Funniest Part of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest Part of the Day

Sighted this afternoon on Kalakaua Ave. in Waikiki: a scruffy, unkept (most likely homeless) man sitting on the sidewalk panhandling for money with a hand-written cardboard sign on the ground in front of him that read,

NEED MONEY FOR BEER

Hey, at least he's honest! And get this.. his "tip hat" had choke bills in it!

As a Good Samaritan, it'd probably be best to drop a fresh fruit such as an apple (instead of cash) from the nearby ABC store in his hat... just hope he doesn't throw it back at you!

Not to tease the homeless or less fortunate, as of course there are deeper issues here. But still, the principle of it takes the cake.

What was the funniest part of your day? Something that made you laugh either inside or out loud.
    Last edited by Pomai; September 8, 2007, 11:11 PM. Reason: recap
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Funniest Part of the Day

I've seen the "Need Money For Beer" sign sported by street beggars in the San Francisco area.

They get points for honesty. And yes, I did toss them a few bucks.

Comment

I betta start carrying a bunch of "Monopoly $$$" to give den!

So dey can pass Go!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

Note: Food, Clothes ~ Anytime.
      Alcohol ~ No way!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I knew my husband was a bit bow-legged, but it never occurred to me just how much until tonight when I walked behind him in his shorts. I laughed to myself to see not only his bow-leggedness, but also his pigeon toes.

Comment

I got one. I'm so glad P.K. doesn't venture here.heheheh

He was up since last night on his new toy (Xbox 360). Marathon till an hour ago. Looked and walked liked a zombie to bed. I tried to go moemoe. Den it started to rain. Drip, drip, drip.

Hala! My honey started to snore in sequence with the falling rain.

Drip, szooze, drip, szooze, drip, szooze.

Sounded like one broken CD.

I no kid you.

I got up before I whack whack him in his head!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
            NEED MONEY FOR BEER
            Hey, at least he's honest! And get this.. his "tip hat" had choke bills in it!
            There's a "regular" sign-holder here in Seattle, whose sign reads
            My father was killed by ninjas - need money for karate lessons

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Oh man. That must've been funny too when you first seen it. That's a riot! lol

Yesterday my girlfriend went to a housewarming party that was attended mostly by Filipinos. She said almost everyone who showed up (near 100) came dressed up like they were going to a prom or celebrity banquet. Slacks, gowns and dresses. She was one of very few in jeans and a t-shirt. Are housewarming parties supposed to be formal?

We've had several Filipino women show up for our company Christmas party wearing sequined gowns. Wow! You go girl!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

That's classic!
                Aloha,
                Mokihana

Comment

Good one. Wasn't there one that hung around the makai end of Fort Street Mall with a sign about needing money to seek justice?

Comment

I remember pics of this dude somewhere online, so I searched Google...is this the dude?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lockergnome/262487854/
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                      I remember pics of this dude somewhere online, so I searched Google...is this the dude?
                      That he be. I've seen him at the Pike Place Market and at the edge of downtown.

Comment

While sitting at the downtown bus stop today, I stood up as my wife was returning from Long's right there.

The Afro-American woman who had just recently sat down next to me...
                        Said "Don't worry, it won't rub off." alluding to her dark color (which was absolutely lovely to me. Shhhh.) and I said "Oh, I'm just offering this seat to my wife" as she walked up. My lovely brown wife gave me "that look!".

Then sheepishly the lady said "Well... you know it doesn't rub off already, don't you?!".

We all had fun for the next 10 or so minutes, till our bus arrived.

Pretty funny stuff.
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

There's a song by Makaha Sons that my cat just loves. When it comes on the radio, he stops what he's doing, faces the radio, relaxes and gets this dazed look in his eyes. He remains transfixed until the song is over. He's such a goof... I don't know the name of the song, darn it.

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                            There's a song by Makaha Sons that my cat just loves. When it comes on the radio, he stops what he's doing, faces the radio, relaxes and gets this dazed look in his eyes. He remains transfixed until the song is over. He's such a goof... I don't know the name of the song, darn it.
                            That is absolutely INTERESTING! And I bet hilarious if one were to actually witness your cat do this!

The title of the song is critical here. Could it be "Mehameha/White Sandy Beach"?. That song always puts me in a trance. Deep. Of course, I'm not a cat. Who knows what they think. Women sometimes still confuse me. lol
                            Last edited by Pomai; September 29, 2007, 10:15 PM. Reason: PC
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                              Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              That is absolutely INTERESTING! And I bet hilarious if one were to actually witness your cat do this!
                              The title of the song is critical here. Could it be "Mehameha/White Sandy Beach"?. That song always puts me in a trance. Deep. Of course, I'm not a cat. Who knows what they think. Women sometimes still confuse me. lol
                              Maybe the cat is thinking of the beach as a giant litter-box.

Comment

Working...
                              X