Hawaii Super Ferry Bust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Super Ferry Bust!

D'oh!!! NOW, how am I gonna get that Elephant across the channel?!?

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      I put that link in there, when I deleted the majority of your cut-and-paste post. I've made similar corrections to previous articles you've copied to this site.
      One, "fair use" does not apply for wholesale, full-piece reproduction. Two, you are posting these articles on someone else's site, and you can't invoke "fair use" rights anyway. Finally, legal precedent or not, HawaiiThreads' requirements for posting content from other sites is clear, and I've previously contacted you directly on this point.

A simple apology and change in habits is probably the best way to proceed from here.
      a good reminder.

turtlegirl: i'm not sure why, but i had to put my tenant in her place yesterday. i was on the war path and she just wanted to pick a fight so i let her have it. geez. i wonder if it's my hormones raging? or, could it be a full moon? me thinks it's the former not the latter

i thought it was all about the size of the opihi and fish that presented the problem? not the fishing nets?
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
        D'oh!!! NOW, how am I gonna get that Elephant across the channel?!?
        Buy it a snorkel and two sets of extra-large flippers.
        Either that, or buy an extra-large set of water wings for it and then strap an outboard engine on its okole.
        Easy.
        As for opihi (to kinda get back on topic), I volunteer at Hanauma Bay sometimes and there was one time we caught a guy coming out with a huge bucket full of big opihi. He got very agressive when we challenged him. Turns out the guy was military, and he was the guy who instructed new military arrivals about local conditions, rules and behaviors.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

DOCARE officers need to get to the boat ramps and start enforcing existing laws instead of wasting time at the Superferry dock.

Or, if they're going to check the Superferry riders, start looking at ALL coolers going through the airports at all the islands. Don't need much fishing gear to collect opihi. Just tabis, a butterknife, and some good reflexes to dodge big waves.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
            ...start enforcing existing laws instead of wasting time at the Superferry dock.

... start looking at ALL coolers going through the airports at all the islands.
            I agree. The ferry is just jumping through the hoops required by alarmists, when the real problems stem from airlines and barges.

The coqui frog spread quite nicely throughout the state with no help from the Superferry. Still wondering why there was no freakout when that happened.

Comment

But, I wanna!

Come on folks. Let's live this life as we see fit.
              Didn't past generations do as such?!
              I'm so sick and tired of this _ _ _ _!
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

hi this is sansei and i learned on the news that some person's who traveled to maui took some stone's from maui and i didnt know that this is illegal and they if what i learned was charged or fined for taking stone's from maui so i thought to share this with everyone.when we visited maui,this before they had superferry that we traveled by plane to see my deceased father's mother and we said our goodbye's and they if i remember didnt have a law at that time so i was surprised to hear of this law.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                  hi this is sansei and i learned on the news that some person's who traveled to maui took some stone's from maui and i didnt know that this is illegal (
                  It's illegal because an evil plan was discovered in which thousands of people from Oahu would take dirt and rocks from Maui, and make Oahu bigger. Activists realized that it was a very real attempt to shift real estate to a more crowded island where it was much more valuable.

Comment

It wasn't the act of transporting stones that got those people in trouble but rather where on Maui they got the stones from that is source of their legal troubles.

Comment

It's illegal because an evil plan was discovered in which thousands of people from Oahu would take dirt and rocks from Maui, and make Oahu bigger. Activists realized that it was a very real attempt to shift real estate to a more crowded island where it was much more valuable.
                      Originally posted by helen View Post
                      It wasn't the act of transporting stones that got those people in trouble but rather where on Maui they got the stones from that is source of their legal troubles.
                      Hmm. I believe Composite 2992 statement. Sorry, Oahu, but get rocks from your own land. And if you no more, tough noogie.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                        Hmm. I believe Composite 2992 statement. Sorry, Oahu, but get rocks from your own land. And if you no more, tough noogie.
                        I was kidding. :-)

It's a bit odd that they went to those lengths to get stones for an imu. It's not hard to find rocks like that on Oahu. But, like anything else, you gotta ask permission from the right people.

Comment

I was kidding. :-)

It's a bit odd that they went to those lengths to get stones for an imu. It's not hard to find rocks like that on Oahu. But, like anything else, you gotta ask permission from the right people.
                          They figgah they never like ask, so they went off-island to take the rocks, and the landowner wouldn't be able to find them.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

There are people with petitions in blue polo shirts with Greenpeace on it. Do they have anything to do with an anti-Superferry movement? I avoid them by not making eye contact with them. I don't want to sign anything without reading it carefully.

Comment

Working...
                            X