Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Circuit Circus
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 21st, 2008, 01:07 AM
Ali`i

Default Re: Apple iPod nano

I found out that if you want to transport the Nano without it turning on by accident is to set the Hold switch on.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Ali`i

The Iwilei's Costco is selling the 8Gbyte Nano for only $139.99, however it's only limited to the pink, silver and black colors.
Old September 13th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Ali`i

I checked out the 5th generation iPod nano at the Ala Moana Apple Store on Saturday. I was mostly interested in the video camera feature of the unit. While I was able to shoot a couple of videos on the store demo unit I found out the following:
  1. The lens of the camera is on lower left side of the unit behind the click wheel
  2. No tripod mount
  3. No obvious way to delete a video from the iPod

I was thinking of using the iPod nano for taking videos of model rockets going up but I normally use my left hand for that process which would block the lens. However between the weight of the iPod nano and the size it will fit inside a BT-60 based model rocket (was able to fit my 4th Gen iPod nano in such a rocket).
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:41 AM
Ali`i

I actually ran out of space on my 8Gbyte iPod last week. Had to remove the videos to clear up the space and then the photos too because I rarely use that feature to display photos to other people.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:34 AM

I have an older 4GB iPod Nano. Mine doesn't do video but it does photos and music/audio.

What I do to control space is update it frequently with manually chosen playlists that I create in iTunes. So for example I have about 100 songs for "Current Hits" another 100 songs for "recurrents" and another 200 songs for alternative and 90s music.

The key is not to include your entire iTunes library in iPods that have a limited capacity. The playlist feature on iTunes is a really valuable way to control what goes in or stays out of your iPod.

With more than 16,000 audio files in my collection, I have to use this method to control what goes not only in my Nano, but my old iPod Mini, 1st gen iPod Shuffles and 4th generation iPod Photo (40 GB). All contain different playlists and are even synched to different Macs.
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Luna

I have the iPod classic with 120 GB of room. So far, I'm using it for music only. 14,364 songs at this point and just over 60 GB's used
Old July 25th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Ali`i

I got 934 songs and one podcast on my 8Gbyte iPod nano which is taking about 3.7 Gbytes of storage on it. The screen interface is just enough to display what song is playing or controling the volume. It is not the right size for displaying photos for other people to see.