Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Hawaii Media > Hawaii Television
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 20th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Haumana

Default Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
Here's an update. No one was hurt but the house was a complete loss.
What's scary here is that what I'm sure were for security reasons all of the windows had bars. IF someone had been inside they could have easily have been trapped and died. That's a lesson for folks who have bars on their windows.

John
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:02 AM
Ali`i

I'm glad no one was home when it happened, but I'm slightly annoyed that KGMB and KITV (the two I saw) deemed it newsworthy to rehash the troubles with the cops some of the other cast members have had. What had that to do with a house fire?
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:18 AM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalihiboy View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought in the case of major fire's the addresses are almost always displayed regardless if it's the home of a famous person or not.
Interesting. Maybe I'm just not paying attention, but I always thought full street addresses were less common -- most stories just give the street, if not merely the neighborhood or general location. A lazy Google of the Star-Bulletin shows a mix of pieces where the street number is printed versus a more general location.

Even if printing the street number were common, I would hope there was at least some question in the newsroom as to whether it would be done in this case.

Anyway. Definitely glad no one was hurt. Was intrigued to read that one of Evangeline's roommates was her stunt/body double. Talk about a serious character study! And Dominic Monaghan came by to survey the scene and check in with neighbors.

I agree with Link that the attempt to link a house fire to the robbery and DUIs was a bit clumsy. "LOST" stars have a bad year? And Pamela Young named Adewale's character "Dr. Eko."
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:23 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkmeister View Post
I'm glad no one was home when it happened, but I'm slightly annoyed that KGMB and KITV (the two I saw) deemed it newsworthy to rehash the troubles with the cops some of the other cast members have had. What had that to do with a house fire?
The legal troubles have absolutely nothing to do with a house fire, but the way I see it, but one can't help but wonder about this string of bad luck affecting the cast. Perhaps KGMB and KITV wanted to touch up on that?

For the record, KHON made no reference to her cast mates' run-ins with the law.
Hear the crowd roar to your sound
Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
You know we couldn't live without you
Tessie, you are the only only only
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:45 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei Liko View Post
The legal troubles have absolutely nothing to do with a house fire, but the way I see it, but one can't help but wonder about this string of bad luck affecting the cast. Perhaps KGMB and KITV wanted to touch up on that?

For the record, KHON made no reference to her cast mates' run-ins with the law.
If they'd called it bad luck I could kinda see it, but as it was it just seemed like gratuitous info.

Ah well, it's not the first time I've been annoyed by their lack of judgment and it won't be the last.
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:10 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkmeister View Post
If they'd called it bad luck I could kinda see it, but as it was it just seemed like gratuitous info.

Ah well, it's not the first time I've been annoyed by their lack of judgment and it won't be the last.
KHON's 10PM news just made reference to Josh Holloway and the DUI girls.

Joe Moore mentioned the national attention that some of the cast members received while filming on Oahu. It was then followed by news footage of Holloway's house and the DUI girls in court.
Hear the crowd roar to your sound
Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
You know we couldn't live without you
Tessie, you are the only only only
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:55 AM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon
Exclamation Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

Well, the Honolulu Advertiser takes things to their inevitable conclusion with the front-page story with Curse of the 'Lost' (complete with Season 2 cast photo with red circles marking the damed). Writer Michael Tsai opens with these grafs:
Quote:
From armed home invasions to stalking incidents, speeding tickets to DUI charges all the way to the inferno that consumed actress Evangeline Lilly's rented Kailua house yesterday the good life on O'ahu is proving nearly as treacherous to cast members of the hit series "Lost" as bare-knuckles survival on their mysterious fictional island. In fact, not since Greg Brady got into supernatural hot water with that evil tiki has a Hollywood show experienced such a run of misfortune. Someone call Mr. Hanalei!
Then tries to wipe the smirk off his face with this forehead-slapper of a segue:
Quote:
Of course, yesterday's blaze was nothing to laugh about. The house, which Lilly shared with two other women, was destroyed by the morning fire. Lilly and her housemates were not home at the time.
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:57 AM

Watching Greys' Anatomy tonight on ABC and up comes a promo for Lost with a new premiere date for the continuation of the 3rd season....

February 7. New time too as previously discussed. 9 / 10 pm.

Just in time for Nielsen.
Old January 12th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Ali`i

Wasn't the return date always Feb. 7? I thought it was... practically had it burned into my brain! The new time will be interesting, though. Had we not retired from the podcast last year, that would've meant I'd be up until 4 a.m. instead of 3 a.m.... and there'd be no point to trying to sleep at all!

By the way, speaking of "sightings," "LOST" is back downtown. Wouldn't have found out were it not for a Twitter friend. Just a reminder, if anyone spots those telltale trailers anywhere, I'd love to hear about it.
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:03 AM

I went back and looked at the QT video of the last episode I have. And yes, it was Feb. 7. For some reason I had an earlier date in my mind, but now that I think about it, it was for another show. Many serialized programs did the same thing as Lost this season. Create a big gap during the holidays and then resume new episodes around this time or later. My bad.
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
Just a reminder, if anyone spots those telltale trailers anywhere, I'd love to hear about it.
As you know from last year, my friend who's a supervisor on the Lost crew said the location schedules are protected as tightly as the crown jewels. Or the family jewels. I'll sure pass along anything I pick up (to you, via PM or e-mail), but.
He did mention that Jimmy Buffett was on the set for a few days, a couple of weeks ago. Apparently he'll be in one of the episodes, but I don't know whether it will be as himself or as an 'extra'. Something fun to watch for, though!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Ali`i

Peripherally about "Lost," what happened to that oh-so-heavily promoted show "Day Break" which was supposed to replace it during this off period? I haven't seen a promo for it in months. Was it that bad?
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaNui
As you know from last year, my friend who's a supervisor on the Lost crew said the location schedules are protected as tightly as the crown jewels.
Of course. But there are a variety of ways to get the information, from fostering your own inside contacts to having a friendly network of eagle-eyed friends who ping you the moment they see those trailers up the street. And when I show up? Much of the crew knows by now that I'm a cooperative fellow who exhibits a fair amount of discretion. I stay out of their way, observe and document, and buzz off when asked.

I don't want to make trouble or spoil any fun (for anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled), but I certainly don't mind feeding the hunger out there for "LOST" news... especially during the hiatus. Heck, if it wasn't for production news, some fans would've wilted away completely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkmeister
Peripherally about "Lost," what happened to that oh-so-heavily promoted show "Day Break" which was supposed to replace it during this off period?
As noted in the "Day Break" thread, it was unceremoniously killed on short notice early in December. That mid-season filler was replaced by another mid-season filler, "In Case of Emergency." Apparently it could be doing better in the ratings, too. I bet ABC is just about as impatient for "LOST" to return as its fans.

Last edited by pzarquon; January 12th, 2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old January 12th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Ali`i

The thread about Day Break is in The Tube forum.

I think it lasted six episodes before being canned.
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Rabbett from IRH.com shot the following pictures this past November:

1. The now familiar Mr. Cluck's chicken place... again:

http://www.hotspotshawaii.com/irhpag...land/lost1.jpg

2. Mr. Cluck's chicken van in front of green screen:

http://www.hotspotshawaii.com/irhpag...land/lost2.jpg

So I guess we can expect another Hurley flashback at this location soon.
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Ali`i

Looks like the Producers of LOST are in talks with ABC about a possible end date to the series. I always felt the show would last no more than 5 seasons. Also next year it looks as if the series will air consecutively like "24" does. I always tape "24" and then watch it over Memorial Day weekend all at once so I don't have to wait and watch it week to week. I guess I will do this with LOST, however it will be hard to avoid all of the spoilers and leaks that go over the web. At least with "24" you pretty know that Jack Bauer will save the day on the final episode, I would hate to find out a castmember of LOST is killed off in February and in May while I watch the whole series at once, already know this. Maybe I have to change my viewing habits or something....

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

KalihiBoy
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:27 PM

Yes, I am definitely waiting for the story to climax and come to an end. All deserving serials need to be ended in a planned way instead of waiting for low ratings and the network axe to fall in the middle of a storyline series.

This can be done as it was with the TV show Babylon 5 which at its inception defintiely had its entire story planned out as a 5 year arc, even though much of the end story was squeezed into the 4th year on the thought that cancellation would come that year. That series got a repreive when the TNT network picked it up for the 5th year and episodes were produced to fulfill that.

The definitely should avoid a burnout like The X Files as alluded to in the linked article previously noted.

Hopefully with a good plan and a definite commitment by the network to stick to the plan, Lost can come to an end and "bow out gracefully".

Surely after the series end, the TV industry in Hawaii will have a void to be filled, and hopefully another series can come in and successfully take Lost's place.
Old January 15th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Ali`i

The writers/directors/producers made an interesting parallel with Rowlings and Harry Potter. Her "Seven books and done" gave the whole thing an endpoint up front, which meant that the readers at least had a clue of what to expect in the last book.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 12:29 AM
Kanaka

Sighting- King @ Isenberg over at Rudy's Flowers.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Ali`i

Er...maybe that's Beretania and Isenberg? And when was this?
Old January 24th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Ali`i

Saw all the trailers lined up on Isenberg St., by Old Stadium Park yesterday afternoon. But, they were not there today so don't know if they were finished or not.
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Ali`i

Rudy's Flowers has a sign on the door that reads, "Rudy's Flowers Got LOST. Get LOST Too! March 28, 2007." It will play Tustin Ranch Florist for a Locke flashback.

As noted earlier, in February we'll see the UH Medical School, Nuuanu Ave., McClain's Auctions (again), Fort Street at S. King, Waimanalo Beach, Fort Street at Chapin Lane... basically, some great location shoots to look forward to!

Also, the wife just noticed the official synopsis for the Valentine's Day episode of LOST (airing Feb. 14) includes the following casting notes: "Guest starring are Sonya Walger as Penny Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Shishir Kurup as Donovan, Fionnula Flanagan as Ms. Hawking, Katie Doyle as receptionist, Jeremy Colvin as delivery man, Michael Titterton as bartender and David Cordell as Jimmy Lennon."
Old January 30th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
Also, the wife just noticed the official synopsis for the Valentine's Day episode of LOST (airing Feb. 14) includes the following casting notes: "Guest starring are Sonya Walger as Penny Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Shishir Kurup as Donovan, Fionnula Flanagan as Ms. Hawking, Katie Doyle as receptionist, Jeremy Colvin as delivery man, Michael Titterton as bartender and David Cordell as Jimmy Lennon."
Well, how many English-accented actors can you find in Hawaiʻi?
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Ali`i

Talking Re: "Lost" Season 3 News & Sightings

The Star-Bulletin has announced a "LOST" contest:

Get 'Lost' and win valuable collectibles
Quote:
All it takes to win is some clever analysis -- or lucky guesses. The person who answers the most questions with the greatest accuracy wins. The winner will be announced once the last question is answered on the show, or at the end of the season, whichever comes first.

1. Who will die next and how will that person die?
2. What will happen to Ben Linus/Henry Gale on the operating table?
3. What caused the paralysis in Locke's legs?
4. Where will Claire and Charlie's relationship go?
5. What will happen with the Kate-Sawyer-Jack love triangle?
Good thing they said "end of the season," because my bet is questions four and five won't be definitively answered until the end of the series... which could be 2008, 2009, or later if there's a movie to cap it all off! The top prize, by the way, is a signed full set of the character miniatures from McFarlane Toys.
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:10 PM

StarBulletin.com running a story on "Lost" locations today.

Location, location, location

Quote:
The real inside story on "Lost" is how Oahu is transformed each week into sites from Africa to utopia

Providing a canvas: Crafting the world out of Oahu is as hard it sounds -- involving complex scouting and alterations
"Lost" resume broadcasts for 16 episodes starting this Wednesday at 9 PM (Hawaii Time) on KITV 4. (ABC)