• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Aurora, CO Theater Shootings

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel your photos are always excellent and very interesting so i hope you continue posting them.

A family shooting in Pennsylvania. 3. Probably not worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        The only guarantee you get in life is that you will die - 100% chance of that happening.
        Hmmmm, you forgot Taxes and getting screwed by a lawyer....
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: The Aurora, Co., Theater Shootings

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          In another thread, you said:So maybe you should read this: http://www.slate.com/articles/health..._the_nra_.html
          I looked for it, but found this:
          http://www.npr.org/2012/07/27/157469...rt-gun-control
          Not all NRA members are "gun-nuts." NPR says at least 74% of NRA members support gun control!
          ~ ~

Comment

I'm not an expert on mental illness. But, my gut feeling is that he's faking at acting crazy. This is a time of reality shows where some people will do anything to become famous at any cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              I'm not an expert on mental illness. But, my gut feeling is that he's faking at acting crazy. This is a time of reality shows where some people will do anything to become famous at any cost.
              Matapule has both a Doctor of Psychology and Doctor of Psychiatry in the family. They are both aware of this guy. They say it is impossible to diagnose whether this guy is faking it or not by watching him on TV or seeing pictures of him in the newspaper. They say only an in-depth interview(s) and examination(s) can provide any professional diagnosis. They can't say realistically whether this guy is faking it or not.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Matapule's family members are right. I'm reminded of a tragic situation over a decade ago. A husband lost his wife in a kayaking accident. Her body wasn't recovered. Husband became a suspect. Between lost and suspect he was interviewed on the news and exhibited little emotion. A debate ensued on a radio show, with call-ins, about his behavior. Most callers and the radio hosts exclaimed shock over husband's so called calmness and agreed he was probably guilty. I also saw the news interview and saw what looked like to me a completely "flat" human being, expressionless, empty eyes, monotone. My first thought wasn't guilty; rather, sedated. Given the same set of circumstances I feel pretty certain I'd need some help in that department too. I called the radio show with my observations and both hosts said that never occured to them.

A round about way to suggest Holmes, who has not been cooperating with the police, *might* have been administered a drug in an attempt to call him down enough to appear in court and what we witnessed *might* have been the effect of a medication.

Just one tutu's non-professional opinion...

Comment

Just by coincidence Tutu, I had a visit from the Psychologist member of the family today after you wrote the email above. I asked her if she had seen the tape of the hearing for the Colorado shooter. She said she had. I asked her if he was faking it. She said she couldn't and wouldn't state categorically what his state of mind is, but it is her opinion based on experience that he is currently severely schizophrenic but that under the circumstances her opinion should not be construed as a professional diagnosis. I asked her about his bizarre demeanor at the hearing and she said the protocol in these situations is to heavily sedate and medicate the subject. She said the shooters behavior in court was consistent with a person who has been heavily medicated.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

If only we could categorize and identify the crazies and killers as easily.

Many times a person goes "over the edge" and people say things like, 'Oh he was such a friendly person.' Like Norman Bates: "Wouldn't harm a fly."

An interesting aspect of this:
                    A postal employee was recently caught with numerous illegal weapons, including: Fully Automatic M-16's (the real assault weapon)! Plus lots of rounds.

Brings new meaning to 'going postal.'

There are laws against these kinds of weapons in civilian hands - - yet, in spite of all the laws, they are still getting them.

Matapule, I am throwing in with you. I'm angry. I'm angry that the laws we pass to control weapons are Ineffective!
                    The politicians are clueless about how to control weapons - so am I.

I would welcome some bright solution that will let sane stable people own the weapons they need, and deny them to those that should not.

Perhaps a 3-person psych panel to evaluate every petitioner to determine if the petitioner is capable?
                    OK, maybe expensive, but worthwhile - and not without internal flaws, but what is?

Banning guns doesn't work. All the postal employee's weapons were unregistered, most of them illegal.

Funny: Illegal weapons are readily available; legal weapons are protected from ownership by a vast bureaucracy.

I think we have it backwards.
                    ~ ~

Comment

The 94 year old lady who needs cannabis to keep her eyesight can't get it. Its "just anecdotal" that it happened to work for her, but who cares about her, my God there might be some people somewhere having fun with cannabis. Fun. Happiness. America must have a strong moral tone, if that means assault guns in theaters and blinding old ladies so be it, we shall not tolerate fun. This is a moral society.

Comment

I see touches of operation Artichoke here.

The "Manchurian Candidate" seems possible here.
                        The research of Dr. Ewan Cameron is relevant.
                        The projects of these these fellas is well seen in a film titled
                        "The Presidents Analyst" with Much esteemed Coburn as lead actor.

Comment

Working...
                        X