HT Meet up in Dublin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HT Meet up in Dublin

Hi I've booked for the 13th and will be staying at the Grafton hotel just 'round the corner from Kaonohi. There will be a pint waiting with your name on it.

Re: HT Meet up

is that in Honolulu? where is that hotel?
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Grafton? Kahalu`u?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Grafton? Kahalu`u?

Ireland in the heart of Dublin. 45 min flight for me. No idea how other friends will make it but to stroll around the Temple Bar side streets and listen to the music is a superb experience. The full Irish breakfast in these hotels is a killer and you need nothing to eat for the rest of the day until dinner time.
        I am really looking forward to it . Hope it doesn't pour down as it usually does but I am going prepared this time.
        Last edited by Barry; May 25, 2009, 11:24 PM.

Comment

well hell - why did you get us excited about meeting you both then? that really sucks.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            well hell - why did you get us excited about meeting you both then? that really sucks.

Jump a plane it's not expensive and you will be most welcome.

Comment

Guys would get self-conscious wearing a kilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                Guys would get self-conscious wearing a kilt.

Nobody wears the kilty there now ! 11 miles away in scotland they wear it for New Year and other high occasions. You have to have Irish or Scottish blood in you to determine what clan and tartan kilty you can put on.
                I am allowed to wear one but never have and never will.

Comment

maybe not expensive to you but a trip to Ireland, much as I would love to make it, has a prohibitive cost right now. I would love to go to Dublin, look up my cousin Lorcan and get some background on my ancestors. We can't all just hop on a plane.
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Ireland is one of my dream trips. Not only does the husband's family live on the road to Belfast (my husband has both Irish and Scottish ancestry, knows his clans and his tartans) but it's just a magical land to me.

Say I was not married to himself (), I would still travel there. It's *always* been on my top 5! I love the land and the people. If I couldn't have been born Hawaiian I would have loved to been born Irish! Or better yet, BOTH!

ooooh yes, I'd love a trip report and pictures! I hope you guys have a great time, have a Guinness for me!
                    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Re: HT Meet up in Dublin

Originally posted by Lei K
                      ooooh yes, I'd love a trip report and pictures! I hope you guys have a great time, have a Guinness for me!
                      Is anyone other than Barry really going? He tends to have a reputation for, ummm, offbeat posts on HT. Did I mistake this thread for another?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Is anyone other than Barry really going? He tends to have a reputation for, ummm, offbeat posts on HT. Did I mistake this thread for another?

I do believe Kaonohi really is going to Ireland.

*edit to say* I may be wrong though, I thought I remembered him talking about a UK/Ireland trip...
                        Last edited by Lei K; May 26, 2009, 09:27 AM.
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei K View Post

*edit to say* I may be wrong though, I thought I remembered him talking about a UK/Ireland trip...
                          Aha...if that's the case then this thread makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Lei K View Post
                            I believe that's true, and these two HT'ers will meet irl - then the rest of us who won't be there can read the tales of their wild gatherings!
                            Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            You have to have Irish or Scottish blood in you to determine what clan and tartan kilty you can put on.
                            Clan Wallace, in my case.
                            Last edited by Leo Lakio; May 26, 2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

No idea who will be coming. There are people from everywhere who would love to come but it's a cash flow prob with many. Wow ! how many people do I know who have relatives that they want to see in Ireland ?
                              It really is a beautiful place.
                              I do resent one member saying that I go off board at times. I am presenting the facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X