Night Clubs from the Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Night Clubs from the Past

Was anyone else there at Little Orphan Annie's when the B-52s played there or when The Talking Heads were there?

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
      Wasn't Jilly's at the Outrigger Reef Hotel where Shorebird is? It's next to the Halekulani Hotel. It's now called Outrigger Reef on the Beach.
      Apparently it was at the Outrigger Reef Hotel. 2169 Kalia Rd does that sound right? Everyone is telling me it is a club called Shorebird, what is Shorebird like?

Comment

Originally posted by PearlCityMike View Post
        I couldn't find a thread on this, but I am trying to piece together all the Night clubs I went to in the past and where they were located. Feel free to add your favorites or other memories.

The Point After - Hawaii Regent: We went there every weekend. I made friends with a few of the bouncers and waitresses. It began to cater to tourists in the early 90's and wasn't the same. I heard it closed in 2004 or so.

Bobby McGees - near Sansusi (sp?) Beach: We went about once a month. I used to order the bartenders iced tea pitcher and carry it around.

Rumours - Ala Moana SC: Stopped in this place once in a while.

Cilly's - Hyatt Regency: Only went about 10 times total.

La Mancha's - Keeaumoku: I only went here a couple times in 1981.

The Power Station - Ilikai: This place was happening in 1985. Met and dated a waitress there. It was called Hell before '85.

Rock and Roll Clinic - at the edge of Waikiki. In 1984 a table full of servicemen next to us lit up a pakalolo pipe and passed it to us. I got a good hit, then the bouncers saw us and took the pipe away from them. Anyone remember what this club's name changed to in 1987? Also - I heard it was dangerous at one time and fights broke out.

Jazz Cellar - Waikiki: In 1984 there was a band that played there where the lead singer looked like a Jim Morrison clone!

Rock-Za: Where was this again?

Jilly's - across Rock and Roll Clinic: I think this was one of the names of this place. I only went there a couple times.

There was a little night club on Kuhio a block from the ABC store that I can't recall the name(s) of. Some high class strip bar (Silver Fox?) opened up across from it in the late 80's.
        How about Valentino's anyone remember that? Also "Infinity", i think it was on Kalakaua Ave you had to walk down these steps of a building to get there i believe it was a hotel!
        Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Jilly's was in the basement of that hotel, on Lewers street.
        the Halekulani Hotel
        Originally posted by cezanne View Post
        Yup . Never went to Jilly's... Shorebird yes.
        Whats Shorebird like?

Comment

As quiet as this forum is, it does bring in nostalgic people from all over thanks to the great conversations over the years turning up in search engines. Below is an inquiry regarding recordings of "The Moving Company" (precursor to the "Hawaiian Moving Company"), in case someone with such recordings happens across this thread. Donnalynn gave me permission to post for her, please contact her directly with any leads!

Aloha,

My name is Donnalynn Kaimi. I was browsing your website and I must thank you for your list of Disco Nightclubs from back in the 1980s.

I was specifically searching for the broadcast shows filmed at the Hyatt Regency's Spats Nightclub in Waikiki called, "The Moving Company". (Before it became the "Hawaiian Moving Company".) Back then, this show featured the latest dance craze and disco moves, somewhat like "The Soul Train".

Please help me find those lost segments. I was part of this show and had fun filming this. I would be so happy to watch this and remember the happy times of Waikiki.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. I can't wait till you get back with me on this!

Sincerely yours,
          Donna Lynn Kaimi
          donnalynnkaimi@gmail.com

Comment

@ 10:30 the House Without A Key looks like a tsunami hit it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Nb9pXnEbY
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
            X