The HT Awards nominations thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HT Awards nominations thread

With the calendar year approaching an end, I thought I'd think up some awards, and probably settle on agreed-upon names for them by the end of this month, then have voting from Dec 1-31.
    Rules: Keep it above the belt, and you can't nominate yourself

PS - Yo fam, suggest new ones or change the names of the awards trophies as you see fit.

MVP (Most Valuable Poster)

Rookie of the Year

The admin Trophy - recognizes good messageboardsmanship

The helen Trophy - recognizes addressing of serious and or practical issues in threads/replies

The mel Trophy - most-entertaining threads/replies

The Kahi Mohala Award - most-off-the-wall reples/threads

The Aluminum Cross - takes criticism in stride

Mr. and Mrs. HT - recognizes man and woman who have used HT to benefit Hawaii's communities (hmm...Maybe Mr. and Mrs. Auntie Pupule Award?

The Spidey Award - they're so cool, but you don't know what they really look like

And we can name this one after me...The Mike Lowery Award - posting so much (some pointless), you wonder if they have a life
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: The HT Awards nominations thread

Jeeves... I think something like this should be set up by the true admin and not a wanna be.

I mean you joined HT what 3 months ago? how would you know any of these?

I've only been a member for about a year or so...?

But I will put you into the candidates of rookie of the year... along with me
    Last edited by damontucker; November 7, 2006, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I nominate ManoaSurfer123 for the Kahi Mohala Award.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
        I second that nomination.
        Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
        I will put you into the candidates of rookie of the year... along with me
        Mānoa, read the rules. You can’t nominate yourself!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

The butterfly said milk wants goats to have a whale tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
            The Aluminum Cross - takes criticism in stride
            Well, I'm outta THAT category for certain...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Well, I'm outta THAT category for certain...
              You're still up for the "Rodney King Award"
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                I second that nomination.M?noa, read the rules. You can’t nominate yourself!
                I third that and also nominate him for the Aluminum Cross award!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  I third that and also nominate him for the Aluminum Cross award!
                  I put my VOTE with the three too.

As foa "The Mike Lowery Award" change it to Mr./Ms. Post Happy Award.

I nominate ~ hmmmm....dis hard.

It's a tie!

Manoa and Mike Lowery!

Ooops! I forgot about doc1456!
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; November 8, 2006, 11:41 AM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

MVP (Most Valuable Poster) - Scrivener

Rookie of the Year - blueyecicle

The admin Trophy - recognizes good messageboardsmanship - 1stwahine

The helen Trophy - recognizes addressing of serious and or practical issues in threads/replies - Miulang

The mel Trophy - most-entertaining threads/replies - manoasurfer123

The Kahi Mohala Award - most-off-the-wall reples/threads manoasurfer123

The Aluminum Cross - takes criticism in stride - hmmm...toss-up between manoasurfer123 and Leo Lakio

Mr. and Mrs. HT - recognizes man and woman who have used HT to benefit Hawaii's communities (hmm...Maybe Mr. and Mrs. Auntie Pupule Award?) - Konaguy and WindwardOahuRN. Konaguy helped a load of people about the HawnTel DSL probs, and that's what brought me to HT. WindwardOahuRN's been watching the health threads with an eagle eye and has provided lots of safe and sound advice.

The Spidey Award - they're so cool, but you don't know what they really look like - Lei Liko, just 'cause I find her posts to be short and witty, she hasn't 'caused any confrontation on HT, and her avatar got me sometimes tricked into thinking that's really her in it

And we can name this one after me...The Mike Lowery Award - posting so much (some pointless), you wonder if they have a life - I woulda nominated myself, but damn...manoasurfer123 got that many posts in just over a year?

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                      The Aluminum Cross - takes criticism in stride - hmmm...toss-up between manoasurfer123 and Leo Lakio
                      Very kind of you to say, but I decline the honor - I really don't take it well. I DON'T, I TELL YOU! Awww....go f@&% yerself!!!

But I agree with your MVP nominee: Scrivener has shown a consistent balance of erudition, intelligence, wit, creativity, and value in his contributions. If he could share the award, however, I would also offer it to Pua`i Mana`o, for similar reasons. While many HT folks amuse, humble, enlighten and intrigue me on a regular basis, I have gained much from the postings of these two, for which I am grateful.

And mahalo to you as well, Mike, for some recent amusements, as well as the opportunity to praise those two.

Comment

MVP (Most Valuable Poster) - 1stwahine

Rookie of the Year - Mike_Lowery

The admin Trophy - recognizes good messageboardsmanship - Helen

The helen Trophy - recognizes addressing of serious and or practical issues in threads/replies - Scrivener

The mel Trophy - most-entertaining threads/replies - Madazza

The Kahi Mohala Award - most-off-the-wall reples/threads - Why Can't I nominate myself damnit... MANOASURFER123

The Aluminum Cross - takes criticism in stride - Nachodaddy

Mr. and Mrs. HT - recognizes man and woman who have used HT to benefit Hawaii's communities (hmm...Maybe Mr. and Mrs. Auntie Pupule Award? Erika Engle and PZarquon

The Spidey Award - they're so cool, but you don't know what they really look like - Leo Lakio

And we can name this one after me...The Mike Lowery Award - posting so much (some pointless), you wonder if they have a life - KIMO55 has left the house...so this one goes to Miulang Just by sheer numbers.
                        Last edited by damontucker; November 8, 2006, 12:51 PM. Reason: Someone else was my MVP... but never like point her out

Comment

I think you left out a category.

The Golden Ladle Award - Most likely to stir the soup and cause controversy on the boards.
                          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                            I think you left out a category.

The Golden Ladle Award - Most likely to stir the soup and cause controversy on the boards.
                            Gee Tiki... I wonder why that was posted after my list

Comment

ACK!

mahalo for thinking of me but contests like these make me uncomfortable, regardless of being considered a contestant or as a mere observer. Singling out people for their quirks and personalities instead of a record of service is a square hole for my round peg.

There is a lot of heart on HT. Ditto for silliness. Twice that for idea-tossing. Let's focus on that instead.

aloha, PM

pax

Comment

Working...
                              X