Innocent or just dirty.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innocent or just dirty.....

Just wondering, have kids shows just become more dirtier now then ever?

Bananas in Pajamas...(*Shakes head).

Another example was I had some friends over and we were wathcing some Japanese television when they had McDonald's kids toys which was a bathing toy (which looked like a sprinkler bucket) and they showed two boys bathing together and playing with the bucket. Just wrong.

Re: Innocent or just dirty.....

Hui! You are starting to worry me.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

What were the boys doing in the bath or with the bucket that you think is just wrong? Communal bathing (whether with families or in public baths) is not considered "wrong" or "dirty" in Japan (unless there is something other than bathing going on there). In some cases, it's a practical matter (not all homes had baths and people whose homes don't have baths go to a public bath, or it conserves water and energy to have all the kids bathe together or even a father bathing with all the kids or a mother bathing with all the kids) and communal baths sometimes serve a social function like hanging out in a pub. Onsen (usually baths with water from hot springs) are considered by some to be good for the health and there are onsen tours where people go from onsen to onsen bathing (up to 4 times a day, I believe) to ensure good health or seek improvement of health conditions.

On a side note, wasn't there a Japanese cartoon that was shown in the US that caused some freak out because the father was shown in a furo bathing with his sons and some of the US audience thought that was inappropriate? I can't remember which cartoon right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furo

Comment

I don't really watch any kids shows but was reading about the whole SpongeBob problem that came up and I guess from what I read stopped production for awhile with that show.

Comment

The Japanese commercial I remember is the "fun" one in which a boy in the communal bath "breaks wind" (as evidenced by huge bubbles) and all of his friends scoot over as far away as possible! That one may have won an advertising award of some kind!

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoGuy75 View Post
            I don't really watch any kids shows but was reading about the whole SpongeBob problem that came up and I guess from what I read stopped production for awhile with that show.
            There was no SpongeBob problem, there was however, a fundi freak out over a video that dealt with different type of families...ya know the kind with adopted kids, step kids, single parent families, etc.

Here's the article with the video (seems to only work with IE):

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6852828/

Comment

What SpongeBob problem? I haven't heard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                What SpongeBob problem? I haven't heard about it.
                I don't know what's SpongeBob's problem. We already know Mr. Squarepants is gay. It's not a matter of IF but WHEN he finally comes out.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  I don't know what's SpongeBob's problem. We already know Mr. Squarepants is gay. It's not a matter of IF but WHEN he finally comes out.
                  Like the "Right-Wing" or "Left-Wing" Christian Activists were talking, they were upset that Mr. Spongebob was gay. Really I could care less, but there's always a rumor mill churring somewhere on the internet.

The few rumors I came across in the last few years was that Barney was Paul Rueben (Pee-Wee) causing the show to end and that Mr. Rodgers was an ex-navy seal (this was my favorite BS rumor -BTW) and that he wore long sleeved sweathers to cover all the skull tattooes marking each person he killed while being a sniper. HAHAHA.

Love the internet.

Comment

Mr. Rodgers was an ex-navy seal (this was my favorite BS rumor -BTW) and that he wore long sleeved sweathers to cover all the skull tattooes marking each person he killed while being a sniper. HAHAHA.
                    What's wrong with that?

Comment

What's wrong with that?
                      Nothing, that's why I said that was my favorite story I heard.

The story, I guess was branched off Lee Marvin when he was on the Johnny Carson show talking about Captain Kangaroo serving in WWII.

It was an email that was circulating thru my work.

Comment

I liked that subway commercial where those two Asian women were enjoying their sandwiches, and one of'em said, "Girls need their meat!"
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                          I liked that subway commercial where those two Asian women were enjoying their sandwiches, and one of'em said, "Girls need their meat!"
                          Double entendre; my favorite form of innuendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                            Double entendre; my favorite form of innuendo.
                            Kaona, baby, kaona. Sometimes more obvious than others; and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Comment

Like the "Right-Wing" or "Left-Wing" Christian Activists were talking, they were upset that Mr. Spongebob was gay.
                              People need to just chill. It's only a cartoon!

And if they got issues with "gay" cartoon characters, then how come no one ever complained years ago about Snagglepuss? And Velma from Scooby-Doo never seemed to be into guys either..... I've also read somewhere about some whisperings that Milton the Monster was playing for the other team as well....

Comment

Working...
                              X