Happy Feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Feet

Anyone see Happy Feet? Everyone at work saw it and its driving me crazy cuz now I wanna see it...
    sigpic

Re: Happy Feet!?

yeah i saw it yesterday... pretty cute movie.... good premise for the story. makes me want to stop eating fish!
    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Did you see the anything in it for Heart Songs? I watched a show a long time ago about a terminally ill boy who wrote "heart songs". (Oprah I think)
      I wonder if the two coincide?
      I cannot imagine it not linking somehow.
      He wrote a book or two maybe.
      I heard it on the Happy Feet commercial
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Oohh..I saw it last night..it was soooo cute, my neices and nephews were dancing in the aisle's. lol
        * yea kinda feel bad eating fish now...hmmm

<chomps on some smoke marlin>
        sigpic

Comment

I saw a trailer... and thought "Saturday Night Fever w/ animated Penguins!"

What's up with all the Penguin movies lately?

Comment

Re: Happy Feet

Penguins are hot now. Six months ago? Jungle animals. A couple years back, it was bugs. Watch for three or four car-based kid movies in a little while.

I enjoy the trailers for this film quite a bit. But it's one of those trailers where I feel like all I need to see is right there on TV. Still, the reviews are good... and lord knows our kids are itching to see something on the big screen again.

Comment

If this movie makes you feel bad for eating fish, then I sure hope something else appealing to kids comes along! I want to take my kids to see it, but I want them to keep eating fish, too.

I took my girls to work to see the shrimp and after Kid 2 met some cute little shrimp swimming around in the raceway, she refuses to eat them! That really kinda defeats the purpose of my mission of promoting aquaculture!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Don't ever trust those animated left-wing toe tapping penguins! Yup, their shuffle is subliminally brainwashing all our little kiddies via a secret code!
                Half an hour later, during Fox's alleged "business news" program, Your World w/Neil Cavuto, Cavuto was silent on News Corp.'s move but he did have time for a segment bashing the new movie Happy Feet. He said he thought it was "like an animated Inconvenient Truth." He wondered if Hollywood was trying to "sneak one by us," and he claimed the movie has a "hidden agenda" that is "pretty far left."

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The only thing that is keeping me away from this movie is Robin Williams . The man is so NOT funny his voice ruined ROBOTS and Aladdin.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

I took my son this weekend and he is 4. It was scary for him. The killer whale and seals scared him he jumped. But it was a nice movie. I didn't fall alseep...much.
                    Still can't find out about the heart songs
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Went to see this flick today. It's been out forever, yet the theater was still packed. One family decided to just set up a picnic in the aisle (don't tell the fire department).

The music was great. The animators loved going all-out with the wide open spaces and natural vistas and the like. (You could tell right away this thing was conceived from the start as an IMAX flick.) The kids were hopping and bopping and even my toes were tapping. It was almost perfect, upbeat, light family fare.

Except for the last 20 minutes or so, when the ghost of Al Gore poured a thick layer of "humans are eeevil!" sauce over the whole thing.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all for a helping of tree-hugging, pro-environment propaganda in a kids movie about nature. I mean, if folks insist that kids movies have to have morals at all, "save the planet" works as well as any. But it was 'bout as subtle as a Mack truck, very much a sharp left turn, and it seemed to somewhat betray the tone of the rest of the movie.

Part of me thought there oughtta be a "human free" cut of "Happy Feet." Because even without that stuff, you could've had a winner of a movie. Everyone says things are done this way. Our hero is different, refuses to change, expresses himself in his own way, and finds love and acceptance in the end. Tada! Hugs all around.

But, there's a big detour down the "what's happening with all the fish" path, and after spending most of the film in this wonderful, spectacular imaginary world, "Happy Feet" drops us into flat reality. And again, a bit of tsk-tsking would be fine -- I feed my kids a fair amount of hippie claptrap on my own -- but we go from arctic icescapes to the floor of the UN, for crying out loud.

Just one example: Our hero wants to "make contact" with humans. And soon, contact is made. Both humans and penguins are dancing. Isn't that great? The universal language of rhythm and dance has brought two worlds together! But just in case we didn't get it, that scene is followed immediately with a montage of political protests and "don't eat all the fish" signs and jabbering newscasters and... sigh.

By the time we get back to the happy dancing, it seems a bit halfhearted.

But the music and dancing are great. The kinetic, catchy musical numbers are pretty much worth the condescending lecture.

Comment

We took the girls to Koko Marina Theaters to see this and about a third of the way through someone lit a cigarette and they evacuated all of the theaters. By this time in the movie, my husband was already hating it; that seal was pretty creepy and honestly I didn't get the ethnicitization of penguins. We got in the car and drove around the front and saw that they were letting everyone back in. I got out and inquired and was able to secure four passes for another show.
                        The next day we went back to watch "Charlotte's Web." Gloriously different, wonderfully done, and no assinine trailers preceding it with kids punching adult men in the nuts for kicks. Kid 2, whose name actually is Charlotte, was devastated upon the ending of the movie. I had to carry her, all 45 pounds, to the Starbucks where we dried her tears with a Frappucino.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                        X