No announcement yet.

What? Nobody's ready for some football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? Nobody's ready for some football?

Sheesh, the season starts tonite against what should prove to be a worthy contender vs our 'new' UH team, and all's quiet in here HTville?

Has nobody any pom poms?

We start now to prove the pre-season skank rank of #5 in the WAC is pig grinds.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: What? Nobody's ready for some football?!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Fans are just waiting to see after the first game if this prediction will turn out to be about right.

Comment

Have to admit, I didn't even know there was a game until someone mentioned it on Twitter.

Comment

Sheesh, the season starts tonite against what should prove to be a worthy contender vs our 'new' UH team, and all's quiet in here HTville?
        "Worthy contender"?!?? A division 1-AA team like Central Arkansas?!? And to boot, we barely beat 'em!
        Not an auspicious start to our season.
        I was thinking about watching the game on PPV last night... until I saw the $55 price tag.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

After the first game, it looks like it will be a .500 season. I hope it will be 7 wins and 6 losses, and an invitation to the Hawaii Bowl.

Comment

Sports Illustrated predicts 4 wins, 9 losses.

Considering that Navy (next to last UH opponent) damn near beat Ohio State yesterday (a 2-pt conversion attempt for a tie was picked off and run back for a safety to make the final score 31-27), I don't think that one should be considered a W.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

A win is a win...

...and even tho it wasn't pretty, especially in the 'oh no...' first half, there were some positives, like only 2 penalties = 5 yards total, the ability to make immediate and sophiticated changes, and the emergence of some surprise players like Green and Bryant.

UCA was a good way to get a working look at our team and a chance to smooth out some wrinkles. We always start off slow and awkward, and even tho the Bears are a lower case squad, they are better than most in that bracket, no pushovers.
              I think we will greatly improve as the season progresses and will give a better showing each time. But the O line still needs to solidify and Alexander better get it together, and everybody needs to avoid injury all season for things to be as they should.

I have my ti leaves crossed...
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: A win is a win...

I think we will greatly improve as the season progresses and will give a better showing each time. But the O line still needs to solidify and Alexander better get it together, and everybody needs to avoid injury all season for things to be as they should.
                Hawaii's offense can't have, "IT'S A FUMBLE" or they will lose against a team that's better than Central Arkansas.
                The offensive line is a head scratcher because they are seniors.

Comment

That was a tough loss for UH against UNLV. The UNLV receivers were too tall for the UH dbs. Can't they do the flop move that basketball players use for the offensive foul?

Comment

Re: What? Nobody's ready for some football?

What? Nobody's ready for some football?
                    NO! I HATE football! And why is it suddenly on 5 days a week? It used to be Sunday and Mondays. Now it's Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

why do you HATE football? I know why I used to - I didn't understand it. Now, I love it!
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I just don't care for it. They play for like 30 seconds and then everyone stands around talking about it for 3 minutes. The clock keeps stopping, so the games last forever. And I get tired of listening to the commentators.

Plus, I live in Texas. Everyone is ALL about football. I had to pretend to be interested in it for so long, I'm just over it.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                          Plus, I live in Texas. Everyone is ALL about football. I had to pretend to be interested in it for so long, I'm just over it.
                          Then, you missed the close up camera shot of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones picking his nose after the NY Giants scored on a Pick 6 touchdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            Then, you missed the close up camera shot of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones picking his nose after the NY Giants scored on a Pick 6 touchdown.
                            Sorry I missed that special moment

SG - thanks for answering my question so honestly. I feel really sorry for you but I guess I just don't understand not liking football. I watch games by myself, and would give a vital organ (well, maybe not - but close) to go to an actual NFL game! and it's a good thing I watch the games & understand what's going on - otherwise, I would have nothing to talk about with the folks in my office.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I've tried. I've really tried. It is just not something that interests me, no matter how much I try to like it.

I'll watch hockey though. It's faster-paced and fun to watch. I think that's my biggest problem with football. Just let them PLAY THE GAME. Quit starting and stopping and standing around talking. Everytime you think someone scores or makes a great play, there's 50 yellow flags on the field, and they have to review the play. Then the loser whines about it. It's a great representation of America, if you think about it!

Comment

Working...
                              X