Inglourious Basterds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inglourious Basterds

On Helen's advice, a disclaimer: I walked out on this movie before it was over.

A stunning film, very well done.

I wish I had never seen it.

Re: Inglourious Basterds

Inglorious, that should be. Just because they used an odd spelling for the second word doesn't mean I should goof on the first one.

Comment

I take it you didn't walk out because it was a poorly executed movie, but because it was disturbing in some manner.

Comment

My reason for watching this movie is because I "went with a friend".

The movie is broken up in to five chapters. Brad Pitt leads a group called the Basterds, which chapters 2 and 5 are shown of their adventure in the movie. The rest of the chapters deal with the other characters and how they manage to meet up in chapter 5. Chapter 2 was the most gory of the 5.

Comment

Oh, definitely not because it was poorly executed. On the contrary, it's a fine piece of movie making.

I just don't need to see a man being beaten to death with a baseball bat.

Comment

Most of the reviewers have already said that only Tarantino fans will appreciate this film. If you're not a fan of his work, you might as well stay home because this is apparently "classic" Tarantino.

I personally can't wait to see it!
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

After seeing the televised previews, I agree with Albert.

Some things you just don't need to see; what you put in your eyes stays in your heart.

The most recent example of that for me was seeing Saving Private Ryan. It hurt so bad, and those scenes still do (in my memory.)

I swore off horror movies very early. I know for some folks, that's just their cup of tea....

Comment

are any of the posters here Tarantino fans? Does anyone understand what they are going to get with one of his films? Going to see one of his films is kind of like seeing a Coen brothers film - if you're not a fan already, you might as well stay home. Another director is Robert Rodriquez - you have to have a very open mind to enjoy films from these directors!
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Tarantino fan here. I haven't seen all his movies, but the violence in his movies (like in Kill Bill) seems campy and fun, and artistic. Funny, tho. I don't care for gory horror movies, and violence in real dramas turn me off. Oh, I just saw my first Robert Rodrigues movie last night -- Planet Terror, a zombie movie -- gory fun!

Comment

Oh, it is "inglourious". Big discussion about it on Twitter.

I think "what goes in the eyes stays in the heart" is right on target. And my heart would be better off without contributions from Mr. Tarantino.

Comment

I saw the movie last night and loved it. I think it's Tarentino's best movie since Pulp Fiction, and it's about as good. For me, Basterds is his #2, right above Reservoir Dogs.

The characters were fantastic. The movie might be titled "Inglourious Basterds", but for me, Colonel Landa stole the show. In fact, I think he might be the best character in any Tarentino movie ever. He is certainly one of the best movie villains I've ever seen. He is deliciously evil, calculating and polite.

The dialog was brilliant, even for a Tarentino movie. (A lot of it was from the aforementioned Col. Landa.) The cinematography was exceptional. The soundtrack was oddly excellent.... I even liked the opening credits (and the old Universal intro). I thought it was an incredibly well-made movie made by a guy who obviously loves movies.

Comment

There was an amusing interview with the fellow who played Colonel Landa on CNN. Sounds like they had great fun making the movie, helped by a brick of hashish Brad brought along.

Comment

Working...
                        X