Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha From NYC

Aloha All!
    My wife and I will be retiring to the Big Island in about a month. This will be a sea change for us, and one we are looking forward to. We are both avid scuba divers, and plan on spending a lot of time underwater.
    This board seems not very BI focussed, if anyone knows of another BI or West side of BI group holler at me.

Re: Aloha From NYC

Well we are here now,our stuff is waiting for the boat to be unloaded, many of the priority mail boxes and media mail boxes have arrived, and we bought a car.

Comment

Sounds like things are going well! The first Big Island-focused forum I can think of is KonaWeb. I know there's a lot of discussion at TripAdvisor as well. When you're not diving, what else are you up to?

Comment

Several of us are either from the Big Island or went to school on the Big Island, so please do share whatever you're up to. You'll make at least a few of us misty with nostalgia.

PS: Here are my top three pieces of advice for Big Island visitors or newbies: (1) Corned beef hash at Ken's House of Pancakes, (2) Roast pork loco moco at Blaine's Drive In, and (3) Cafe 100 kind of sucks.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

http://www.city-data.com/forum/big-island/

Comment

Originally posted by local1guy View Post
            Well we are here now,our stuff is waiting for the boat to be unloaded, many of the priority mail boxes and media mail boxes have arrived, and we bought a car.
            Cool, i have an undeveloped quarter acre in Volcano we were going to retire to....
            get up above the mosquito and the Coqui frogs, it's a better life.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
            X