Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Hale Heahea > Announcements
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Default Get Gabbing & Get Goodies!

One of the brainstorms that struck in the past week is having occasional HawaiiThreads.com contests - friendly games among members, rewarding your participation with various goodies, from logo stuffs to gift certificates to maybe even special thingies in the forum (like picking your own title, rather than Keiki, Haumana, etc.).

So for Round One, I want to give away some HawaiiThreads.com T-shirts for keeping the talkstory coming, or for helping us grow our `ohana!

These 100-percent cotton Hanes tagless tees have the HawaiiThreads.com plumeria on the front, and our logo and "Let's talk story!" on the back. And these aren't the fancy shmancy ones in our cheesy Cafepress store, either - these are sorta handmade by your HawaiiThreads.com host! Wear your geek-infused plumeria shirt with pride... and after three or four washes, your shirt may easily convert into a very nice dishrag!

(Okay, I don't think they'll fade that fast, but I've never done these inkjet iron ons before. Can't overpromise! They do look sharp, actually.)

I've got three shirts. So, how do you get one?

Be among the first to become a Luna (100 posts), or bring five new members into the `ohana, whichever comes first!

Of course, becoming a Luna by posting a dozen empty messages a day for a few days won't cut it. Post thoughtful things to help start some conversations! And note that this contest is for the main forums... sorry Jeepers and geocachers!

On bringing new members, each of the five need to introduce themselves (in Introductions, of course) and post one other message somewhere. They can either mention you showed them the way, or just include your username in the referral field when they register.

Just drop me a line when you cross either of the above mileposts, and I'll get you your shirt! And if you don't win this time, don't worry... I've got other kinds of contests and prizes already planned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hawaiithreadsshirt.jpg (92.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg hawaiithreadsshirt2.jpg (91.3 KB, 6 views)
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:58 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: Get Gabbing & Get Goodies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Be among the first to become a Luna (100 posts), or bring five new members into the `ohana, whichever comes first!
Due to the amount of postings that I done so far I disqualify myself from this contest. So the rest of you, come on post!!!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:52 PM
Ali`i

Well, I haven't come close to Helen's number of posts, but I have promoted it in soc.culture.hawaii and on my web pages (even if I am still somewhat confused by the iconic symbols and what-not).
Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Re: Get Gabbing & Get Goodies!

Helen and Albert, worry not, for your much-appreciated assistance in 'beta testing,' there's already something in the pipeline for you!

A quick note, meanwhile, for this particular contest... while the post count will be cumulative, the referral count threshhold is 'from now on.' Not that I don't love that you've sent dozens of people here already! Here's hoping we find some new faces (and cute avatars)!
Old June 15th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Administrator

I see we have a few talkative users that have crossed the 100 post threshold. Even allowing for padding threads, we've got some potential winners! But remember, posting is only part of the game... you've got to reply here or just PM me to claim a prize! First come, first served and all that...
Old June 15th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Kia`aina

Now I've already forgotten how to get a shirt...that's okay! but these threads are fun...I used to only go to the HA threads and only on AI days! Even people away join in
Old June 16th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Kia`aina

I like get one T-shirt!! So I going staht posting wikiwiki!

an by da way.... wat sizes da shirts come in???
Old June 16th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Ali`i

So does Newsbot get a T-Shirt too?
Old June 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Administrator

HawaiiThreads.com `ohana member Mocha has nabbed the first of three shirts with 126 posts. Congratulations and thanks... Two more left!

Mokihana, all the shirts are large. If you really want a HawaiiThreads.com goodie and if you can't wait to win this or other contests (or fit a large, in this case), you can shop for stuff directly. Not as much fun, though, I know.

And no, Helen, our automated Newsbot (with 153 posts so far) won't get a shirt. So there are still at least three eligible winners who've got a chance right now to nab one of the shirts... if they read this thread in time.
Old June 18th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Congratulations to Aleno, the second 100+ HawaiiThreads.com poster to claim one of our special HawaiiThreads.com T-shirts! Let's keep the talkstory flowing.

Two shirts left! And after they're gone, I'll be launching another contest for even more goodies!
Old June 29th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Keiki

There's really nice shirts I must say.........
Old July 11th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Haumana

Cheee... I just came on board ... so I get a long way to go. But that's alright..it's QUALITY not QUANTITY that counts right?

ok..maybe not!
Old December 17th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Administrator

The holiday season brings many things, and among them, goodies! Since this giveaway seems to have been forgotten - the last shirt was claimed in June - I'm reviving it with a little twist.

The first two members with fifty (50) posts under their belt (that's half the original cutoff!) to PM me will win a HawaiiThreads T-Shirt! Shirts are large, tagless, 100 percent white cotton Hanes Classics. There are a lot of active members that qualify, so act quick!

If you don't win, don't worry... I have a couple more special shirts in hand as prizes for another contest. I just have to think of a gimmick.
Old December 17th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Ali`i

Default Choice!

I just won me a t-shirt
Old December 17th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Ali`i

Eh, how about a contest for newbies?
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old December 18th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Whew! Shirts all gone! Congrats, Peshkwe and memorylane!

That's a good idea, Lynn. For the next giveaway, we'll try and come up with something anyone can win! Trivia? Poetry contest? Who knows! Ideas welcome.

Happy Holidays, all!
Old January 4th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Kia`aina

Send a message via MSN to memorylane Send a message via Yahoo to memorylane

Thank you for my T!!!