Maui Extension Homemaker's Council cookbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui Extension Homemaker's Council cookbook

Who else got'em? Seems like every house I've been to got a copy in the kitchen or on their coffee table.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Maui Extension Homemaker's Council cookbook

I do. My dear landlady gave it to me when I moved to Maui about 22 yrs ago.

Comment

My mother-out, I mean in-law gave my wife one when we got maui`d 29 years ago...
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I want one!!!!

I would really love to be a top-notch homestyle cook. The history of the food of Hawaii is fascinating, and the aloha that goes with it is really special.

Where can I get one? I am in imersion training soon....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          Who else got'em? Seems like every house I've been to got a copy in the kitchen or on their coffee table.
          got a few that my family sent me many years ago, get to cook some comfort food when i get homesick

Comment

Originally posted by achong View Post
            got a few that my family sent me many years ago, get to cook some comfort food when i get homesick
            And then some, especially when you no can figure out what you goin cook for dinner. That cookbook come in handy for comfort food thats sure to make the opu .....
            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by ginabeena View Post
              I want one!!!!

I would really love to be a top-notch homestyle cook. The history of the food of Hawaii is fascinating, and the aloha that goes with it is really special.

Where can I get one? I am in imersion training soon....
              I'll scour my house and the Net for an extra copy. If I have a lot of time on my hands, I can get it in PDF for you
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I have all of them except for the green one. They are all out of print now, but you can still buy a compilation of the recipes in the "50th Anniversary Best of our Favorite Recipes 1946-1996" at Amazon (or for around $6 if you don't mind a used copy, also on Amazon---same page).

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                  I'll scour my house and the Net for an extra copy. If I have a lot of time on my hands, I can get it in PDF for you
                  Mahalo, Mike!

We are in Kapa'a now and was at the dreaded W-word store today and picked up the 50th anniversary version. Having fun sitting here and enjoying the trades while reading and anticipating poke for lunch.

In my boxes of stuff somewhere, I have a book that represented Kauai that I got at a garage sale years ago here. Has anyone of late taken this on as a project here?

Happy to visit Costco tho and get some Maui cane sugar. Made iced tea with it yesterday and man it was good. The natural caramels in that sugar makes all the difference (I had just stopped using chemically produced sugar on the ML but only had some Costa-rican turbinado sugar)---fresh Maui cane sugar rocked the house in strong iced tea! Off-topic, sorry, had to ramble. I am in food heaven now.

Comment

Working...
                  X