Clear All

Re: 13 DUI's

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/entertain...rrest_20090706

She acted like Joyce De Half Witt.

Comment

There IS a solution to DUI repeaters!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      1 DUI is too much.
      Prison? A lifetime in prison with no release would be the only answer for someone like Pat if prison is the only answer. He HAS to drive, w/or w/out a license, and will when he get's out, and eventually will probably do so drunk and then it's back to his normal ways.

Maybe there is no solution to this for him.
      Agreed, that 1 DUI is too much for society to handle.
      Prison? Who has ever come out of prison a better person? Prison is a way to keep harmful people away from the populace, and to intimidate those who would break the law. Since we still have lawbreakers, daily, we can all see (at least those who operate from logic) that prison is a temporary answer.

Since this person will not voluntarily seek rehabilitation, then forced medication is one solution.

There is a medication which will cause extreme nausea in the recipient if they drink alcohol. They drink, they CAN'T drive. Ordered by a judge, administered by a doctor - daily, it will allow this man to have a normal life and not drink!

And drive, but not drive drunk.

Alcoholism is NOT a choice, it is an illness. Anyone who says it is a choice to drive UI or not is MISINFORMED! When one is under the influence, or 'UI,' they no longer have logical thought processes operating.

Frankie's Market opined:
      Well if driving was that important to him, he should have made wiser choices in his life. Everytime a person is intoxicated and gets behind the wheel, they have a choice. They can do the stupid thing and take the chance on driving themselves home. Or they can do the wise thing and ask for a ride home from a sober friend. Or call the cab.
      No, Frankie. They have no more choice than a heroin addict has to decide whether or not to shoot up.

A casual drinker has a choice, an alcohol addict has none. (This from the files of the State of Hawai`i, Department of health, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division.)

Whether or not you believe or accept it, any addict has turned into a victim; a victim of powerful forces beyond their control, which dictates their actions and choices. They are a victim of the insidious forces of the drug, which robs them of will and choice.

For DUI, medication is one choice, imposed by government. Prison is another, less effective. Therapy is another, partially effective.

The only choice is which method will bring this man to compliance. Any other choice is death to innocents.

"Only a dictatorship would blame the victims for the crime."

I sincerely wish that the "blamers" here would get some compassion, and even more importantly, some education.

DUI is a serious problem, and it will not be solved by sending people to Auschwitz. It can be solved, however, with a combination of medicine and psychiatry.

Get real. Get off the righteous soapbox. These people need help.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: There IS a solution to DUI repeaters!

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        Prison? Who has ever come out of prison a better person?
        Nelson Mandela?

Comment

Charles Dutton?
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

There's Tim Allen. And in local circles, the late Chuck Norwood.

Allen was a coke dealer and addict. Norwood reportedly was heavily drinking on the day he got into a fight and committed a murder. But both men turned their lives around, not by whining and having other people make excuses for them. They knew what they had to do and put their noses into the grinder while serving their time, which paved the way for their post-prison success. They were real men.

And finally, comparing the fate of a DUI convict in any prison system in the US today with that of Nazi Germany's most notorious death camp.... Nothing more needs be said.
            Last edited by Frankie's Market; July 8, 2009, 01:40 PM.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: 13 DUI's - & alcohol addiction.

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              And finally, comparing the fate of a DUI convict in any prison system in the US today with that of Nazi Germany's most notorious death camp.... Nothing more needs be said.
              Yeah, that was a bit over the top. But, I'm glad we're on speaking terms again.

It is encouraging to know that some people learn from prison, at least learn how to avoid future mistakes, but let's face it: they are the minority.

I still don't think prison is the answer for repeat DUI, any more than it is for bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. These people are NOT in control, are not rational. They are ill, and need treatment. The same goes for drug addiction (although a drying-out period helps).

Addiction, whether to alcohol or other mind-bending drugs, is NOT a choice.

Casual DUI by non-alcoholics? Perhaps that is a choice, but even then, when your mind is clouded by alcohol you can be expected to make bad choices. It is not excusable, but it is treatable.

Leo: Political prisoners don't count!
              ~ ~

Comment

Re: 13 DUI's - & alcohol addiction.

Leo: Political prisoners don't count!
                Ooh! Don't say that to any of them!

Comment

Re: There IS a solution to DUI repeaters!

Prison? Who has ever come out of prison a better person?
                  Don King and Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Comment

Doggie?

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    Dog the Bounty Hunter?
                    NOT!
                    Dog, the bounty hunter, who allegedly torched his rented house in Waimanalo? (After attaining his freedom, that is... and why?)

Dog, the exploiter?
                    Dog, the racist?

Dog, who learned in prison how to best exploit the system, and came out a "changed man," able to exploit every loophole in a single bound?

I don't think so.
                    ~ ~

Comment

Re: Doggie?

Dog, the exploiter?
                      Dog, the racist?

Dog, who learned in prison how to best exploit the system, and came out a "changed man," able to exploit every loophole in a single bound?

I don't think so.
                      So, you don't believe his tough love advice to meth addicts on the show.

Comment

Re: Doggie?

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        So, you don't believe his tough love advice to meth addicts on the show.
                        I learned the hard way that Dog the Bounty Hunter will do whatever is in his best interest to make money, to make himself better, to clean up his record (even if it means burning down his former residence to, perhaps, eliminate traces of meth).
                        It is obvious he wants to better himself, and if helping others helps him better himself, well, that's better than the alternative.

As far as believing him? Trusting him?
                        Not even as far as I can throw him.

Let his works speak for him. He has done both bad and good, let me know when the good catches up.

I do not judge him - his works judge him. I hope he finishes redeeming himself.
                        ~ ~

Comment

http://www.newsday.com/ny-etartielan...,7179828.story

Who saw this coming? Is this going to be a John Belushi and Chris Farley situation?

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090815...20090815180644

Is George Michael more dangerous on the road or a public bathroom?

Comment

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...=rss_localnews

Who's at fault for having a person get 2 DUIs on the same day with the second one resulting in an accident?

Comment

Working...
                              X