Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Features - Tags & Photo Albums

Originally posted by admin View Post
    I'm going to take HawaiiThreads.com offline in about 20 minutes for a small upgrade.
    Did that upgrade include a new feature that lists keywords/meta tags alongside the thread titles?

Just after you did that, Scriv's "Buffet Behavior", along with a few other threads in Kaukau Korner began displaying keywords mentioned in the thread - and it seems to continue adding more, either dynamically, or manually?

Either way, HT is still the best!
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Scheduled Downtime

Moderators found about the tags and other features added to the board. Tags can currently be added by members, which I think is 2 per thread. The feature has been tested and seems to work.

There also is a new photo album feature. Look at your user control panel pages.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

If you're the originator of the post, you get five tags. If you're a respondent, you get three. Also, tag searches are very specific. I tagged the buffet thread "no poll" to see if a "poll" search would bring it up, but it didn't. Also, tags can be added to posts of any age. At least, that's what it looks like from here. I wonder if number of posts (or some other seniority) affects the number of allowable tags.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
        There also is a new photo album feature. Look at your user control panel pages.
        Ah so desu. I was gonna' ask how much space, but found out myself by creating an album and checking the upload specs. This is as it stands with nothing added:

Picture Limits
        Pictures Remaining 60
        Maximum File Size per Picture 97.7 KB
        Maximum Picture Dimensions 600 by 600 Pixels

That's pretty generous!

Thanks also for the info on tags. I might use that feature to help find threads I anticipate may be of use to refer back to later.. kinda' like an easy way to dig skeletons out of the closet. lol
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: New Features - Tags & Photo Galleries

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          Just after you did that, Scriv's "Buffet Behavior", along with a few other threads in Kaukau Korner began displaying keywords mentioned in the thread - and it seems to continue adding more, either dynamically, or manually?
          It's done manually. I know I am not done with this but I have been tagging all of the threads that has a poll in them with the tag 'poll'. Which up until now you can't get a complete list of them (try doing a search with poll as the text and then do a tag search on poll).

Comment

Aha! So this is what, in the "Latest" view, all those boxes and rectangles with question marks in them is about. Dunno why I'm getting just question marks, tho'. Is it a Mac thingie?

Comment

I guess us PC people are showing it with white box with a red X inside of it. Must be pointing to icon not defined by either vBulletin or HawaiiThreads.

Comment

One thing I have noticed is that when you are in the "Threads in Forum" view where the list of the most recent threads show up, those threads with many tags turn kind of ugly layout wise with the tag words on top of the thread topic, like in the Buffett thread at KauKau Korner.

I like it with the thread title always at the top and any ancilliary information relating to it either on the side or underneath the thread title. Just looks neater.

Thread Title
                creator tag 1, tag 2, etc.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I forgot to mention that there is a twenty-five-character limit on tags. If you try to add a tag that's longer, you'll be prompted to try again with something shorter.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Speaking of 25. 25 is the also the limit on how many tags a thread can be assigned to it.

Comment

Just finished adding the poll tag to the poll related threads in the Mixed Plate sub-forum and I came across this oldie which I thought was a interesting thread.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        Also, tags can be added to posts of any age.
                        Only for threads that are still open. Once a thread is closed regular users can not add tags to it.

Also noticed that there are two seperate tag clouds. One cloud is for most used thread tags and the other is the most-searched-for thread tags and both seem to have a maximum display limit of 70 entries.

Comment

I am using Safari on a Mac OS 10 system and I noticed that in the thread directory listing, when thread has a tag it just displays a blue box with a white question mark inside. What is strange is the the position of that blue box varies depending on the length of the tags being used for that thread. If you move your mouse pointer over the blue box it will display the tags.

For Internet Explorer V7 on Windows XP system the directory listing will show the tag entry as a white box with a red X inside of it, followed by the tags being used for that thread.

Comment

For those of us who cannot see those tags (I am assuming it is that little red x off to the side of the post listing). It makes the site look like one of those sites you find that was last updated several years ago and the links no longer work. Doesn't look good IMO.

How are the rest of us able to see those tags? I certainly cannot at any computer I've used.
                            n'importe

Comment

What browser (and version) are you using?

When do go into the thread itself the tags for that thread are listed at the bottom of the current page, even if the thread spans 2 or more pages.

Comment

Working...
                              X