Gran Torino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gran Torino

Albert and I saw the movie Gran Torino today at the Ward Theater.

The movie is about a retired automobile factory worker who is recently widowed and how he copes with his next door neighbors who are the victims of a street gang.

Re: Gran Torino

I saw it couple weeks ago on div--err...I saw it.

I liked the story, even tho Clint Eastwood seems like Dirty Harry with less violence. The movie did seem like a redneck republican's wet dream.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I saw it last night. I liked it. I'm pretty much the antithesis of a redneck republican. I think it has a healing quality.

Comment

A sweet and touching film. Well written, well directed and excellently acted.

Comment

Dirty Harry? If you ask me, Eastwood's character in this movie reminded me more of the Sgt. role he played in Heartbreak Ridge. A blunt, hard-nosed, raspy voiced drill-sgt. type. Wasn't afraid to speak his mind, no matter how politically incorrect it was. But deep down, he had an open-minded, compassionate side to him.

The only thing that bugged me about the story was THE CAR. Why the '72 Gran Torino, with the ugly front grille? The man worked in the Ford factory, you would think he would have had better taste in his choice of a ride, like a '70 Torino Cobra or a '69 Mustang Mach I?
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

If that was the case the movie's (as well as this thread) title would have be changed to either Torino Cobra or Mustang Mach I.

What I found interesting in the movie is when they had a gathering in Walt's house about a death in the family (Walt's wife), next door at the same time was a gathering about a birth in that family.

Comment

Another good movie. I enjoyed this one.

The grandma stole the show for me and that Barber shop scene was awesome.

Aloha

Comment

I haven't enjoyed a film as much as I did this one for a while. Although the humor is certainly based on racism, I couldn't help but laugh.

I found it interesting that this movie is Clint Eastwoods highest grossing film of his career.
                Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

i liked this flick a lot and yes, the barber shop scene alone was worth the price of the ticket!
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by dyasu View Post
                    I haven't enjoyed a film as much as I did this one for a while. Although the humor is certainly based on racism, I couldn't help but laugh.

I found it interesting that this movie is Clint Eastwoods highest grossing film of his career.
                    probably because tickets are at an all-time high now
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I really liked this movie. It kept me entertained and also had a really good story. Very good overall.
                      What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Working...
                      X