• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: People Who Spoil Movies

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Business as usual at the old King theatre

LOL

That theatre was soooooooooo DARK if you walked in when the movie started you obviously had to wait till there was decent lighting from the screen to know where you were going. Ya dunno who u are going to walk into or sit in someones lap by accident.

Now swinging back to the topic onhand

when I went to see "Poseidon" this lady brought her grandkids with her..

Ohhhhhhhh auntie why is da ship flipping over?

thinking to myself SHADDDDUP!

or how bout when these 2 chicks would'nt shut their yap during SNAKES ON A PLANE...

If the conversation was short and soooooo quiet ya could hear a pin drop.... NO BIGEE

Girl #1 - Awwwwww man my Boyfriend the other day YAK YAK YAK
    Girl # 2 - Really? Haaaay over at A&F I saw this cuuuuuuuuuute top yak yak yak
    ME - (fed up and turns around) HOW LONG ARE YOU TWO GOING TO BE TALKING?

*SILENCE*

Comment

On the other hand, I encourage everyone to sing along with the Coca-Cola commercial: La-La-La- LA LA LA LA!
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by hifotog View Post
        The pet peeve that bugs da living ^#%$# outta me is when I ARRIVE EARLY ENUF to avoid da crowds and get a good END seat and if get time befo the movie start...go buy my popcorn and soda...but den, wen da movie starts...HERE COMES EVERYBODY!!!! MARCHING IN DA DARK trying to find a seat...HELLLLLLOOOOOO?!?!??!?! Do you know what time da movie started? and by all means and human natcha...get plenty seats around...YET, dey come and take the seat..RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SEAT!!!!!! Ahem! but dat gets me PISSED OFF

Oh sorry hifotog, I guess I'll apologize now, I'm always late for movies, but I try to do everyone a favor by just sitting in tha front rows..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
          On the other hand, I encourage everyone to sing along with the Coca-Cola commercial: La-La-La- LA LA LA LA!

Hey! That's the Tickle Me Elmo song...get your tunes right man!

And Nikki...how do you know it was a MAN peeing on the floor? Hmmmm do women grunt when they pee too?
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            And Nikki...how do you know it was a MAN peeing on the floor? Hmmmm do women grunt when they pee too?
            Men grunt?

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
              Men grunt?
              Are you kidding? Grunting is the predominant form of communication for the human male.

rrrnt.

Comment

eric and i have decided we will avoid going to the dollah theatah at restaurant row from now on. everytime we've gone, we've gotten into some sort of drama. the last time was when we saw transporter 2, and the fun started even before we got to our seats.

how so? well, i stopped at the ladies' room (you know, cause i didn't want to get up in the middle of the movie) and when i went to wash my hands, i noticed a forty-ish woman with three school-aged girls heading straight from the toilets to the ladies' room door. ewww! i said to myself and moved on, making sure to open the door with a few layers of paper towel in my hand.

the beau and i then went into the theater, when lo and behold, the non-handwashing lady was seated all the way in the front. cept the three girls she was with had multiplied to six or eight boys and girls, from toddler to intermediate school age. i told eric about the lady and what i had seen her do (or more correctly, not do) in the bathroom, and he noted, "nice. they're all eating popcorn now."

did i say ewwww before? cause let me say ewwww again.

let me remind you, transporter 2 was definitely an R rated movie, what with the nudity, language and violence.

anyway, throughout the movie, the woman and her brood insisted on talking loudly. the children, who were spread out over two rows, were so poorly behaved they constantly would change seats between rows. it was so bad that noise they were making was often louder than the movie itself (and like i said, this was transporter two, not a sensitive merchant & ivory film). the beau and i, who were sitting pretty much in the middle, could hear the muted groans from all over the theatre everytime we heard the toddler screech, the kids fight over popcorn, and the lady yell such things like, "eh! junya! take da soda and sit da hell down already! how many times i gotta tell you!" people who had seats near them got up to move further away in the hopes of being able to watch the movie.

finally, during a quiet spot in the movie (you know--that lull that happens shortly after a whole bunch of gunfire, expletives, and explosions plus some cool chase scenes), i hollered:

EH, LADY!! KEEP THE NOISE DOWN!!!

about ten people gave me an approving nod or the thumbs up. the lady with the kids just glowered at me. in fact, she got up just before the end of the movie with her row of runts, carrying the toddler, and made sure to hiss at me, "YOU shut up, you BITCH!"

when we got up to leave, our seat neighbors expressed their aghast at how the lady had the nerve to call me a bitch. i only shrugged and said, "main thing was that they did get quieter after i yelled," which they did.

story doesn't end there. when eric and i left the theater, guess who we saw camping out, sucking on a cigarette by the plants between the theatre and the ocean club?

the lady. her kids were nearby, running around, no doubt high on candy and soda.

and she actually called me out!! she yelled, "eh, come ovah hea! i like talk to you! who you tink you are" etc etc.

i laughed, and called over my shoulder, "lady, cool it! you're setting a bad example for your kids!"

what did she say back?

"dey not my keeds! dey my GRANDKEEDS!!!"

god help us all.
                Last edited by cynsaligia; May 29, 2007, 07:48 PM. Reason: details make a story great. forgot a detail or two.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

That can happen anywhere. Doesnt only have to be the $1 theater, I've had bad experieces at all the theatres, mostly the low-brow movies tho. Ive gone to Dole at 10pm to see Dawn of the Dead and seen three 5-6 year olds running up and down the steps.
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                    Are you kidding? Grunting is the predominant form of communication for the human male.

rrrnt.
                    Yeah and we talk while peeing like it's a sports game.

"Come on get in there, get, get, get, alright!"

Or as Quagmire would say, "GIGGIDY GIGGIDY - ALRIGHT."

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                      That can happen anywhere. Doesnt only have to be the $1 theater, I've had bad experieces at all the theatres, mostly the low-brow movies tho. Ive gone to Dole at 10pm to see Dawn of the Dead and seen three 5-6 year olds running up and down the steps.
                      Ah. That brings back memories, when I was able to sneak into a theater that young and saw "breasts" for the first time from a B-flick.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

30 Movie Extras That Ruined Scenes (msn.com)

Extra, Extra.

Comment

When Good Movies Go Bad: 26 Fantastic Films With Surprisingly Bad Endings (msn.com)

Movies that spoiled themselves.

Comment

32 Movies With Drastically Different Alternate Endings (yahoo.com)

Movies in the future might have different endings. And you stream which version you want to watch.

Comment

Working...
                            X