Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary Election Day - 2008

Don't forget to vote.

I picked the Dem Party so I could cast a ballot for Josh Green for Senate.

And then Angel Pilago for Mayor. West Side deserves some say in Hilo Machine Politics.

Guy Enriques for council. Jacobosen is just too left/green/soft/ for my taste.

Sanborn for Board of Education.

Voting is so fun.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Primary Election Day

I always vote via absentee ballot 'cuz I never know where I'll be on election day. I love the absentee option.

Comment

Once again, I'm with you tutusue. I've voted absentee for the past few years for convenience. I heard there was a bill in the legislature this year (didn't confirm it myself and if there was, dunno if it passed or not) to allow people to register to permanently vote absentee rather than having to sign up every year because so many people regularly vote absentee in Hawaii. I'd register to for the permanent absentee vote.

Comment

hi this is sansei and after having my breakfast and rest,i went to vote and i voted mufi h to be our great mayor and then for congress,i voted for neil ambecrombie and for non partisan,i voted first not know who is malcom for the Boe and then lei ahu isa for a new seat and then as i've shared mufi for mayor and i'll keep my prayer's in for who i voted for so that they can win.also in our polling place,they didnt have the question from the city council for rail so i'll wait until the general election.

well thank's for your time

Comment

How can you be absentee when you're there?

Comment

One does not have to be off island to vote absentee. The application does not ask if you'll he here or...there! You can have your ballot mailed to your home address or any other address of choice. It's a good way to vote if you plan to evaculate on election day!

Comment

hi this is sansei and im glad for my own self i didnt vote for Panos or Ann k is their way would not be correct in running a city and mufi is in my heart still the perfect mayor and im glad to have voted for him. this make me smile:O)

Well thank's for your time

Comment

I voted for Panos because I want to see a runoff because THAT will make me smile.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My ballot had no choices for either Democrat or Republican on the front side. I just left it blank. Basically the only vote that mattered in 22nd district was the one for mayor.

Nobody wanted to use the electronic machine. All it would take is a programmed code to change votes and their would be no evidence. I don't trust it.

Comment

[QUOTE=AlohaKine;210562]My ballot had no choices for either Democrat or Republican on the front side. I just left it blank. Basically the only vote that mattered in 22nd district was the one for mayor.
                    QUOTE]

Your ballot was blank on the front? Or just that it didn't reflect anyone for whom you wanted to vote?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      I always vote via absentee ballot 'cuz I never know where I'll be on election day. I love the absentee option.
                      Since I moved, I registered late so I had to go down to the new polling place. Before, when I was on Honolulu, I always applied for mail-in ballots.

Think I better send the application before the General Election.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

[QUOTE=Adri;210566]
                        Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                        My ballot had no choices for either Democrat or Republican on the front side. I just left it blank. Basically the only vote that mattered in 22nd district was the one for mayor.
                        QUOTE]

Your ballot was blank on the front? Or just that it didn't reflect anyone for whom you wanted to vote?
                        I did vote for one person I thought was better, but it doesn't matter either way since he can't lose the primary because there was no opposition within his party.

Comment

In my district the only races that mattered were the non-partisan. The party choice I chose had no one running in the House race and only a token candidate runnning for the Congressional seat. Left it blank on the front side after filling in the party box.

On the non-partisan side, mayor is the big race and of course I voted for Panos.

BOE candidates, I voted for the few that I knew, one incumbent and one newcomer. Plunked the at-large race.

Peter Carlisle will be prosecutor even if I was the only person voting for him.

Did the ol' paper ballot thing and took a picture of it with my tiny digital camera.

Turnout at our precinct was sparse at the time I voted early this afternoon.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I voted early this morning, but my precinct location (Washington Intermediate) opened about 20 minutes late. They were missing the password for the ballot verification machine. Not a very big deal, since turnout seemed lighter than usual.

I thought the ballot itself was poorly designed. It had a large rectangular box next to the the candidates. Normally, when you see a square or rectangle, you would be inclined to place a check mark or an "X". But here, you're supposed to fill it in completely. Why not use a circle or oval? I have a feeling a large number of ballots were invalidated because people put in a check mark or an "X" mark. Also, why was the general instructions at the bottom and not at the top?

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                              I thought the ballot itself was poorly designed. It had a large rectangular box next to the the candidates. Normally, when you see a square or rectangle, you would be inclined to place a check mark or an "X". But here, you're supposed to fill it in completely. Why not use a circle or oval? I have a feeling a large number of ballots were invalidated because people put in a check mark or an "X" mark. Also, why was the general instructions at the bottom and not at the top?
                              My only complaint is that they do not provide instructions inside the voting booth, not counting the instructions on the ballot.

Other than that, before I entered into the designated polling place building, there was a gentleman outside explaining what the ballot looks like and how to fill it in. I listened -- though it helped that I went early so there is no line -- and I got it.

In my previous experience, mostly mail-in absentee voting, the instructions were provided on the bottom of the ballot(s) along with the proof-of-voting stub number you keep.
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                              X