• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An' Den

Originally posted by DaFerret
    Hey, wassup Izzie, nice to see another newbie! :P
    Write as you like as long as it's not smohtineg lkie tihs, baescue it hrtus lkie hcek.
    oH aNd sTiCky CaPs dEsErVeS sLaPs.
    No wrroy, I not giong be taht insnensitvie!
    But you know what? Mr. Ferret?
    I get one of those!
    Try Look
    Dis our baby.. her name is Niele!
    Kewt yeah?
    So, das what you look like in person?
    *hee hee*

Comment

Alohas everbody!
      I just wanted for tell everybody Hi, and for add my 1 1/2 cents in ( i used to have 2 cents, but loss 1/2 somewhere along da way ) Anyways here what I like say Like everyone else when I was growing up I was not allowed for speak pidgin. If I did sometimes I got da slippah, and sometimes I got my mouth washed out with soap. A lot of times I got both! My mom is was a school teacher, and she never stopped telling us kids to always speak perfect english, cause that's the only way you will get ahead. So I grew up speaking for the most part standard english. I have been away from Hawaii for close to 20 yrs now, and I never really missed home. I would go back for visit every 3-4 yrs, and visit with family and friends but it was never really a big deal for me. Then one day about three years ago I woke up with the worst case of homesickness. A friend of mine whom I've known sice my Hanabuttah days also lives her in San Diego was feeling the homesickness too ( he's one haole boy, but as local as can be!)Since then he and I have been on a search for people and things connected to da Aina for ease with the homesickness. Then recently I happend upon Alohaworld and da Lanai (Excuse yeah cause what I'm going to say can be fully expressed in pidgin) Ho afta the introductions on da lanai da homesickness one melt away like you would not believe Da Aloha that I one get was awesome! If you guys get chance you should read da post dat Mokihana one write about the 10th island of Hawaii. I had finally found one place where people of like Minds came together for talk stories and support each other. It really helped with the homesickness. And da Pidgin was a big part of it. Everyday now I go home laughing. Da homesickness is still there, but now it is eased by the awesome people I have gotten to know. When this site was introduced to us, I one go check em out, and I was hesitate for join, cause all you guys in hea was talking only in perfect english I didn't know if I would be welcome. But then I one read this thread, and had for say something. To me talking in pidgin represents more of a state of mind and a way of life then just a form of language Kinda like what Aloha is supposed to mean. I am a single parent, and I miss the since of Ohana that I grew up with back in the aina that I don't see here on the mainland. So I teach my son pidgin along with english so that when we go back to visit family and friends he has stronger connection to the islands that I miss so much. Ok den I pau for now. But I like say Hui Aunty Izzie come back inside hea for talk stories with the ohana inside hea! going be only good fun I promise! Besides Lurkah stay inside here too, and you know how kolohe dat bugga is If you no come back who going be around for dicipline him with da slipph when he act up!? Besides I think would be fun for add some dimension to dis lanai

Comment

Originally posted by NeeHo
        But I like say Hui Aunty Izzie come back inside
        Originally posted by NeeHo
        hea for talk stories with the ohana inside hea!
        Ho, wha'chu talking about? I neva even leave, and den!
        Try look my post befo' yours onez...
        What? You lagging? Stay on Hawaiian time?
        *hee hee*

Comment

Now that that's hopefully cleared up...Izzie, if you're near Atlanta, you must have awful tales of traffic congestion!
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Izzie
            No wrroy, I not giong be taht insnensitvie!
            But you know what? Mr. Ferret?
            I get one of those!
            Try Look
            Dis our baby.. her name is Niele!
            Kewt yeah?
            So, das what you look like in person?
            *hee hee*
            I'm not so cute as that buggah (pix by my name, up there *points up*), but I get one mean squeak. I've always wanted a ferret, but I don't know if I could keep up and cater to its needs.

Comment

Ho, wha'chu talking about? I neva even leave, and den!
              Try look my post befo' yours onez...
              What? You lagging? Stay on Hawaiian time?
              *hee hee*
              You must have been posting around same time I was. Was only after I one post this I one go back to our lanai an read everything. As for lagging I stay guilty. As for being on Hawaiian time, Wot get other kine time too?
              Last edited by NeeHo; June 18, 2004, 11:43 AM.

Comment

In fact, having graduated with a Th.D
                I'm curious about something, and please don't take this as a flame, but if you really have a Doctorate of Theology I have to wonder about the unusual number of misspellings in your post:
                " disturbes " (disturbs)
                " accepting all man kind " (mankind)
                " a dieing child in my arms " (dying)
                " she stepped on a land mind. " (mine)
                " get caught up the etiquettes of speach. " (speech)
                " the Untited States of America " (United)
                " even those from Lousiana " (Louisiana)
                " mode of speach " (speech, again)
                " didn't mean to bust another eggshell. " (burst; or was it arrested? <g>)
                " just being straight forward " (straightforward)
                " that let's me out " (lets; otherwise would be "that let us me out")
                " had the privilage " (privilege)
                12 misspellings from someone who supposedly earned a doctorate just makes me wonder, that's all.
                In any case, I really enjoy the pidgin posts here! Those few who don't like them don't have to read them.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

It is a flame, if a toothless one. Pointing out someone's spelling mistakes is among the most pointless exercises in any community, one that's well documented and is absolutely discouraged. A friendly correction is one thing. A point-by-point inventory of errors is uncool.

This has definitely been the most colorful thread we've had yet. Thanks to those working to keep it friendly and light.

Comment

Originally posted by admin

This has definitely been the most colorful thread we've had yet. Thanks to those working to keep it friendly and light.
                    Hui dat's what going happen when you let kolohe peeps like us from da AlohaWorld Lanai come inside and talks stories wit you. Us guys only like have good fun, and even when we beef, it all stay only in da spirit of good fun! I like thank da peeps in here, cause now I stay little bit closer to da aina even though I stay live far away. Oh and by the way I think you guys aint seen nothing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro

Brah, das one awesome GIF. You can make um lillo bit smaller, though?
                      Hah? Why? Boddah you?

Nah nah nah nah nah cool yo jets brah.
                      Howzit Glen. You fo real o wat? Why you like me make my GIF mo small? Da buggah taking up too much space ontop your screen? If I make um mo small den my name Lurkah going come all distorted anden my piko (belly button) going disappeeyah too, not to menshen all da lint I been saving insai dat buggah too. Anden I wen notice dat you nevah say not ting about da size of Izzie's HUGE lolo GIF:

...which might lead me to believe dat you stay oni picking on ME because you like Izzie more den me. I hope dass not true, brah. Bumbai I going hafto tell you fo meet me aftah school behind da band building fo trow blows. Eh by da way Glen, you stay related to Mits Funai, yeah? Next time you see Mits go tell heem dat Fate Yanagi stay all in love wit me. Anden if you two guys get any problems wit dat you can come check me out behind da band building.

Love & Aloha,
                      Last edited by lurkah; June 18, 2004, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                        Now that that's hopefully cleared up...Izzie, if you're near Atlanta, you must have awful tales of traffic congestion!
                        Oooo yeah, no? Had to turn on da fan and blow it out of the way.
                        Traffic in Atlanta really not too bad. Not as bad as Los Angeles, or New York.
                        Now, THAT is bad! If no'mo accidents, not too bad during rush hour. Can count
                        on maybe anywhere from 30 - 60 min delay. Seldom do I get caught in the
                        "pull hair" Stop & GO traffic. THAT is the one you just like park on
                        the side and say.... "Fo'get dis, Gimme one donkey already!"
                        Eh, but you know. I was raised Kaneohe side and growing up, neva have dat much
                        traffic. Ho, but now, wow! Is pretty bad if you ask me. Trying to drive from
                        Kahaluu side to get to da Wilson in the morning traffic would test anyone's
                        patience, yeah?
                        For the most part. I think traffic is here to stay. It's everywhere. Maybe
                        one day we going have something like a transporter, or teleport. Beam
                        me up, down, sideways! Oooo, if das da case, I come meet you guys
                        fo' eat L&L's. Now, DAT's one uddah story, yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                          I'm curious about something, and please don't take this as a flame, but if you really have a Doctorate of Theology I have to wonder about the unusual number of misspellings in your post:
                          12 misspellings from someone who supposedly earned a doctorate just makes me wonder, that's all.
                          In any case, I really enjoy the pidgin posts here! Those few who don't like them don't have to read them.

Eh wow.. you pretty shahp fo' catch alla misssspellings, li'dat. Maybe YOU da one get da Doctahrate. Shaka fo' you!

But lemme point something I wen try make clear in my original post... I wen post:

"It really showed me that life is so dang precious to get caught up with the etiquettes of speach."

I should have included... "and spelling".

Eh, sorry eh if dat wen boddah you. But I been through so dang much, saw so much pain in dis world, and I trying fo help as much people now, things like picking out the ukus from one starving person no interest me as much as GETTING FOOD TO THAT PERSON so he might live. You know what I mean.

So, take it all with a grain of salt. Whether I spell or missssssspell.. dis is me. Jahs me. And you can accept me, or not. Really not going maddah to no one but you, yeah?

I no can help but like you. Jahs cause you willing to post. I admire that in anyone. Whether you like find fault in people, or just be an encourager of mankind. Eiddah way, I no can help but give you one big hug...

Hope dat wen give you da answah you stay looking fo. Maybe not what you like hear, but eh.. I so thankful I get one Th.D cause by that I wen learn dat I no HAVE TO BE PERFECT and act like I one DOCTOR oa' something. Jahs cause I get one degreeeeee, I no expect you or anyone else call me DOCTAH! Heck no... You jahs go on calling me whatever you like call me.. whether you believe I'm a girl or a guy, kid or adult... mahu or straight. I'm still jahs lil' ole me.... minus da beeg chi chi!

Comment

I'm not so cute as that buggah (pix by my name, up there *points up*), but I get one mean squeak. I've always wanted a ferret, but I don't know if I could keep up and cater to its needs.
                            OH eh...
                            I should have known dat was you in that pic up dea *pointing to'yum too*.
                            Kewt you! I like PINCH dat cheek you stay pointing at da camera!
                            I bet'chu das da image you was trying, fo', yeah? Trying to make like one of
                            those kewtie patootie keeds you jahs no can help but pinch da cheek.
                            Seriously... I don't think my ohana ever going be without one ferret. They sleep
                            for about 18 hours a day, so not like you have to baby sit the animal. And when they
                            are awake.. ho.. dem buggahs LOVE to PLAY!!! It depends where you're living.
                            Some states do not allow them as pets. But I do know that in those states
                            there still are ferret owners. They just "sneak". No can resist!
                            Ferret Huggies 2U

Comment

Shaka fo' you!
                              Shaka right back atcha! I was just curious; didn't mean to upset anyone. Welcome to the forum, cuz, and keep on posting!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                                Hah? Why? Boddah you?

Anden I wen notice dat you nevah say not ting about da size of Izzie's HUGE lolo GIF:

.......you like Izzie more den me.

Why? Boddah YOU??

You jealous az why.

Comment

Working...
                                X