Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crossfading songs on iPod: Any way to do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossfading songs on iPod: Any way to do it?

I was just wondering if there any way to make songs crossfade into each other on the iPod, just as can be done whenever you playback songs on iTunes.

And by crossfade, I don't mean gapless (no pause) playback from song to song. I mean having the tailend and beginnings of songs overlapping each other, much as you hear from a DJ or on the radio. I know that one could combine songs into a single file, like some folks do to hear a mix CD played by on their iPod without any annoying pauses. But I want to keep each song in a seperate file, so as to enable the shuffle playback.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Crossfading songs on iPod: Any way to do it?

Just wondering what kind of iPod do you have?

Comment

Erase, Erase

ok I guess HELEN's reply to what I originally said here did not answer the threaders question. I have Roxio and I guess you program crossfade thru PREFERENCES?
      Last edited by DannyWilliams; March 2, 2009, 08:05 PM.

Comment

It seems that the key is not with the iPod but rather with iTunes. In the Windows version of iTunes 8, select "Edit" and then "Preferences". Under the "Placback" tab there is an option for Crosstab with a number of seconds to use.

The iPod Nano has a setting for turning the sound fade off or on but it doesn't have a time value for this option.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          It seems that the key is not with the iPod but rather with iTunes. In the Windows version of iTunes 8, select "Edit" and then "Preferences". Under the "Placback" tab there is an option for Crosstab with a number of seconds to use.
          Thanks for the advice. I found that option, but it won't enable crossfade playback on the iPod. At least, not on my unit.

Did a search on the net and it seems that the only way is to replace iTunes with a 3rd party OS called Rockbox. For myself, crossfading songs is not worth all this trouble of downloading and re-installing. But at least the option is there, for anyone who is interested.

http://www.rockbox.org
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X