I heart country cafe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heart country cafe....

you notice on the title I didn't say "LOVE" cuz hubby & I DON'T love this cafe!!!!

Hubby & I were pretty hungry... we wanted to try something new. Although, I had a really great experience before in Kahalla Malll,& I didn't think twice about coming in & ordering, but not here in 885 Queen street I heart country cafe!!!!! We should call it... I HATE country cafe!!!. Any way ... (1/14/15 Wednesday) so we walked in to this place, I ordered Caribbean Jerk & My hubby ordered Kim Chee chicken.

It was so Horrible, bland, & sooo dry!!. (possibly over cooked) - I didn't give any hints at all!!, but was so bold enough to tell them to their face more or less how unsatisfied we were with the food we ordered.

No one that worked there came to our aid to make us happy.

The employees did not care at all about our feelings, & did not make an attempt to go out of their way to change our order after paying it,that was while we were still eating it that I have told them many times about how unsatisfied we are with their food. you can't say they probably didn't hear it, I even said it out loud, & no one said anything to comfort us at all.

I also even told one of them that to just stop cooking that stuff & go back to cooking Filipino food. which I meant, because they were Filipinos, & they probably will succeed in Filipino food than what they are making now

I also went to their restroom, to my surprise, their restroom was so filthy, that I almost threw up.

Since NO ONE that worked there came to our aid, I proceeded to go to their glass door refrigerator, I grabbed a plastic ketchup bottle & drenched all of the food that I ordered just so that I could ingest my food. I ate as much as I could with the drenched in ketchup.

We were so disgusted with the place & the food !!. we left the plates & everything else there, did not bother to put it away.

As we were walking out the door, I said out loud in the restaurant, so that everyone can hear including the employees... Maybe you should drench ALL your food with ketchup just so that it will taste better!!!!.

Then we left with disgust!!. We will NEVER go back there again. Personally, I felt satisfied with what I had to say. I was NOT embarrassed at all!!

For everyone's sake, I would suggest for you to not go there to that restaurant - ( I heart country cafe - 885 Queen street ) & order their food, we wouldn't!!. UNLESS you want to be unhappy & unsatisfied with what you have to order.
    Last edited by Serenity; January 15, 2015, 06:15 PM.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: I heart country cafe....

An average of two and a half stars out of five... it's definitely not a beloved restaurant.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/i-love-country-cafe-honolulu-5

But if you didn't like the food, you didn't like the food. Demanding a refund is unwarranted and I certainly don't blame them for not fulfilling that expectation.

You will never be their customer again, and I think they're happy about that too. There are too many good restaurants and to few days in life to sweat to fret too much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      An average of two and a half stars out of five... it's definitely not a beloved restaurant.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/i-love-country-cafe-honolulu-5

But if you didn't like the food, you didn't like the food. Demanding a refund is unwarranted and I certainly don't blame them for not fulfilling that expectation.
      We definitely didn't like the food. We Didn't want our money back, we just wanted to have them assist us in exchange our order to possibly something much better, which DID NOT happen at all.

You will never be their customer again, and I think they're happy about that too. There are too many good restaurants and to few days in life to sweat to fret too much about it.
      That's fine!!. WE DON'T CARE whether we come back there or not !!. I am not fretting about this, I am simply just voicing my opinion out there just so that people will see what kind of establishment this is from my point of view.

After all, isn't this place for people to voice out their opinion about certain things?? "freedom of Speech & all??
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I always liked the food in that small local chain. Lately, I've taken to walking down Queen Street on Saturdays, usually from one end all the way to the other, and have been tempted to stop in. I've never dined in that particular location.

Now I have to admit that I'm kind of curious. Bad reviews often make me want to see for myself, I'm afraid. But I will take your advice and not order those particular dishes.

My experience with I <3 Country Cafe has been that you kind of have to know what to order. I like their breakfast items, usually, and their meatloaf, shepherd's pie, and stir fry have been pretty good.

I'll let you know if my experience is similar to yours.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I used to go to I Love Country Cafe when they had a location in that small strip mall next to Ala Moana Shopping Center. It burned a few years ago and they closed for awhile. Next I knew they were on Queen Street. Haven't been there. I will follow this thread to see what people say about this location.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

That strip mall location was the original (I think), where there is now an Eggs & Things. There was another location (where Ruby Tuesday is now) in Mililani, and there are locations now on Queen Street, in the Pearl Harbor Navy Exchange food court, and the Ala Moana food court. I mostly like it, but I've never been to that Queen Street restaurant.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
            X