• Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Meow...
    Meow..
    Me...ACK! *plop!*
    Ah...Schroedinger's cat!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Summer is over and I have to go back to school. I leave for NY tonight . On the upside, this will most likely be the last time we make this trek. When we come back next summer, we hope it will be for good.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
        Summer is over and I have to go back to school. I leave for NY tonight
        Happy travels to you - please stay in touch with us on this and other boards, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          Excellent!!!!!

Comment

I have 2 pet peeves today and they both have to do with the phone:

1) businesses that don't return your call. I left messages with 17 survey companies today and not one returned my call. If you're not going to return calls, don't publish your number in the yellow pages.

2) people who call and ask for someone and when you tell them that they are not available -- they just hang up on you mid sentence. argh!
            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Over the past week or so, I've gotten a lot of personal computer problems, and all could be solved by one thing: new isn't always good.

Updates, upgrades, new files, god if I had longer hair, then I'd be bolo head.

Yes, that means reverting back to XP on my laptop - which I backed up.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Peeve: that there are more and more threads here that I find myself avoiding, because this aspect of the "rules of HT" (as posted in the FAQ) is not followed:
                no personal attacks: discuss, debate, and dissect ideas, not each other.
                I am certain that I am missing valuable aspects of some issues being discussed, but am tired of seeing them buried in personal vendettas and back-and-forth vitriol.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  I am certain that I am missing valuable aspects of some issues being discussed, but am tired of seeing them buried in personal vendettas and back-and-forth vitriol.
                  Speaking for myself, there is one person whose posts I -- and many others -- dissect frequently due to that person's misinformation and misrepresentations and flagrant outright mistakes and lies. It is not a "personal vendetta" since I do not know who that person is and I have never met that person.
                  I reserve the right to publish the TRUTH. Occasionally I may falter and let it seem "personal". Mea culpa.
                  It is merely that I am highly offended by anyone who intentionally misleads, misinforms and/or lies to the general public, either here on HT or in any other media.
                  That behavior is MY pet peeve.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X