This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

So I've got this neighbor who's family used to have money & own a bit of the town but have now come down a bit in the world so they're like the rest of us. This guy walks the neighborhood at night with a walking stick (like one of those Fred Astair canes - purely for show, my neighborhood's flat as a pancake) and his two ginormous dogs. The guy recently ran for Board of Health and I voted in the town election just so I could vote against him because he NEVER PICKS UP THE MASSIVE POOPS HIS GINORMOUS DOGS LEAVE ALL OVER THE SIDEWALKS!

I've got a dog & she poops. When she does, I'm there with the baggie and I clean it up. Is that too much to ask? I'd asked him nice at least 2 times. Got a 'Sure thing' first time and a 'it's not mine' the second time. Last time one of his monsters left a gift on my lawn (& I saw the bloody thing do it) I picked it up with a shovel, walked to his house and deposited it on his porch. Haven't seen any on my lawn since but I still see plenty of it around.
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
    Socrates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post
      So I've got this neighbor who's family used to have money & own a bit of the town but have now come down a bit in the world so they're like the rest of us. This guy walks the neighborhood at night with a walking stick (like one of those Fred Astair canes - purely for show, my neighborhood's flat as a pancake) and his two ginormous dogs. The guy recently ran for Board of Health and I voted in the town election just so I could vote against him because he NEVER PICKS UP THE MASSIVE POOPS HIS GINORMOUS DOGS LEAVE ALL OVER THE SIDEWALKS!

I've got a dog & she poops. When she does, I'm there with the baggie and I clean it up. Is that too much to ask? I'd asked him nice at least 2 times. Got a 'Sure thing' first time and a 'it's not mine' the second time. Last time one of his monsters left a gift on my lawn (& I saw the bloody thing do it) I picked it up with a shovel, walked to his house and deposited it on his porch. Haven't seen any on my lawn since but I still see plenty of it around.
      Next time put in right in front of his door. Douse liberally with lighter fluid and ignite. Ring doorbell and skedaddle. Should do the trick.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Don't forget the paper bag!

Presents are more fun when you don't know what awaits within.
        "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

I just received a call. The man said he was with The National Breast Cancer Foundation. He told me many women die from Breast Cancer every year and so on. He had the nerve to ask me my Credit Card Number and how much I want to donate. $75, $50 or $25. I asked him for his name and looked at his phone number in my Caller ID. I told him it was illegal what he was doing. He hung up and I quickly called 643-7111. Hawaiian Tel Security.

Please be aware of Telephone Scams.
          Do not give out any information over the telephone to ANYONE!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

"Hello, I am speaking to you as a representative of the Prince of a wealthy third world nation. We need your assistance. . ."

Scams are irritating.

I keep getting this e-mail telling me that upon review of my last years tax return I'm due x amount of money which will be credited to my Visa or Mastercard. All I have to do is visit their website and enter my information.

I'm probably gonna catch backlash for the next comment (probably from some prior victim who happens to frequent the forums); but seriously, what do they take me for? An idiot?
            Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Please be aware of Telephone Scams.
              Do not give out any information over the telephone to ANYONE!
              A good reminder. As any financial institution will tell you, NEVER give your credit card number out to anyone unless you called them.

Comment

And remember, you don't know anybody in Nigeria.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                  And remember, you don't know anybody in Nigeria.
                  I love reading those spam solicitations - I do it with the Eddy Murphy fake african guy accent from Trading Places in my head when I do. Makes it that much more fun

Beef jerky time!
                  "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
                  Socrates.

Comment

i absolutely loathe those "huck the fuskies" t-shirts tonight. thank goodness espn didn't show as many locals wearing em as they showed people wearing the "buck foise" t-shirts last week. they make us look like a bunch of punks who know nothing about good sportsmanship, class, and aloha spirit--totally the opposite of the UH football players themselves. a neverending, purulent, oozing, maggot-infested pox on bj sabate, owner of butigroove for making & selling them.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

I went out to Nanakuli today to visit an elderly musician friend and discovered that nine days after the big wind storm his house still has no electricity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Okay so I have four credit cards with Capital One. Good news is now you can link multiple accounts to one log on password and take care of four accounts as well as bill payments to various other places such as Verizon...

Bad news is the linked accounts cannot be accessed because of a "Glitch" as the representative from their call center in the Phillipines told me. Well this glitch has caused me to accumulate late fees.

So after an hour on the phone and being transferred around the northern hemisphere I finally get to a customer service rep in good old Texas. Let's see Phillipines, Canada, then to Texas.

I use my assertive tone and my late fees are now waived but it took an hour of my time and listening to drawn out moments on hold listening to cheesy on-hold music.

If Capital One is experiencing website issues they should notify cardholders and take care of the issue instead of making us assume late charges. At least they could have put some kind of message at the start of their customer service toll free number automated system.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          [...]
                          If Capital One is experiencing website issues they should notify cardholders and take care of the issue instead of making us assume late charges. At least they could have put some kind of message at the start of their customer service toll free number automated system.
                          Based solely on the plethora of junk mail Capital One sends out I wouldn't do business with them if they were the last financial institution on earth. They have a decent money market account rate thru Costco. At least they did a few months ago...haven't checked it since. I'm a tried and true Costco fan but, still, I won't go near anything with Capital One's name on it. I'm one of those idiots who spends time returning C.O.'s prepaid envelopes to them so that have to spring for the fees!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Based solely on the plethora of junk mail Capital One sends out I wouldn't do business with them if they were the last financial institution on earth. They have a decent money market account rate thru Costco. At least they did a few months ago...haven't checked it since. I'm a tried and true Costco fan but, still, I won't go near anything with Capital One's name on it. I'm one of those idiots who spends time returning C.O.'s prepaid envelopes to them so that have to spring for the fees!
                            Yep I'm slowly dissolving my relationship with this company. But they were there when I wasn't financially hip enough for First Hawaiian Bank's credit card years ago.

Funny when your credit scores are low, nobody wants to help a poor guy out, but when you suddenly buy a house for cash! OMG now every lender wants to be your friend. Oh yeah FHB and BoH, I was a steady customer feeding everything from paper route monies to military paychecks and right up to GASCO paychecks. But I slipped once and neither of our top two local banks cared to say yes. I guess they got too big for little old me.

So I'm happy with American Savings Bank where I put my money and investments in now. This past March of 2007 I put in $3,000 into an offshore investment thru American Funds (facilitated thru ASB). This past week I liquidated that investment for some holiday spending money. I got a check for $4,127. Not a bad return on an 8-1/2 month investment.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              Yep I'm slowly dissolving my relationship with this company. But they were there when I wasn't financially hip enough for First Hawaiian Bank's credit card years ago.
                              FHB is one of two cards I've canceled in my life. Most of it was the billing cycle was bad for me. They never did give me much credit. I think it was only $300 while other cards were giving me more like $3,000. But it was hitting me with a late fee for two months because I missed one was the kicker. I still have my checking and savings there, just not any credit cards.

Comment

D@mn pot holes...grrrrrrrr
                                So, I'm heading out to meet up with Creative-1 and his lovely wife when, less than a block from home, I think I "hear" sumthin'. Hmmm. The next block I think I "feel" sumthin'. Double Hmmm. I make a left from Ena Rd. onto Kalakaua and test my "funky feeling" by oh so briefly taking my hands off the steering wheel. Yikes, an immediate pull to the right. I pull into the Hard Rock Cafe's parking lot and confirm my suspicion...a flat tire! AAA eventually arrived and helped this damsel in distress! Then I was off to Lex Brodie to find out why this 6 month old tire gave up on me.

A test showed it wasn't the tire. It was the rim...one of 4 VERY expensive rims that were already on the car when I bought it. The rim was a pot hole victim and it needs to be replaced.

So now I need to either find and buy another rim (a waste of money on a 12 year old car plus I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on one rim!) or try to find 4 matching stock rims...hopefully used! Going with the latter, I'll need to buy 4 new tires as my current rims use "low rider" tires, or something like that. Can't remember exactly what they're called. Regardless, the rims and the tires are what give my car it's cool factor!

No matter what...I'm gonna be spending buckaroonies on something I really dislike spending money on...my car! And I need to do it as soon as I can as I'm now driving without a spare. And, I had to cancel meeting up with Mr. and Mrs. Creative-1. Grrrrr...

Bummers...all the way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X