Site Running Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Running Slow

The recently noted slow performance of the HawaiiThreads.com forums apparently continues. I'll be researching the problem -- whether it's an independent issue on the server that hosts the site, or if the forum itself is getting bogged down. The former will require outside help, the latter may require various tweaks (i.e. search limits, fewer posts per page, etc.) to better optimize the setup. In any case, I'll do what I can, and appreciate your patience in the interim.

When posting messages, there'll be some delay after you click submit. Don't hit the submit button again while waiting, as you'll end up doubleposting. Just click, get up, and get a breath of fresh air. It's probably a good idea, anyway.

Re: Site Running Slow

Is there a cyber equivalent of Ex-Lax?

Comment

Yeah. It is definately soo slow that by the time it gets to it's detination after submiting your reply, that it would be the next holiday. Worse yet, probably by next Christmas lol.

Ju~st kid~ding.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

If not multi-tasking other chores, I just mentally hum to the tune of the Jeopardy game show chime... "da da da da da da da da. da-da-da_da da da da".
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
          If not multi-tasking other chores, I just mentally hum to the tune of the Jeopardy game show chime... "da da da da da da da da. da-da-da_da da da da".
          That's just tooo fun~ny!. LOL.

Now, I think I got that song stuck in my head, now. LOL.
          Aches & Pains

Comment

the tune of the Jeopardy game show chime... "da da da da da da da da. da-da-da_da da da da".
            It's got a good beat, but the lyrics suck, so I only score it a "2".

And Ryan, thanks for fixing whatever it was that need to be fixed. The site seems fine again.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
              It's got a good beat, but the lyrics suck, so I only score it a "2".
              I know. I should I have thrown in a few "La la la's" to make it more interesting.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I know. I should I have thrown in a few "La la la's" to make it more interesting.
                Tooo Funnny!!. LOL.
                Aches & Pains

Comment

Da site stay keepin' up wit me... or am I slow too? Hmmm?
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Yes, it appears our tubes are clogged again. It's affecting several sites in the 'ohana, not just HawaiiThreads. The subterranean gnomes have been dispatched with hoses and shovels and hopefully things will be back to normal soon. In the meantime, your patience is appreciated!

Comment

Too much Hate and Pilikia das why!!!

I coming in with lots of Aloha and Love to make it all betta!

Honi Honi to everybody!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        Too much Hate and Pilikia das why!!!

Auntie Lynn
                        FiberWahine to the rescue.

Comment

Seems foa keep up wit me!

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

Auntie Lynn
                          It seems you did it Auntie! All's been well for quite a while.

Tanks eh!
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Chances are, you've been seeing this message lately:
                            The server is too busy at the moment. Please register and login, or try again later.
                            Basically, I have had to limit browsing by unregistered users in an attempt to bring down the server load. The good news is, anyone can register, even if they never post a message. I realize the sporadically expiring cookies, however, can add to the annoyance. My apologies for that.

Though we're a simple bunch, HawaiiThreads is surprisingly popular... both with humans and with hungry search engine robots. My webhost, which specializes in the kind of much smaller, simpler websites I dealt with when I joined them a decade ago, has been concerned with the amount of resources the sites I'm running today require. They're recommending a dedicated server, and while I love you all, I don't know if I can afford that much love. So I've implemented server status tracking and set resource limits that will put up the "server is too busy" message when it is.

There've also been a spate of database errors, but I think they're more related to some infrastructure tweaks being made higher up the food chain (databases are kept on separate boxes from the sites that access them). I'm hoping those will soon subside.

Again, I'm sorry for any periodic denials of your HawaiiThreads fix, and greatly appreciate your continued support and participation!

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, Ryan. At work, I've been popping on to check HT from time to time without logging on from my work computer --- but the "busy" tone means I log on more often, after all. Small price to pay.

Comment

Working...
                              X