This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV commericals you like to watch

Wow. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I can't stand those "Pepto Bismol Dance" ads.

I recently enjoyed Motorola's E815 video phone ad, also known as the "Your Wife Called" ad.

Comment

The Raisin Bran Crunch commercials with that Johnson guy always getting fired. Those commercials are really the only reason I love Raisin Bran Crunch now.

I also like the Burger King commercial where the King scores a touchdown. He's less creepy this time around.
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog
        The Raisin Bran Crunch commercials with that Johnson guy always getting fired.
        The latest one is with Johnson and the intern eating Raisin Bran Crunch and the guy that fires him says "Johnson gets an intern?"
        The one before that is Johnson getting the corner office.
        There is one where Johnson is just eating the ceral while ignoring the guy that fires him because he can't hear the guy talking because of the crunching of the ceral.

Are there any others before this one?

Comment

I'm not sure. I think there's a few versions of Johnson just sitting at his desk and eating while ignoring the other guy's differen reactions. Maybe two or them. Not sure. I like them all, though
          myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
            My hubby watches the Golf Channel a lot and I enjoy the Tiger Woods commercial where his golf club cover "talks" back to him.
            Oh I missed this one! Never saw it up here!

Although I haven't seen it in a while, I really like the Advantage commercial....it's a commercial for dog and cat flea collars. At the end of the commercial they show all the animals sitting together. There is this one long-haired cat who seems to be attracted to something. The cat reaches out with its paw and falls off of it's chair!
            Lovena

Comment

Re: TV commercials you like to watch

Here's one I found on the web. It seems like beer ads are consistently cooler than other ads.

Carlton Draught Big Ad

It's a big ad.
              Very big ad.
              It's a big ad we're in.
              It's a big ad.
              My God it's big!
              Can't believe how big it is!
              It's a big ad!
              For Carlton Draught!
              It's just so freaking HUGE!
              It's a big ad!
              Expensive ad!
              This ad better sell some bloody beer!
              Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; September 15, 2005, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I gotta tell ya, I loved the Geico commercials with the "cave men." I laughed every time those came on. Those guys just look so funny, yet they are very intellectual, hah, funny.
                Arturo

Comment

Originally posted by arturo_h
                  I gotta tell ya, I loved the Geico commercials with the "cave men." I laughed every time those came on. Those guys just look so funny, yet they are very intellectual, hah, funny.
                  Those ads were just so condescending.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                    Those ads were just so condescending.
                    yea. don't have much of an appetite after them....

Comment

Hah, good stuff. Still makes me laugh just thinking about it.
                      Arturo

Comment

Re: National TV Ads You Like

Just caught a couple of spots for an insurance company (United?) with the concept, "Not everyone has common sense." I laughed out loud at both.

One features a woman who's talking on the phone, putting on make up, writing notes and reaching into the back seat while driving. She weaves on the road, getting incredulous stares and honks, before finally attempting to make her exit, causing a traffic tangle.

The other features two guys on a roof, paint tools in hand, with one getting the bright idea to rappel down the side of the house to reach one last spot. He ties his rope to the stove spout and around the other guy's waist. Of course, when he leaps off the side, the spout comes off, and both men end up crashing into a tree.

Of course, the ad is so odd, I can't recall the company, which is a problem. But the fact that I stopped to watch any ad in a TiVo-powered household means they're doing something right.

Comment

brilliant ad from the land of Oz

http://www.bigad.com.au/

pax

Comment

IBM is running a series of commericals with the theme "Help Desk". Noticed one last night were a group of bank robbers tunnel through the ceiling of a bank vault, come down from that tunnel, looking for money and they can't find it. They turn around and notice a guy at the help desk outside of the vault enterance. They talk and the help desk guy says the money is now in a safer place.

Was kind of funny.

Comment

JIFF PEANUT BUTTER commercial

The JIFF Peanut Butter commercial.

Dad's sitting on the sofa making himself a sandwich.
                              His daughter comes and asks, "Hey dad, what ya' doing?"
                              Dad replies, "making myself a sandwich", then asks her to sit down.
                              Then she asks, "why do you fold yours over like that?", as dad folds his single slice of bread with PBJ in half.
                              He replies, "because my dad used to do that, and I always wanted to be just like him".
                              She says, "that's silly".
                              Then she turns around and does the same thing with her sandwich.
                              Dad chuckles then gives her a hug.

Very cute, heart-warming feel-good spot.
                              Last edited by Pomai; September 24, 2005, 12:54 PM. Reason: typo'
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Saw one on TV the other night for Ponds face cream (women's stuff). I was pretty flu-ish so I don't remember it exactly, but I'll do my best here.

Upper body shot of an attractive (of course) woman about my age, I guess, facing the camera. She says something like, "To all you guys who are going out with women half your age ..." (then some kind of close-up with the camera, and she says matter-of-factly) "We don't miss you."

Then they show the product. That's it.

I cracked up for about five minutes nonstop. I think it partly caught me off guard because I was expecting the usual preachy "Here's what you're missing, women my age are great because blah blah blah ..." and she didn't bother with that, all that nonsense of trying to get those men back, she just said, "We don't miss you," shrug, who cares? on with my life.

OK, well, I thought it was funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X