Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michelle Wie

Originally posted by jdub
    i say geev um, weezie...even if she goes out like a damp bottle rocket, she'll still have the cash, and, as far as i can tell, $10M still goes a long way towards a lifetime of security...
    I could happily live off of $10M for the rest of my life. Hell, I'd settle for $5M.

any bets on the over-under for her first playboy spread? (crass, i know, but not unrealistic)
    Ohhh, brah, don't go there. Remember, she's not even 16 yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      i know, i know...hence the "over-under" qualification...hell, she's been glamorized all over the globe...it just seems like a logical question begging an extrapolated answer...i've got more keiki nieces than i can count, so i certainly didn't mean to sound perverted...my apologies...

but the question remains...
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

Heck, she could get a job hosting any and/or all tournaments or get on the infocommercial circut or sell golf clothing on Home Shopping Network! Heck, I'd watch! I love golf (so does hubby) and we love watching her golf!
        Lovena

Comment

WSKO (The Score) 790, a local sports talk radio station in Providence, has been advertising advance ticket sales for the 2006 US Women's Open, which will be held in July '06, at the Newport (RI) Country Club. The ad makes mention of some of the better-known female golfers on the LPGA tour who are expected to compete in Newport...perhaps a dozen names are read-off during the commercial. I'm just curious as to how long it will take the radio station to amend the ad and include "Michelle Wie" in the list of golfers expected to compete.

I remember the radio station interviewed the president of the Newport Country Club about the upcoming open, maybe two months ago, and I'm estimating that 75% of the conversation revolved around Michelle Wie. You could tell that this guy was chomping at the bit, hoping and praying that Michelle would go pro or get an exemption to play at the open in 2006.

I'm guessing that there is going to be a big-time increase in sales now that Michelle is going pro, with ticket buyers betting that she's going to play the most prestegious event on the LPGA.
          Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; October 5, 2005, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I just wish she'd stop talking like Elvis with that drawl ya know what ah mean!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              I just wish she'd stop talking like Elvis with that drawl ya know what ah mean!
              That's no drawl -- it's her braces and retainer!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                That's no drawl -- it's her braces and retainer!

I think Michelle Wie better watch out on those rainy golf days. Was it Lee Travino who got struck twice by lightning on the golf course? With all that metal in her mouth I wonder if she picks up any good radio stations?

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  Yeah, and she's got the bod and looks of a superstar model, so if her golfing career ever fades, she could probably make a lot of money on the catwalks, too! She could be the next Anna Kornikova or Serena Williams.
                  Yes, except that Kournikova has never actually won a major. Serena and Michelle, though -- they have the talent to back up their looks.

I'm amazed at how poised this 15-year-old kid is. I look forward to watching her evolve as a player and, yes, as a woman. Props to her for donating her first half-mil to Katrina victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                    I could happily live off of $10M for the rest of my life. Hell, I'd settle for $5M.

das ok glen...da kine uncle inouye say 16 ok in hawaii use to be 14 but wen change

Comment

I think Michelle Wie better watch out on those rainy golf days. Was it Lee Travino who got struck twice by lightning on the golf course? With all that metal in her mouth I wonder if she picks up any good radio stations?
                      trevino said after shanking a 1-iron and a bolt of lightning hit a nearby tree immediately thereafter, "See! Not even God can hit a 1-iron!"

as i watched today's coverage, wiesy's braces are now off...
                      Don't be mean,
                      try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                        trevino said after shanking a 1-iron and a bolt of lightning hit a nearby tree immediately thereafter, "See! Not even God can hit a 1-iron!"

Rain isn't bad....we've played in rain....and snow with ice on the ground! It's when ya start to hear the thunder...then ya have to be careful and most likely take a raincheck.
                        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics

Rain isn't bad....we've played in rain....and snow with ice on the ground! It's when ya start to hear the thunder...then ya have to be careful and most likely take a raincheck.
                          And don't run under a tree to get out of the rain if you hear that thunder...THAT's the dangerous part...getting zapped by the lightning. "Toasted on the 9th hole".

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The Mayor (or Gov') should hold another "No Scade 'Em, Go Get 'Em" celebration for her, like the parade that was held for our Ewa Beach Little League Champs.

That would be way cool.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              And don't run under a tree to get out of the rain if you hear that thunder...THAT's the dangerous part...getting zapped by the lightning. "Toasted on the 9th hole".

Miulang

I'd rather get toasted on the 19th!

Comment

I'd rather get toasted on the 19th!

hehehe...
                                Lovena

Comment

Working...
                                X