This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai - Book 2

This thread is being created to continue the DISCUSSION of "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai, currently airing weeknights on KFVE TV @ 9:30 p.m. Please reserve this thread for the discussion of the program, posted photos, upcoming guests, critiques, ratings news and whatever without having the discussion turn into an ongoing advertisement.

Mahalo!
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai - Book 2

Originally posted by mel View Post
    This thread is being created to continue the DISCUSSION of "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai, currently airing weeknights on KFVE TV @ 9:30 p.m. Please reserve this thread for the discussion of the program, posted photos, upcoming guests, critiques, ratings news and whatever without having the discussion turn into an ongoing advertisement.

Mahalo!
    This would probably have been best to keep as a single thread...less worry of cross referencing. Since HT Vbulletin is not a flat file messaging system and uses MySQL, there would be minimal performance issues.

...so says the database programming computer consultant...

Mel, you just needed something to do right?

As for "ongoing advertising"...I won't blatantly plug;
    http://www.nighttimehawaii.tv

However, I would say..."Wanna see a FREE press release picture of Jasmine Trias?"...please visit our website;
    http://www.nighttimehawaii.tv

Hopefully, this starts your day off with a smile.

-signed- Irwin Santos (a.k.a. ER)
    Talent Coordinator, Webmaster, and Photographer for "NightTime" with Andy Bumatai
    http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Cookies & Ice Cream for our 200th Episode.

Heads-up HT readers...#200 is going to happen in June. I'm working on getting Wally Amos for cookies & Farrell's for a "Honolulu Zoo". I don't have the exact date, though it looks like the 2nd half of June.

You can join us on that day to celebrate.
      http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

@Mel...just to be clear...we're NOT on hiatus. We're taking 1 day off from taping and will show "The Best of Series".

...oh yeah...ratings went UP from last period...you wanted to know that when I got the information.

Comment

Exhaulted Ruler, try not to flood the thread with only your posts. We know you are well connected to the show, but as I have mentioned your posts are close to being advertorials to promote the show. This forum is not for advertising. It is for discussion, which we can all appreciate with your insight without too much hype.

As for rolling the thread, this is not the first time a thread has been rolled in this section or elsewhere on the board. When threads fill up with too many posts and pages, it is time to roll them and start a new thread. We're on book 8 of Hawaii Superferry, book 4 of LOST, book 12-something on the LUNCH topic. Threads get rolled.

As for this board not being a flat database file, well sorry. Been like that since the board started. We roll threads and that's it. It was time for this thread to be rolled.

The hiatus to your taping and the fact that you will go into re-run mode for a week or so was a good point for me to decide to make this roll.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
            Exhaulted Ruler, try not to flood the thread with only your posts. We know you are well connected to the show, but as I have mentioned your posts are close to being advertorials to promote the show. This forum is not for advertising. It is for discussion, which we can all appreciate with your insight without too much hype.

As for rolling the thread, this is not the first time a thread has been rolled in this section or elsewhere on the board. When threads fill up with too many posts and pages, it is time to roll them and start a new thread. We're on book 8 of Hawaii Superferry, book 4 of LOST, book 12-something on the LUNCH topic. Threads get rolled.

As for this board not being a flat database file, well sorry. Been like that since the board started. We roll threads and that's it. It was time for this thread to be rolled.

The hiatus to your taping and the fact that you will go into re-run mode for a week or so was a good point for me to decide to make this roll.
            As I've mentioned before, I'm providing behind the scenes info here at HT. I see it as kicking up some dirt, or shaking up the tree to see what comes out. Whether you see it as advertising or hype is not the intention of my message. I can easily blast out 5000+ emails to everyone in my database and let them know what's new on the show. I'm posting here to drive discussion, and without some reference point to a source, what's there to talk about anyway? There's takers, and then passers...most users lurk and wait for an opportunity to strike.

Regarding "rolling the thread"...ah, from someone that has been programming for over 30 years...and has run phone-line bulletin boards and several multi-forums and my own http://www.superman808.com I pointed out something logical, which in my opinion "rolling a thread" is illogical if performance is not impacted. Kinda makes you think about teaching old dogs new tricks.

Lastly, "hiatus" is again...NOT correct and it implies that we're gone for weeks on end. That's NOT the message we would like to leave here. To clarify, we are picking segments of shows to assemble "Best of" and NOT re-running a full show. You can get re-runs on Youtube. Just visit http://www.nighttimehawaii.tv and locate "WATCH IT AGAIN ON YOUTUBE" section. I have every show that aired from the Outrigger online except last night's eppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
              I have every show that aired from the Outrigger online except last night's eppy.
              Well I hope you get that up soon! Ron Mizutani was terrific! He and Andy clearly had a good time, and I as a viewer did too.
              Marvelous episode!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Well I hope you get that up soon! Ron Mizutani was terrific! He and Andy clearly had a good time, and I as a viewer did too.
                Marvelous episode!
                Right...Ron Mizutani...

FYI The Cherry Blossoms are already online YOUTUBE
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzlkMQaf_B4

Comment

As I've mentioned before, I'm providing behind the scenes info here at HT. I see it as kicking up some dirt, or shaking up the tree to see what comes out. Whether you see it as advertising or hype is not the intention of my message. I can easily blast out 5000+ emails to everyone in my database and let them know what's new on the show. I'm posting here to drive discussion, and without some reference point to a source, what's there to talk about anyway? There's takers, and then passers...most users lurk and wait for an opportunity to strike.
                  Please consider what you have written here. Mel said that what you do borders on advertising. He is not the only one who feels that way; I see it as blatant (and obnoxious) self-promotion, and I happen to like the show. It's obvious that there are people here to DO welcome what you have to share, and since I'm the one with the problem, I generally choose to stay out of this discussion.

You say you don't mean to sound like pure hype, but when someone communicates the message to you that this is how you come off, you get defensive. Don't. If you are being misunderstood, do something about it. Find out what it is that some of us find annoying, or else you are communicating that you don't care how annoyed people get.

I don't think you should give a rip what I think (unless for some reason it's part of your job to give a rip), but mel is the host of this space and moderates the discussion. Don't tell him how to take what you're dishing.

In many ways, you're like the houseguest who only wants to sell Amway to the other guests. You can call it "sparking discussion," but have you noticed that many times you are the only one talking about how what this world needs is an affordable all-purpose cleaner? Don't get me wrong: There are many people who stick to one or two topics. Aloha Kine mostly sticks to discussions about the smoking ban, and Kalihi Boy sticks mostly to local television discussions. But notice that they aren't spending all that time talking about their OWN projects and nobody else's. I'm just saying that you can call it discussion-sparking if you want, but if all you do is swoop in and check on the one topic that interests you, and then post your information whether anyone's discussing your topic or not, then you are going to come across as a hype machine, whatever your intentions.

Regarding "rolling the thread"...ah, from someone that has been programming for over 30 years...and has run phone-line bulletin boards and several multi-forums and my own http://www.superman808.com I pointed out something logical, which in my opinion "rolling a thread" is illogical if performance is not impacted. Kinda makes you think about teaching old dogs new tricks.
                  You're right about MySQL-based software not needing the roll-over from a technical stance, but how do you know there aren't other reasons for it? Since this is an established practice on HT, if you want to discuss it, why not take it to the appropriate forum? I'm pretty sure Ryan started it with the Wal-Mart thread, and perhaps there are interesting reasons for it. Insisting as you do on telling people how to run their discussion areas only adds to your perceived standoffishness. You've got your own forum, as you say. Feel free to run it your way.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

For some reason, everyone has a bone to pick with ER today. What gives? The Moon is misaligned? A Death Tarot card got pulled or what?

There's other fish to fry, and I truly believe that there are certainly GREAT people here, and then others that want to test my debating skills. I would say, bring it on...but frankly, it's such a waste of time. Certainly, I'm not going to tell someone how to wipe their a$$, but to not even think that there is another option, or something ideally plausible to be perceived in a "better" perspective...is apparently a loss of time and a waste of my breath.

Personally, I say here, what I would say in person, and I'm not so hidden where I'm an anonymous face. For those that have met me, they can surely attest to what I have to say, or believe in what I do. If I don't communicate it in a way that you understand it, "my bad". Life goes on, don't dwell on it. I'm a happy guy, channel that negative energy in finding Osama Bin Laden...or whatever.

Nuff said.

On the lighter side, Earth, Wind, and Fire are coming to town May 27. May 26 (Memorial Day)...I'm in the process of hounding Alan Arato from Tom Moffatt productions in getting EWF on "NightTime". If that happens HT will be the first to know.

And then for those that have a need to offer a guest, I have a special section on the website http://www.nighttimehawaii.tv labeled "I WANNA SEE". So if you have someone in mind and you have either a valid EMAIL ADDRESS or a PHONE NUMBER, please submit your entry.

Thanks,

ER

Comment

Personally, I say here, what I would say in person, and I'm not so hidden where I'm an anonymous face.
                      If you are talking about me, my full name and many photographs of me are all over HT; I'm not hiding behind anything.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        If you are talking about me, my full name and many photographs of me are all over HT; I'm not hiding behind anything.
                        Anonymous in a sense that if I write whatever to you, the message is the same when done face-to-face in person. Doesn't matter what you look like or how big or small you are, you get the same treatment as if you were directly in front of me.

Comment

For some reason, everyone has a bone to pick with ER today. What gives?
                          "Anyone who refers to themselves in the third person is fair game for ridicule."

I think I read that in the FAQ somewhere.

j/k, Irwin.

Comment

Right...Ron Mizutani...
                            FYI The Cherry Blossoms are already online YOUTUBE
                            I don't know who The Cherry Blossoms are. I turned off the TV after Ron's segment, when Andy said the next guest was coming out after the break. I guess that was TCB's? I'll look at that link sometime when I have a few minutes, if you think it's worth it.

For some reason, everyone has a bone to pick with ER today. What gives?
                            Not "everyone." I (and clearly many others) enjoy your info and posts. As has been mentioned on HT many other times, people who don't like something/someone/some topic can clearly just not read it, or can put individual posters on Ignore. It's so easy.
                            And maybe a very simple resolution to all this would be to move these "Night Time" threads to the "Announcing" section of HT. (That's where Peshkwe posts all the Pakele Lounge Live Concert Web Stream messages. Pretty much exactly what ER does.) BOOM. Everyone's happy.
                            Or should be.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

This stuff is 90 percent promotion, 10 percent discussion, and often graceless discussion at that. I have to admit I'm less inclined lately to seek out this show, based purely on how it's promoted here (and especially how dismissively constructive suggestions on how to better foster public interest is received).

I'm guessing community outreach isn't Exhaulted_Ruler's official position with the show, though, and I'm a fan of Andy Bumatai, so I'm still trying to give the show the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X