Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Man Movie

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
    His armor is powered by the two batteries on his hips.
    That's why he has to shake/pump his legs via Faraday tech.

I recall him recharging them by hooking himself up to some large generator device but also recharging in the middle of a battle via solar or something that absorbed power.
    I hope he doesn't have the power input port on his codpiece (front or back). That would be awkward.

Shell head was always one of my favorite heros and am totally psyched about this movie. I can't imagine who the villian will be. If not Crimson Dynamo, maybe a bunch of small time baddies from AIM or maybe Hydra?
    Obadiah Stone will be the villain. A former mentor of Tony Stark, now a rival who wears the Iron Monger suit. Director Favreau hinted that Mandarin will be more of a presence (perhaps supporting Stone behind the shadow or have Stark on surveillance) in this film, which could set up for the sequel.

I'd suspect a high tech storyline would work better.
    I hope so. Our current solar power technology is still lacking.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Ward Theater was showing the Iron Man trailer before the Cloverfield movie.

Comment

Just watched the Iron Man movie trailer during the tonight's (2/28) broadcast of LOST.

I'm bleepin' convinced I have to watch it.

Opening Date: May 2, 2008.
        Last edited by Random; February 28, 2008, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I grew up with the Iron Man cartoon, one of my favorites, even had an Iron Man doll circa late 1970's I remember ordering out of a catalog that was called I think "Heroe's World". To a kid that was the greatest catalog I still have ever seen. As for the movie, it looks very tacky and silly, but I'm going to go see it anyways!

I'm also happy for Robert Downey, Jr., fantastic actor who first paid his dues to get the big Hollywood roles, then had some substance abuse problems and had to start from the bottom again and now he seems to be back in the game of being a leading man in films. I hope this continues to work out for him.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
            As for the movie, it looks very tacky and silly, but I'm going to go see it anyways!
            What looks tacky and silly in the yet-to-be-seen movie?

Or is Iron Man not the kind of comic-book franchise that can be adapted to live-action?

I'm also happy for Robert Downey, Jr., fantastic actor who first paid his dues to get the big Hollywood roles, then had some substance abuse problems and had to start from the bottom again and now he seems to be back in the game of being a leading man in films. I hope this continues to work out for him.
            I wonder if the comment he made in the recent trailer was a tongue-in-cheek joke about the actor's real-life history.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              What looks tacky and silly in the yet-to-be-seen movie?

Or is Iron Man not the kind of comic-book franchise that can be adapted to live-action? I wonder if the comment he made in the recent trailer was a tongue-in-cheek joke about the actor's real-life history.
              I was joking, but the Iron Man live action character looks like the robot from Lost in Space bred with Robocop or something. Not that I could have designed or done it any better, but for whatever reason the cartoon version looked better.

I never liked the cartoon or comic book version of the Incredible Hulk, but the series with Bill Bixby was one of my favorites.

Then again I didnt think X Men could be done live action and they made 3 movies and millions of dollars and I enjoyed them all. I will go see Iron Man for sure.

Aj

Comment

I was joking, but the Iron Man live action character looks like the robot from Lost in Space bred with Robocop or something. Not that I could have designed or done it any better, but for whatever reason the cartoon version looked better.
                Which version? The one in the 70's? Or the more recent direct-2-dvd film from Marvel?

Maybe they did copied the cartoon version costume in reality for test shooting, but found it to look weird. NOT everything on paper is going to look good in the real world.

Comment

Which version? The one in the 70's? Or the more recent direct-2-dvd film from Marvel?

Maybe they did copied the cartoon version costume in reality for test shooting, but found it to look weird. NOT everything on paper is going to look good in the real world.
                  When I was a kid I used to watch Fantastic Four, Sub Mariner and Iron Man cartoons, they seemed to be all packaged together on the same show. This was late 1970's, but the cartoons were probably 10 years old at the time.

Aj

Comment

I must be thinking of an earlier version, where they were snippets along with Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, and Captain America.

FWIW, at least we'll see the first original Iron Man (Mark I?) armor, before he decided to use the red-and-gold paints.

Comment

I must be thinking of an earlier version, where they were snippets along with Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, and Captain America.

FWIW, at least we'll see the first original Iron Man (Mark I?) armor, before he decided to use the red-and-gold paints.
                      I'm pretty sure this is the version I watched as a kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Ur4...eature=related

Aj

Comment

Just watched the Iron Man movie trailer during the tonight's (2/28) broadcast of LOST. I'm bleepin' convinced I have to watch it.
                        I enjoyed the same trailer. So much so, I'm wondering if I should bother seeing the actual movie! My wife is very excited about "Iron Man," despite otherwise not being particularly interested in comic book movies, whereas I'm hopeful for a fun ride but happy to even settle for "so bad it's good."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                          I enjoyed the same trailer. So much so, I'm wondering if I should bother seeing the actual movie! My wife is very excited about "Iron Man," despite otherwise not being particularly interested in comic book movies, whereas I'm hopeful for a fun ride but happy to even settle for "so bad it's good."
                          Tell your wife she owes you for having to sit and watch one of Tyler Perry's movies (usually the ones with the mad black woman Madera) with her.

Comment

the movie is excellent! i thought the special effects were very good and robert downey jr was a good choice to play the lead role.
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Saw the movie this afternoon at Ward. Mix of action, comedy (have to love the robot who does the fire safety thing while the Iron Man suit under goes testing) and superhero stuff.

If you do see this movie stick around after the credits, there is a brief 20 second scene at the very end.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                                Saw the movie this afternoon at Ward. Mix of action, comedy (have to love the robot who does the fire safety thing while the Iron Man suit under goes testing) and superhero stuff.

If you do see this movie stick around after the credits, there is a brief 20 second scene at the very end.
                                In case you missed it.......see for yourself!
                                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X