Star Trek Vanguard Novel Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Vanguard Novel Series

Just finished reading the fifth book in the Star Trek Vanguard Novel series titled Precipice.

Vanguard is the name given to Starbase 47 located roughly where the borders of the Federation, Klingon Empire and the Tholian Assembly meet with unclaimed space the Federation and the Klingon Empire would like to claim it and the Tholians wishing they don't.

The series take place during the time of the Original Series and while the USS Enterprise makes an apperance during the first novel, most of the characters in the series are new.

The books in the series are titled:
    1. Harbinger
    2. Summon the Thunder
    3. Reap the Whirlwind
    4. Open Secrets
    5. Precipice

Re: Star Trek Vanguard Novel Series

Haven't read Star Trek novel in a LONG time.

I've always considered them non-canon so I won't be distracted by those material when I'm in a discussion group full of Trekkies.

Of all the Trek novels I have read in the past, The Final Reflection by John Ford is my favorite.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Currently reading Declassified which seems a collection of short stories about the Vanguard station, the first short story takes place before the events of the first novel in the series.

Comment

Still reading Declassified. Currently on the third short story, this one jumps back and forth between 2 events 9 years apart.

Another title came out today via Barnes & Noble called: Star Trek: Vanguard: What Judgments Come. Going to add that to my collection soon.

Comment

The last book of the series titled Star Trek Vanguard - Storming Heaven was released some time this month.

Currently reading it.

Comment

The list of novels in the Vanguard series are titled:
            1. Harbinger
            2. Summon the Thunder
            3. Reap the Whirlwind
            4. Open Secrets
            5. Precipice
            6. What Judgements Come
            7. Storming Heaven

Plus these two books which add more to the series at different points in time during the book series run:
            Star Trek Vanguard - Declassified
            Star Trek S.C.E. #64: What's Past #4: Distant Early Warning

And according to Barnes & Noble there will be another book coming out October 2012 which is titled:
            Star Trek: Vanguard: In Tempest's Wake

The series started in 2006 and it has beeing coming out roughly a book a year, when I got the Nook PC application installed I started to puchase all of the books in the eBook format and started to re-read them on my Nook Special Touch. Finished the first three plus the Distant Early Warning (which was a new read to me). Currently on Open Secerts.
            Last edited by helen; July 14, 2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X