Amazing Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Stories

Not sure if this idea is going to stick, but what the hell.
    Post any inspiring or awesome true stories here.

Hero of 9/11 won't stop speaking out against Bush

Loving couple 'died together'
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Re: Amazing Stories

Three stories out of New York this week:

Man Is Rescued by Stranger on Subway Tracks
    The headlights of the No. 1 train appeared. “I had to make a split decision,” Mr. Autrey said. So he made one, and leapt. Mr. Autrey lay on Mr. Hollopeter, his heart pounding, pressing him down in a space roughly a foot deep. The train’s brakes screeched, but it could not stop in time. Five cars rolled overhead before the train stopped, the cars passing inches from his head, smudging his blue knit cap with grease. Mr. Autrey heard onlookers’ screams. “We’re O.K. down here,” he yelled, “but I’ve got two daughters up there. Let them know their father’s O.K.” He heard cries of wonder, and applause.
    Next stop: Baby
    "My water just broke," Blanca Enriquez, 24, said to papa Fernando Lozada, as her six children looked on. "Get help." Within minutes, three uniformed cops raced to the mother's aid at the Broadway Junction L train station and helped deliver Eliany Lozada.
    2 More City Heroes, and One Saved Child
    They positioned themselves below, arms out. The little boy fell. He glanced off a branch of a tree that was brushing against the fire escape. Then he bounced off the chest of one of the men, who was knocked off balance and could not grab him. But he landed safely in the arms of the other man, who managed to hold on tight.

Comment

Re: Amazing Stories

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      [...]Next stop: Baby[...]
      And, equally amazing...the mom and dad are 24 and 23 respectively and the baby is their 7th child...and the dad plans on more. No word from the mom!

Comment

Working...
      X