Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Game Shows

Anyone else still watching them?

Deal or No Deal is my least favorite, totally dependent on luck, but the contestants are sometimes amusing so I watch occasionally. What an odd place for Howie Mandel to end up.

Jeopardy is my favorite. I enjoy trying to come up with the answers before the contestants (also often an amusing bunch, as are the questions). I usually watch it every weekday.

And the venerable Wheel of Fortune is also fun. Unbelievable Pat and Vanna have been doing this for 25 years!

Re: TV Game Shows

I haven't seen Jeopardy for quite some time due to scheduling but it would be the game show I would see.

Comment

hi,i watch both dond and wof and they both make me smile. watching howie is great and so watching both pat and vanna is cool.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

I used to watch them all but haven't recently.
        I watched Deal Or No Deal when it first started because I always liked Howie Mandel's comedy. Saw him perform at the Sheraton Waikiki one time and he was hilarious!
        As for Wheel Of Fortune, I was fortunate to have met Vanna White several times; boating related stuff. She's as pretty as you might think, but gosh she's a short little thing!!! (Not as noticeable on the air since Pat Sajak is short too.) Vanna was always sweet when fans would approach her, but especially sweet to kids. Nice woman.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          As for Wheel Of Fortune, I was fortunate to have met Vanna White several times; boating related stuff. She's as pretty as you might think, but gosh she's a short little thing!!! (Not as noticeable on the air since Pat Sajak is short too.)
          That's true. Now that you mention it, I wonder if height might have been a factor in Vanna White replacing the taller Susan Stafford on WOF.

Here's a publicity pic of the 6'2 Chuck Woolery with Susan Stafford:

Compare this with Susan standing next to Pat, who is reported to be 5'10:

Hmmm. I wonder if ole Pat felt uncomfortable standing next to a hostess who was practically identical in height. Even if one swallows the network's explanation that Susan wanted to move on to other things, I don't think it's a coincidence that the producers sought a replacement who was noticeably shorter.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Managed to catch an epsiode of Jeopardy today. Since when did the regular Jeopardy clues run between $200 to $1000 (I used to remember $100 to $500)?

Comment

There's a clip of a Japanese game show with a contestant's head only showing in a small enclosed dome when they released a big lizard in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                There's a clip of a Japanese game show with a contestant's head only showing in a small enclosed dome when they released a big lizard in there.
                http://www.vidilife.com/video_play_1...ragon_Game.htm

Why is there meat strapped on their heads?

Comment

Every once in a while I'll watch Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader with one of my friends. Her little girl likes to clap along with the audience. We do pretty well. Our other friend teaches 5th grade and while they touch on some of those topics, they don't really go into depth on them. So I really don't think some of those questions are things you STUDY in 5th grade. The title should really be Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader That Can Remember Every Little Bit of Trivia That Ever Was Mentioned.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    The title should really be Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader That Can Remember Every Little Bit of Trivia That Ever Was Mentioned.
                    Yeah, a 5th grader can remember more trivia than an adult. Because, what else do 5th graders have to think about (beside what they had for lunch and where they left their jacket on the playground)?

Adults, meanwhile, are bombarded with having to remember to do those 101 parent tasks daily, and which kids gets picked up at what time, which co-worker is going to be off because their inlaws are in town, what day is the appointment to rotate the car tires, what day is the property tax due, did that credit card payment get made yesterday, what is in the freezer that can be whipped up for dinner, what is the darn cable channel number for the favorite evening news, where are those extra car keys, is the dog due for his shots??? Those are the dizzying things that fill an adult's mind.
                    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

hi tonight,i watched dond on kiku and they had a bit of techinical difficulty's so i watched what i could and went to hgtv to watch holme's on holme's for half an hour and that show is no longer being produced so i feel like this

im able to watch dond on kiku on ch9 and my network tv ch5 and only on tue that both channel's are available.also for america's got talent,that's also another show i watch on tue-wed and it's very good with dond's host howie mandel.

well thank's for your time

Comment

https://tv.yahoo.com/tv-in-no-time/p...213050861.html

Pat Sajak does a Walkoff.

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/wom...LJf?li=BBgzzfc

Lost on Jeopardy.

Comment

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jeopa...b0e28b31de4521

Who dat?

Comment

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...rdy-and-wheel/

He lost on Jeopardy.

Comment

Working...
                              X