Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schwarzenegger's Controversy

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Ah, but you lopped off my quote to exclude: "A potential production might just place a blurb about Arnold being considered for an upcoming movie just to see what feedback they get." This will allow for additional "breaking news"!!! I'm not saying a production will test the waters like that, just that it's an option. Personally. I wouldn't see an Arnold movie regardless of his reputation. But a lot of people would and will and some just because of this mess he's in.
    We'll just have to wait and see on that.

Speaking on whether or not people would pay to watch the movie, just to see how a disgraced actor is doing,.... The Beaver has stumbled out of the gate at the box office. Apparently, not a whole lot of people are interested in gawking at the train wreck named Mel Gibson.

As devastating as the audio tapes of Gibson swearing and ranting were, me thinks that allegations of Arnold being a sexual predator are worse. How is he going to take on the part of heroic figures, if you have feminists picketing his premiere, lambasting him with rapist accusations? How can he take part in light-hearted comedies like Kindergarten Cop, for that matter? The only thing that would be left for him are movies where he plays the villain.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

You're right, FM. We'll just have to wait and see. Everything else is just conjecture. But it's kinda fun to...conjecturize!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        And yes. If you're a male, then it is somehow hardwired into your DNA to go "a wanderin'." Woah! Since when did they start handing out bachelors degrees in genetics out of Cracker Jack boxes?
        I guess that's meant as an insult to Kalalau. I thought you encouraged "Polite discussion of difference of opinion...." The above is not a polite comment.

It's not even an accurate representation of what Kalalau said, "men are wired to spread the DNA around," is not the same as 'hardwired into your DNA.' If you were referring to Kalalau, you got it wrong.

In any case, it hardly requires a B.A. in genetics; paying attention in high school biology class is adequate. (Of course in high school we were more interested in applied biology....) In fact just observing human nature world-wide is adequate demonstration of the fact. There's plenty of evidence out there if you'd care to do the research.
        Last edited by Kaonohi; May 28, 2011, 01:09 PM. Reason: Accuracy counts!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Once is wrong. Twice is wrong. Habitually is wrong...regardless of who can't keep their pant(ie)s up. My feeling is to either not commit to a relationship or, if already in one when the desire hits, get out of the relationship thru separation or divorce. IOW, be honest. A partner's infidelity causes pain. The deception and betrayal layer on even more pain taking it to a whole new level.
          Sue, you are right on, but we need a couple side-notes.

If you choose a committed relationship and fidelity, it's wrong to cheat, period. It's a lie and a betrayal. People can be forgiven, though, and "go, and sin no more!" If they can commit to that, it can become a strong relationship. Everybody makes mistakes - some hurt more than others.

Ultimately, one partner or the other must decide: forgive? separate? divorce? execution? (I was going to say 'just kidding,' but some more backward cultures condone that.)

If it's an open relationship, where both partners agree to it, then it's not infidelity.

Not all adults are mature, and not everyone understands themselves well enough to make a commitment they cannot later keep. In that case, they should respect their partner enough to own up and take the consequences.
          ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            [...]
            If it's an open relationship, where both partners agree to it, then it's not infidelity.[...]
            Agreed. I touched on that in post #55. And, I have friends who fit into that category. It's those, male or female, who willfully and wantonly betray a person to whom they've made a commitment that I refer to in post #51.

Comment

...it's been a lotta years so the Kennedy "taint" has softened.
              Softened but the damage is everlasting.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Softened but the damage is everlasting.
                Nothing is "everlasting."
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  Nothing is "everlasting."
                  Open Up Your Eyes,
                  Then You'll Realize,
                  Here I Stand with My,
                  Everlasting Love.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/shriver-files-...000615949.html

Shocking!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      Boring.
                      Old news,
                      ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                        Boring.
                        Old news,
                        Hear me now. Believe me later.
                        And then eats a sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          Hear me now. Believe me later.
                          And then eats a sausage.
                          http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/arn...tory?gt1=43001

Comment

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/...-south-africa/

I'll be back!

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ue/3219308001/

He be back. With another controversy statement.

Comment

Arnold Schwarzenegger says going to the gym is all about ‘survival’ (yahoo.com)

He just wanna Pump....You Up!

Comment

Working...
                                X