. Yes, lots of people were put into an inconvenience yesterday. For many...an expensive one. Although it wasn't their fault, they have no claim? I still don't feel it's right. But that's just my opionion.

Once again, most definitely Tutusue, please let's not tell Manoa about anything. I just got over my headache from this morning.

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I will be as soft and compasionate as i can be...

I love all of HT's ohana... we are all characters at times...

I feel for anyone that was stuck in this crap...and especially feel for tutusue cause her car got involved in a crappy situation (as well as PZ at least he eventually got to sleep in his own bed).... tutusue is a wonderful example of what most people should do in a sitiuation like this.

I hope I can someday get that in to me... however.. I would have been fricking so irritated that if you think I'm going off now on this thread.... just imagine had Manoa actually got stuck more than 20 minutes.... I would be really ranting and ranting and ranting and..well you know...ranting some more... my bad guys.

now what you guys hiding from me?
                            Last edited by damontucker; September 6, 2006, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                              I love Augie, but six hours of even his material would have had me homicidal.
                              I doubt Augie coulda stayed on his game for 6 hours! Probably woulda run outta voice!

Comment

First of all, DRIVER WATCHES THE LOAD. End of story. If you were under orders to drive over a bridge, and the bridge had been bombed, would you drive your load into the river? I think not.

TunnL, you need to point out the moments when I'm not being truthful. Otherwise it's just hearsay.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X