KHNL departure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHNL departure

Have it on good authority that longtime KHNL assignment editor and former KGMB political/government reporter Garrett Kamemoto will leave News8 next month to become a senior account manager at Communications Pacific.

This is (another) key loss for them.

Re: KHNL departure

Garrett is a solid and steady hard worker. Kitty Lagaretta knows how to pick 'em.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I worked with Garrett back in the day at KGMB, and we've stayed in touch. He's incredibly smart, and he'll do well. We certainly wish him the best.

Comment

Man losing an assignment editor like Garrett is like losing a major artery. Running that desk is a vital job in the newsroom.

KHNL was in pretty bad shape even with Garrett. I can only imagine how bad things will get now that one of their best behind-the-scenes assets is jumping ship.

Comment

Originally posted by tvnewsguy View Post
          KHNL was in pretty bad shape even with Garrett. I can only imagine how bad things will get now that one of their best behind-the-scenes assets is jumping ship.

Soooo...if it was that bad with him, maybe it's a good thing he's moving on to something else?
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Maybe. But I wouldn't be so quick to blame Garrett for the station's horrible ratings. He's a fine assignment editor with a lot of good contacts.

But who knows, this may be a good move for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by tvnewsguy View Post
              Maybe. But I wouldn't be so quick to blame Garrett for the station's horrible ratings. He's a fine assignment editor with a lot of good contacts.

But who knows, this may be a good move for both sides.
              I'm not blaming him, I'm just making a portagee observation You know: Hey doc it hurts when I do this...Well then don't do that!

But yeah I believe things happen for a reason and perhaps this drifting apart is a good thing mainly for Garrett.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                Have it on good authority that longtime KHNL assignment editor and former KGMB political/government reporter Garrett Kamemoto will leave News8 next month to become a senior account manager at Communications Pacific.

This is (another) key loss for them.
                It is such a loss for KHNL. Garett is smart and experienced, and funny as hell. I asked him to keep me on his mailing list because he has the most off the wall, sarcastic memos. Some, I've saved just to give myself a chuckle on a bad day.

As a part timer I hardly interacted with Garett in the last 2 years, but I absolutely loved working with him.
                Halekulani.com
                Waikikiparc.com
                SmallTalk.HonAdvBlogs.com

Comment

Working...
                X