People Who Spoil Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Who Spoil Movies

I used to work with someone who would tell me all the jokes, movie endings and surprises. I'd tell him to stop because I'm planning on seeing it too, but he never did in all the years I worked with him. As a result, I pretty much stopped going to movies.... unless I knew the ending already, like Titanic, LOL.

Once I was standing in line to see Sixth Sense, and a guy walking out yelled to everyone, "He's a ghost!!! Bruce Willis is a ghost!!!" It's funny now, but not at the time!

Why do some people do that??

Re: People Who Spoil Movies

For me is....

What I don't get is...

Why the HECK do people talk at all in the movie theaters ?!?!

If you wanted to talk to your friends or family (out loud), why come in in the theater when the movies have already started, & start talking to them???

you should just talk to them outside !!! Have lunch or dinner & talk to them, not inside the movie theater!! GAWD!!

Now, for me, those are the kind of people that SPOIL MOVIES for me!! I am over there to enjoy the movies & not listen to someone talk through out the damn storie of the movie, GAWSD!! :mad
    :
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

The pet peeve that bugs da living ^#%$# outta me is when I ARRIVE EARLY ENUF to avoid da crowds and get a good END seat and if get time befo the movie start...go buy my popcorn and soda...but den, wen da movie starts...HERE COMES EVERYBODY!!!! MARCHING IN DA DARK trying to find a seat...HELLLLLLOOOOOO?!?!??!?! Do you know what time da movie started? and by all means and human natcha...get plenty seats around...YET, dey come and take the seat..RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SEAT!!!!!! Ahem! but dat gets me PISSED OFF

Comment

I heard in the UK they employ a cell phone blocker - making it so that cell phones dont work in the theater... I wish they would do that here.
        You know that punk with the sidekick3 isnt answering a page cuz hes Doogie Houser.
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by hifotog View Post
          The pet peeve that bugs da living ^#%$# outta me is when I ARRIVE EARLY ENUF to avoid da crowds and get a good END seat and if get time befo the movie start...go buy my popcorn and soda...but den, wen da movie starts...HERE COMES EVERYBODY!!!! MARCHING IN DA DARK trying to find a seat...HELLLLLLOOOOOO?!?!??!?! Do you know what time da movie started?
          Yep, I hate that too. If I am paying full price for a movie (like first run at Ward or Regal Dole Cannery) I try to go the first matinee of the day and hope the film is in the larger halls. Usually if I am lucky enough on a weekday, you avoid the crowds, latecomers and noisy kids and enjoy the movie in relative quiet in a not so packed to the gills movie hall.

On the other hand if you go during peak time like in the evening or on weekends of first runs, you run into that crowd, latecomer thing. It is even worst at the $1 Wallace Restaurant Row theaters where even for an older movie, people can be still be packed in like sardines in one of those smaller closets that pass for a theater... but then at a dollar of the movie I probably don't have much to complain about.

Still the late comers urk me as well as the cell phones and noises that happen during the movie.

I guess that is why I loved the old Cinerama and Waikiki Theaters so much. They were so large that if you went to a marginal movie or a hit movie late in its run, you would not have to cope much with the crowds or the annoying late comers.

Luckily for most movies, I wait it out for the DVD these days.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I was at a movie once and the girl in front of me was literally doing a play by play of the movie such as, "Okay this is the part when she finds out he had an affair, watch she's gonna stab him with the bottle of wine after she cracks him over the head with it".
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The pet peeve that bugs da living ^#%$# outta me is when I ARRIVE EARLY ENUF to avoid da crowds and get a good END seat and if get time befo the movie start...go buy my popcorn and soda...but den, wen da movie starts...HERE COMES EVERYBODY!!!! MARCHING IN DA DARK trying to find a seat...HELLLLLLOOOOOO?!?!??!?! Do you know what time da movie started? and by all means and human natcha...get plenty seats around...YET, dey come and take the seat..RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SEAT!!!!!! Ahem! but dat gets me PISSED OFF
              That's why I never go on the opening or the second week of movie's debut. If I'm lucky, I try to get my days off on the weekdays when most people are working rather than spend time at the movies. That way, no one sits besides me (getting all up in my "elbow" business) and no one sits in front of or behind me.

I also bring a whoopie cushion to make loud "wet" fake farts so they'll switch seats away from me.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The funniest spoiler was when a radio show here in Chicago went out when the Star Wars:PM first came out and over a bullhorn, they gave the ending.

There was a horde of Star Wars fans screaming and trying to tip over the radio's co-host's car. The best thing was....it was played live on the air.

=============================
                About the original thread, yeah someone did give away the "Sixth Sense" ending before I saw the movie. Ruined it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  That's why I never go on the opening or the second week of movie's debut.
                  If it is a huge movie like a Star Wars that I am keenly interested in, I go on the first day or a day very close to it. Otherwise you end up facing the other type of movie spoilers... people at work who saw the movie and tell you what happened.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                    I used to work with someone who would tell me all the jokes, movie endings and surprises. I'd tell him to stop because I'm planning on seeing it too, but he never did in all the years I worked with him. As a result, I pretty much stopped going to movies.... unless I knew the ending already, like Titanic, LOL.

Once I was standing in line to see Sixth Sense, and a guy walking out yelled to everyone, "He's a ghost!!! Bruce Willis is a ghost!!!" It's funny now, but not at the time!

Why do some people do that??

Well in the movie 50 FIRST DATES, Drew blurts out the same thing.......
                    providing if YOU have seen it already.

I kinda don't like that aspect of ppl spoiling a movie I wanna see.....
                    Takes away the element of suprise...
                    I do have to share when I went to see SCREAM at the Nanakuli Theaters (is it still there by any chance?) and was getting something at their manini concession stand...... I over heard 2 workers talking about the movie MICHAEL (the one w/ John Travolta) and is talking about the ending......
                    I was thinking to myself............ WHAT THE?!?!?

Comment

So back in the 70's when humongus Afros were in style, having one seat themselves in front of you was a pain. So we improvise...we sit behind someone already situated. That way there are no surprizes come showtime
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I can't remember what theatre it was, but I know I was watching the very end of Star Wars. A few rows behind me, we could hear a guy peeing right on the floor... it was a looong one. At least, I assume it was a guy. We all could hear it, but I didn't know where it was coming from. I picked up my feet and made sure to look before walking when we got out.

Comment

I can't remember what theatre it was, but I know I was watching the very end of Star Wars. A few rows behind me, we could hear a guy peeing right on the floor... it was a looong one. At least, I assume it was a guy. We all could hear it, but I didn't know where it was coming from. I picked up my feet and made sure to look before walking when we got out.

first off...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wonders if this was back during its intial release or when the extra footage were put back in on its re-release run?

- Cinerama ?
                          - Pearlridge 4 Plex?

Comment

we could hear a guy peeing right on the floor... it was a looong one.
                            Business as usual at the old King theatre
                            Burl Burlingame
                            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              I was at a movie once and the girl in front of me was literally doing a play by play of the movie such as, "Okay this is the part when she finds out he had an affair, watch she's gonna stab him with the bottle of wine after she cracks him over the head with it".
                              It could be worse... me and a friend got suck in the back row watching 'dumb and dumber' and a girl in front of us kept talking like "i dont get it" "huh"
                              omg, dumberer in front of us!
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                              X