Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got a new car! (and need advice)

I got a new car!
    An 07 Saturn Vue! My first new car in 12 years.

Now I have to sell my old car. I think KBB says its worth around 3100, but its got a few problems.
    compressor is busted. right headlight actuator needs to be replace. oil is leaking. small dent on back rear panel.
    all you car guys, what do you think is a fair price for a 1994 firebird? i am the only owner and its only got 71k miles.
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Re: i got a new car! (and need advice)

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    I got a new car!
    An 07 Saturn Vue! My first new car in 12 years.

Now I have to sell my old car. I think KBB says its worth around 3100, but its got a few problems.
    compressor is busted. right headlight actuator needs to be replace. oil is leaking. small dent on back rear panel.
    all you car guys, what do you think is a fair price for a 1994 firebird? i am the only owner and its only got 71k miles.
    Is the 3100 for fair, good, or excellent condition? And do you know what the cheapest estimate for the repairs will be? I suggest roughly discounting the repair costs from the "good" condition listing.

Per KBB:

"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Comment

i guess itd have to be 'fair'
      i just redid it and its actually 3900, not 3100 the dealer said.
      so 3900
      -600 to change the compressor
      -100 to fix the headlight
      -some change to fix the oil leak and dent, say $700?
      $2600. i wonder if thats considered a fair price and if anyone will buy it.
      Attached Files
      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

i guess itd have to be 'fair'
        i just redid it and its actually 3900, not 3100 the dealer said.
        so 3900
        -600 to change the compressor
        -100 to fix the headlight
        -some change to fix the oil leak and dent, say $700?
        $2600. i wonder if thats considered a fair price and if anyone will buy it.
        If you are going to use fair condition, then you don't have to discount every repair because according to fair description, there will be some minor issues like the dent for instance. So maybe start at $3300 and tell them you've already accounted for fair condition plus repair costs. Obviously, it will be natural that people will haggle and maybe you end up with $3000. It's gonna be a bit of marketing spin on your behalf too, ie. low miles, routine oil change done, etc. Try throwing it out on Craigslist, it's free so it won't hurt. Guess the other question is, what do you want as your firm price?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I posted it up on craigslist and another forum, no real replies yet, but I recall ppl here saying that craigslist isnt very useful, only the paper really works.
          I'm posting at $2600, but I'm not sure about the firm price. The dealer suggested $1k, I think around $2k might be my firm price.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I posted it up on craigslist and another forum, no real replies yet, but I recall ppl here saying that craigslist isnt very useful, only the paper really works.
            I'm posting at $2600, but I'm not sure about the firm price. The dealer suggested $1k, I think around $2k might be my firm price.
            Yeah, Craigslist unfortunately ain't as powerful here as on CONUS. But the dealer's offer is straightup lowball. It will only cost them parts to fix your listed items as they can do the labor in house. Then they will probably ask for some bluebook dealer price. I'm pretty sure you can get $2k for your car, as long as you have the patience. Good luck on the sale.

Comment

Working...
            X