Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Hawaii Media > Hawaii Television
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlegirl View Post
I just hate it, though, if when I inconspicuously point out a star to someone I'm with, and then they start talking loudly about that person or their show! Yikes!! Is there something nearby I can hide under?!
My friend was waiting at a San Fran crosswalk, with his coworker. They soon realized the guy standing next to them, with a skateboard, was Dave Chappelle.

The coworker started gushing all over Dave, blathering incoherently. Dave smiled, but at the same time had a, "You're a friggin' idiot." look on his face. The coworker was completely oblivious.

My friend was totally embarrassed. He gave Dave an apologetic look and said, "Laters," when the light turned green.
Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Ali`i

Jorge Garcia has a fun blog at http://dispatchesfromtheisland.blogspot.com/ and he updates it quite often, though I just peeked and there's nothing since August 10. Some good stuff from his European vacation, and you can check the 2007 folder and see what's in there from his time on-island. Low-key guy, and folks pretty much left him alone the times he was out at the sandbar.
And sadly, there are indeed paparazzi here, though they tend to stake out places like the Kahala Resort, the Halekulani, Four Seasons, etc.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Kia`aina

Lost crew setting up right now at an apartment building in Makiki on Anapuni St. just off Nehoa. Was tipped off by the big trucks and all the street parking outside my apartment becoming No parking zones. There's a big crane and the lighting guys are setting up. I'm assuming they're prepping for a night shoot. Wondering if they paid all the people in the apartment building to take some time off from being at home because the complex parking lot is empty.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Ali`i

when i went by Central Union Church about 5pm yesterday, there were a bunch of trucks, trailers & tents set up in the front. maybe that was a prep area for the other shoot on Anapuni St?
Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Kanaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
when i went by Central Union Church about 5pm yesterday, there were a bunch of trucks, trailers & tents set up in the front. maybe that was a prep area for the other shoot on Anapuni St?
I've heard that's one of the places they sometimes use as a "base camp" if they're shooting someone in that area.
Old August 24th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Kanaka

Smile Re: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

Anything happening at Hawaii Convention Center right now? It is supposed to represent Heathrow airport in London for filming a new episode of LOST
Nic
http://miceandchips.com/bluemood
Old August 24th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon
Wink Re: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

Friday's Makiki shoot was great. They took over the entire apartment complex (so I can only hope the residents got a nice 'staycation' somewhere courtesy ABC). Two stars, and a big stunt at midnight.

Interesting query about the convention center. I'd heard third-hand about a Heathrow scene on Tuesday but didn't make it out to look. Wonder if they're doing more? Any other details, Nic?

Busy first week, in any case. [plug]My wife and I recap it on our podcast.[/plug]

I'm fortunate to have a great network of "LOST Spotters" now, five seasons in. Drop me a line if you see them, or if you want to know when someone else does!
Old August 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Kia`aina

Send a message via AIM to sophielynette

If they're ever filming at the Convention Center again would someone -please- let me know? I live right across from there and I remember glancing out my window and thinking it was odd that the lights were on during the middle of the week. It pains me to be so oblivious.
Old August 25th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Keiki

Ran across Naveen Andrews while shopping at Ala Moana. Asked for a picture and with no hesitation, he obliged.

Read my encounter with Naveen Andrews.
Old August 25th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Kanaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
Interesting query about the convention center. I'd heard third-hand about a Heathrow scene on Tuesday but didn't make it out to look. Wonder if they're doing more? Any other details, Nic?
So far nothing new about the Convention Center.
Nic
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon
Talking Re: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

Got some video clips and more photos from the Makiki shoot!

Meanwhile, can't dig up anything on recent work at the Convention Center. I know Heathrow was depicted somewhere last week, but maybe not there? Or yet?

Sophie, should I add you to my "LOSTspotting" list?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Why
Ran across Naveen Andrews while shopping at Ala Moana.
Very cool. Great photo!
Old August 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Ali`i

Swear my wife said she also saw some filming being done at the convention center too.

Naveen is great, met him several times, he was so nice to my mom, wife and kids. Always obliged autographs and photos and chatted with me about the show.

Aj
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Kia`aina

Sounds like you guys should keep an eye out for Michelle Rodriguez too ... Entertainment Weekly is reporting she's coming back to Hawaii to film one episode at least.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/08/...le-rodrig.html
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfoxx View Post
They are back filming at their usual spot across from Heeia Kea Harbor today.
And they're filming there again today, as of about 10 minutes ago. All the trucks are in the parking lot of that maintenance yard, crew parking is at Heeia State Park, and the filming is in the rainforest between the two areas.

Old August 31st, 2008, 06:20 AM
Kanaka

Hi. Does anybody know anything about this new LOST filming location: In Kahala, a very large mansion, not too far from Kate's house?
Nic

Old August 31st, 2008, 12:22 PM
Ali`i

You mean this one? It's not far from "Kate's House" and "Hurley's Mansion." It's a $4 million property on the market. Went by early Friday while they were still setting up. Looked mostly interior, so it could just be serving as an interior for another location. But someone who went by later said it looked like they were staging for something outside.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 05:31 PM
Kanaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
And they're filming there again today, as of about 10 minutes ago. All the trucks are in the parking lot of that maintenance yard, crew parking is at Heeia State Park, and the filming is in the rainforest between the two areas.
Is there a rock formation in this park? The actors who play Alpert and Locke were spotted being filmed in a wooded area where it seems that Locke was seen climbing up a tree (a banyan?) and got shot in the leg.
Nic
Old September 2nd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Kanaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
You mean this one? It's not far from "Kate's House" and "Hurley's Mansion." It's a $4 million property on the market. Went by early Friday while they were still setting up. Looked mostly interior, so it could just be serving as an interior for another location. But someone who went by later said it looked like they were staging for something outside.
Great. Thank you Pzarquon.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
Is there a rock formation in this park? The actors who play Alpert and Locke were spotted being filmed in a wooded area where it seems that Locke was seen climbing up a tree (a banyan?) and got shot in the leg.
If you're referring to Heeia State Park, that's where the crew park their cars. I doubt they'd actually film there, as it would be almost impossible to do it without showing some kind of civilization in the background.
They were filming in the forest across the street. Not sure about any rock formations or banyan trees, as they were well off the road and out of sight (and sound) of the highway.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Kanaka

Thank you LikaNui.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
Ali`i

"LOST" was on separate ends of the island yesterday. In Waikiki, and finally back at the beach set at Papailoa. Report here.
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Kanaka

Hi. Thanks. There should be newer sightings now. I heard of a car chase with Hurley.
Nic
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Ali`i

were they filming on liliha street last night? one of the buildings on the right hand side as you go mauka shortly after kuakini street was made into a butcher shop.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Kia`aina

I've been reading about Lost filming in Kaimuki a lot on a spoiler website, sounds like a lot of locals post there. Here's one post:

"In Kaimuki, they were filming at the corner of 9th and Waialae Avenue. It is an accident scene where Hurley(stunt double was driving) speeds down the street and knocks over some boxes on the sidewalk before driving off. He's being chased by someone you'll never guess..... Ana-Lucia in a Police car.

She was in the car the whole time, so I couldn't 100% confirm it was her but I'm pretty sure. I just don't want to speculate and be wrong. She had HUGE glasses on. I'm guessing flashback or hallucination. I should add that the stunt guy was wearing hospital type garb, so that's why I think it is in the present."

there's pictures too, check it out: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Kanaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
were they filming on liliha street last night? one of the buildings on the right hand side as you go mauka shortly after kuakini street was made into a butcher shop.
You are right, there should be a butcher shop scene or two this upcoming season, as one of the new characters is a butcher.
Nic