Vampires in movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampires in movies

I am just wondering since when did vampires in movies have the ability of superspeed?

Re: Vampires in movies

Super speed has change from the vampire in Plan from Outer Space. He would just walk slowly towards a person while his cloak covered the bottom half of his face.
    Even zombies are getting faster since 28 Days Later.

Comment

In addition, the first vampire with superspeed in video games was Alucard in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Comment

doesn't answer your "movies" question, but according to this, superspeed was a trait of bram stoker's vampires. not that i'd consider wikipedia a completely trustworthy source. i'm sure you can find a copy of the vampire book to browse through at bookoff; that should have the answer.
        Last edited by cynsaligia; November 10, 2009, 08:23 AM.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

superspeed!! Hmmm I wonder if they could use that power in daily household chores too! But then superspeed probably wouldn't be a good thing in bed "What done already!?"
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

How fast can Elvira run when those things won't stay in place?

Comment

I don't remember in the movie The Lost Boys having anyone doing a superspeed feat, flight yeah. Other vampire movies that I remember are Blade, Interview with a Vampire, Vampires or Underworld which superspeed are not shown. However the last vampire movie I saw is Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant had the vampire doing superspeed moves and the assistant had a humorous try at the move. The TV ads for The Twilight Saga: New Moon also showed some superspeed action.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                But then superspeed probably wouldn't be a good thing in bed "What done already!?"
                It wouldn't be good for your partner. Friction minus Lubrication spells trouble.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  Other vampire movies that I remember are Blade, Interview with a Vampire, Vampires or Underworld which superspeed are not shown.

Actually, superspeed -is- shown in Interview with a Vampire. Remember when Louis turns on the light from across the room and freaks the reporter out?
                  Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                  Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                    doesn't answer your "movies" question, but according to this, superspeed was a trait of bram stoker's vampires.
                    Yes! Although it was never mentioned as super speed -- just the uncanny and disconcerting ability for the vampire to never be where he was at the last time. BTW, the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula was pretty true to the book.
                    Roseanne and Rambo in one tidy package.

Comment

i would say superspeed was shown in the underworld series. maybe it's not readily apparent bcs the story centered around the undead; mere humans didn't figure much in the storyline. tis evident in the scene where selene fights the police while trying to save hybrid boy, who had gained the authorities' attention when he gakked loudly after trying to eat human food.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                        It wouldn't be good for your partner. Friction minus Lubrication spells trouble.
                        twould cause figurative burn in humans; literal burn in the fanged undead. "come on baby, light my fire" is so not a line a vamp would use.

re elvira: what need is there for superspeed when other comely assets practically compel food to walk itself to you? to quote spike from btvs: happy meals on legs.

Comment

In the movie Dark Shadows it was shown that Barnabas used a burst of superspeed to save someone from a falling object.

Also in this movie and the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter that silver could hurt vampires, I had the impression that werewolves had the weakness to silver, not vampires.

Comment

Working...
                          X