X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lost" Season 3

LOST update

From an item at this link regarding the new season of LOST:

"ABC announced that the new season of "Lost" would debut Oct. 4. Good news, right? Well, sort of. After the first six episodes, fans will have to wait three months to see the remainder of the season. At ABC's portion of the summer press tour, network president Stephen McPherson blamed the show's intense production schedule for the delay. "If we could run 22 [episodes] straight in the fall we would. But we just can't get the shows done in that amount of time." In its place, to combat sagging ratings for the show's frequent reruns, the network will run a new Taye Diggs thriller called "Day Break" beginning Nov. 15. The show, a cross between "Memento" and "Groundhog Day," will run for 13 consecutive weeks before relinquishing the 9 p.m. Wednesday timeslot back to "Lost" in February."
    Last edited by mel; July 25, 2006, 08:47 PM. Reason: Title change for thread merge; first post

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

"Lost" Season 3

This thread is being started to discuss "Lost Season 3". Unlike last season, we'll let discussion of the episodes take place shortly after they air. "Lost" fans now have or will have several opportunities to catch the show if they did not watch it at air time. Among the options:
    • Record to Your VCR
    • Record to Your Tivo or other DVR device
    • Go to ABC.com "Lost" website to view streaming video*
    • Purchase episode from iTunes Music Store

* assuming ABC resumes flash based streaming.

Season 3 starts in October. You can start discussions by posting news and sightings of film crews, cast and location if you are so lucky to find them shooting.

The only caveat I would recommend.

Use the spoiler tag if you are posting the same day or before the program airs in Hawaii.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by mel; July 25, 2006, 11:20 AM. Reason: fix typos
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: "Lost" Season 3

I can't say that I am even remotely interested in the third season yet. Frankly, I feel that the creatives have Lost direction and the awful scheduling format for season 3 will see the ratings fall, fall, fall. And I probably won't care.

Comment

Among the teeming fan communities I'm familiar with, the two "pod" scheduling is a great relief, and a much appreciated gesture on the part of the network. Even the show's creators had asked for greater continuity with fewer repeats, and say that it was only the fan support and response that made it possible. I'm certainly glad for it. The hodge-podge patchwork of three new, two old, is-it-a-repeat-next-week of last season was a serious pain.

My sense of the second season was that it was weaker than the first, but that's to be expected -- sophomore slump, and all that. I'm still a fan, but one with more realistic expectations.

I wasn't sure what the creators thought, so it was interesting to read and see some of their comments at ComicCon in San Diego, where they concede they went from not enough "mythology" in season one to maybe too much of it in season two... and that they'll again hope to hit the ideal balance in season three.

The level of interaction with and listening to viewers is remarkable. It does make for some missteps -- too many cooks, yada yada yada -- but is overall pretty revolutionary. One wonders just how quickly Twin Peaks would've been snuffed out had it been subject to the same level of collaborative scrutiny and online commentary!

I'm just hoping to catch the occasional shooting in town or two as they get going Aug. 7. And am dearly hoping that they again give Honolulu a one-week advance premiere of the season opener!

Comment

Lost Virtual Tour

A blurb in the Advertiser notes the launch of The Lost Virtual Tour, yet another meticulous collection of "LOST" filming locations.

So, on top of our sleuthing here, John Fischer's great write-ups, my location list and photo gallery, the "LOST" items in the Filmed in Hawaii site and forthcoming map... comes this entire site dedicated to shooting locations, with a mind-boggling collection of side-by-side photographs matching individual shots in episodes. And there are a number of minor locations I hadn't even thought to look for.

Add in other local fans with blogs or fansite memberships, and there's obviously no shortage of information and obscure details out there, from out here!

Comment

This scene was filmed at Remington College Bldg. where I work - it was quite fun to be exposed to the process. Of course, the scene was so short when it aired that if I didn't recognize the Verizon sign over on the corner, I wouldn't have known it was "ours"

[IMG][IMG]Lost_1x14_Corner_Reference.thumb[/IMG][/IMG]

Edit: Well, that didn't work! Anyway, it was Michael's accident scene in Season #1.

Fran
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Ryan: get your camera and head out to the sandbar in Kaneohe Bay right now if you want some photos of Jorge Garcia (Hurley) hangin' out. I just sent him out on a friend's boat.
              You needed an excuse to take a day off work, right?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Thanks, Lika. Jorge's a great guy. A fan favorite, in part because he's so friendly toward and open to fans. Even if I could, I wouldn't chase him down on his "off time," since chances to be a fanboy are there when he's in "LOST" mode.

I'm getting sporadic reports of "LOST" shooting activity, from Camp Erdman side to downtown (courtesy Kimo). They've gotta put out six consecutive episodes beginning early October, so no doubt they're all going to be pretty darn busy for the next several weeks.

Comment

Are they still using the Xerox building, or have they moved out of there completely?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                    Are they still using the Xerox building, or have they moved out of there completely?
                    I'm thinking they've left completely. For a while, already, only the carpentry shop remained there, but I think with all the build-out at the Hawaii Film Studio on Diamond Head, all of "LOST" is now in one place, production wise.

Comment

A nice update on Season 3 and other 'LOST' affairs in this Advertiser piece, covering the Season 2 DVD release party.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        A nice update on Season 3 and other 'LOST' affairs in this Advertiser piece, covering the Season 2 DVD release party.
                        After the first six pix of the photo gallery I had to look to see whether the photographer was male. The camera loves Lilly, doesn't it? She's also got a cover on one of the women's mags advertising her "glam" side. (I saw it at Safeway, dammit! I wasn't looking for it!)
                        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Per the 'tiser:

"...the show's behind-the-scenes chemistry remains in flux with the subtraction of Harold Perrineau..."

Did I miss something before? Is Michael (and I assume Walt as well) officially gone for good? This is the first I recall hearing this.

Comment

We see him and his son take off at the end of Season 2, and we can presume his character wouldn't return willingly. Still, as with other departed characters, including the late Libby, it seems clear to me that we haven't neccessarily seen the last of them. Harold is officially not a regular, but that doesn't mean he won't turn up... and the producers have said it's a possibility that he could become a regular again in Season 4.

You can listen to an interview with Harold Perrineau and Malcolm David Kelly, post "sail into the sunset," in the Official LOST Podcast.

ETA: Here are some recent citations...

An Aug. 4 interview with Carlton Cuse in the Boston Globe:
                            Q. Was Harold Perrineau (the actor who plays Michael) released from his contract?
                            A. Our plan is to get back to Michael's story. I don't want to confirm anything.
                            And in a write-up by the Philadelphia Daily News' Ellen Gray:
                            We'll also - eventually - see Michael (Harold Perrineau) and Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) again, he said. "We were interested in exploring what price you would pay to get your son back. The price that Michael paid was so extreme, it didn't seem possible that he could remain a part of this society after what he had done," Cuse said, noting that banishment goes back to the Greeks. "He's been banished from the island, and that to us represented sort of the necessary consequence of his action. It doesn't mean his story is over," he said.
                            Last edited by pzarquon; August 16, 2006, 04:06 PM.

Comment

It will be really interesting to see when and how they do bring Michael back, given his actions of last season. But I was surprised he'd be so quickly banished to even "recurring character" status. I always thought that Walt was seen as "key" to the whole mystery so it seems odd that this element would be removed. But we did see even last season how this would become increasingly problematic to the producers as Malcom David Kelly seemed to have grown about six inches since the crash, which was what, about two months in LOST-time?

Comment

Working...
                              X