The Royal Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Royal Wedding

A friend is a total Anglophile, his mom was English, he spent several years working there, he is totally into The Wedding, he was scheduled to help host and produce a big party & viewing for The Wedding in San Diego @ Balboa Park's Organ Pavillion starting at midnight. I was intending to blow it off as I look at royalty as way outdated and artificial, etc. Still, when I happened to wake up @ 3 am yesterday I couldn't resist turning on the TV to see what was up and I was captivated instantly. When I got in on it some fabulous hymn was being sung, played on a gorgeous organ, Westminster Abbey was gorgeously decked out, I was stoked, I was captivated, I watched more and more. I approved of The Queen's conservative yet cheerful outfit, I was stoked by the total enthusiasm of the gathered masses, you seldom see so many people so happy. So I enjoyed it. Much to my surprise. It was on 11 channels (including 2 en espan~ol), only 9-11 had equal saturation.

Re: The Royal Wedding

Ok. DH and I watchd from start to finish in the comfort of our bedroom. With the "ooohs and ahhhhs." Every hat I saw, I fell in love with. I insisted I wanted to learn how to make hats. DH kept telling to hush and watch the telly. And so we did. It was a fairy tale. Truly. The pace just right. Nothing about it was staged or phoney...it was pure love. We witnessed history and God's blessing upon them. And tears rolled down from mine eyes. To see the people cheer and celebrate was in itself something to behold. Memories of Princess Diana flashed through my mind. I didn't know her personally but I knew of her and her kindness. She was the people's Princess. And yesterday, it was her son's wedding. The final two kisses sealed it and made the people satisified. Yeah, I watched the wedding. Twice.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I had no intention of watching the wedding as I was already into circuit overload with all the media coverage since the engagement was announced 6 months ago. ENUFF ALREADY! Once Merrie Monarch was pau I turned the wedding on while I got ready for bed. And, I was hooked! My feelings mirror Kalalau's and Auntie's. What a beautiful couple. They redefine royalty, imho. I couldn't help thinking, with incredible sadness, how Princess Diana was robbed of the experience of seeing her adored son's milestone.

Comment

Watched highlights on various channels after the fact. I like watching positive stories on the news--nice change from all the usual negative/scandalous stuff.

Seeing all the hats made me miss the South, as I recall seeing people all decked out in their Sunday best there on a regular basis. It also reminded me that the KY Derby is coming up (another hat-centric event!). Never worn a hat, but for some reason I kinda want an ostentatious one now!

Looked like the royal couple really was in love, and since they've been together a while and seem to have much in common, I hope it lasts. Was nice to see something positive in association with the royal family after the lingering pall cast by Princess Di's death.

Comment

There was a Royal Wedding recently?!? Hmmph - why don't they ever promote these things?

Oh well - they didn't come to watch any of mine, so I'm not watchin' theirs.

Comment

Daughter Unit insisted on staying up. I said okay if she promise to go to wake up for school in a good way. She did.

Favorite parts

The Priest straight outta Monty Python, complete with a mouth full of marbles.

Prince William almost falling asleep. I saw them droopy, long blinks.

Goth girl, with "mad"scara all over her eyes, sittin by the queen, in a pink hat that looked a little like a figure 8 on crack.

Coats with tails.

The fact that well over 1/2 the audience cannot see the altar from their seats.

All in all, 6 outta 10. Not quite the Superbowl, but distracting enough to watch.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Someone mention hats? Fergie’s daughters, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice. (Fergie was not invited.)
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                It was a fairy tale. Truly........Yeah, I watched the wedding. Twice.
                Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                I turned the wedding on while I got ready for bed. And, I was hooked!
                You two are such incorrigible romantics......and HT ohana love you for it.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

@amati....you crackin me up....thats HER....omg...roflmfao....bwahahahahah..

the whole pomp and circumstance of it just makes me guffaw laugh out loud...

bwahahahahaha......WE LOVE IT!!!!!........

so sick...crackin me up
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                    (Fergie was not invited.)
                    What did she do that it was so bad for the royal family?
                    I would have watched if Mr.Bean was there.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      @amati....you crackin me up....thats HER....omg...roflmfao....bwahahahahah..
                      Yeah, I figured that. Some payback they came up with, huh?
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        What did she do that it was so bad for the royal family?
                        I would have watched if Mr.Bean was there.
                        Why WAS Mr. Bean not invited?
                        And what would he be wearing?

Comment

"Two things kept me from watching the wedding.

They're called testicles."

-- Jay Leno

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X