"Sarah Palin's Alaska" show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sarah Palin's Alaska" show

"Sarah Palin's Alaska" started last Sunday night on the TLC channel and will run for 8 weeks.
    I'd heard that the outdoor photography was extremely good, so for that reason I DVR'd it out of mild curiousity and watched it last night. (Same reason I DVR the show Survivor. The photography on that show is fantastic. Watching Survivor and S.P.A., among others, lets me see places that I'd love to visit but probably never will.)
    As much as I expected to be disappointed in S.P.A., I actually liked it a lot. Oh sure, there was too much of Sarah and her family, but more than half of the show was Alaska itself. Gorgeous.
    There was one part where Sarah and Todd were fishing on a small lake, with brown bears just a few feet away including a mama and her cubs. Best segment. Another good segment was mountain climbing.
    As always, I find Sarah's voice to be annoying and I pray that she never ever gets elected to any office. But surprisingly, I find myself recommending that you catch this show.
    Did anyone else see it?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: "Sarah Palin's Alaska" show

Will there be "when animals attack" or "man vs. beast" segments to make this show exciting?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Did anyone else see it?
      I liked the show. Nice photography. I will probably never visit Alaska.

I like Sarah.

That is all I'll have to say here.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

"There was one part where Sarah and Todd were fishing on a small lake, with brown bears just a few feet away including a mama and her cubs. Best segment.
        Ohhhh, LikaNui, filming tricks, I'm 100% sure! Did you ever see Sarah in the same shot with those bears? I bet you didn't (tho I haven't yet seen the show) ,because its faked. 1st unit shoots Palin, while 2nd unit shoots bears, fish, and beautiful scenery. Then the writers create dialogue for the Palins to match the concept of the show. I can almost guarantee you that the Palins were never within a football's throw of anything even remotely dangerous! Oh, editing....
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Everyone I know who has gone to Alaska has loved it, though the mosquitos are said to be the worst in the world, intolerable. I have not seen her show, but wish her the best of luck with her new career.

Comment

Sarah Palin's Alaska?
            Does she own the whole state?

Comment

in alaska you dont need to do much editing to get close to wildlife.
              in fact you need to carry a gun much of the time that you are away from the cities.
              i too find here voice and mannerisms a little(okay, alot) grating.
              but i do like her.
              i was going to DVR next weeks show while i am away for thanksgiving but i dont think i will.
              the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Explain please...

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
                but i do like her.
                I know the many shallow-at-best reasons, anything new we can appreciate?
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I agree with Escondido that it doesn't take much if any editing to be extemely close to wildlife in Alaska, from what I've heard over the decades from family and friends who have been there.

As for the politics... there are plenty of other existing Sarah Palin threads here on HT to discuss that. This particular thread is about the TV show, not about politics. It would be nice if we keep it that way, please.

Comment

As for the politics... there are plenty of other existing Sarah Palin threads here on HT to discuss that. This particular thread is about the TV show, not about politics. It would be nice if we keep it that way, please.
                    Good luck with that. The host of the show is a politician, and a controversial one; that's the only reason she even has a show. Even with your post that started the thread, you brought politics into it:
                    ...I pray that she never ever gets elected to any office.
                    Last edited by Leo Lakio; November 20, 2010, 05:57 AM.

Comment

This particular thread is about the TV show, not about politics.

The "show" IS politics, make no mistake about it.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Even with your post that started the thread, you brought politics into it.
                        That's very misleading. I included a very brief disclaimer and it was to show that the reason I bothered watching the show at all was ALASKA, not the person. Here is the entirety of my original post:

"Sarah Palin's Alaska" started last Sunday night on the TLC channel and will run for 8 weeks.
                        I'd heard that the outdoor photography was extremely good, so for that reason I DVR'd it out of mild curiousity and watched it last night. (Same reason I DVR the show Survivor. The photography on that show is fantastic. Watching Survivor and S.P.A., among others, lets me see places that I'd love to visit but probably never will.)
                        As much as I expected to be disappointed in S.P.A., I actually liked it a lot. Oh sure, there was too much of Sarah and her family, but more than half of the show was Alaska itself. Gorgeous.
                        There was one part where Sarah and Todd were fishing on a small lake, with brown bears just a few feet away including a mama and her cubs. Best segment. Another good segment was mountain climbing.
                        As always, I find Sarah's voice to be annoying and I pray that she never ever gets elected to any office. But surprisingly, I find myself recommending that you catch this show. Did anyone else see it?

Again, my original post was about ALASKA and the scenery and the wildlife.
                        This thread is in the MEDIA section of HT, and in THE TUBE category of that section. Any posts that hve nothing to do with the show and are purely about politics should be moved to a different thread by the moderators. There are three moderators of HT: Ryan, Helen and Mel. Mel runs this Media section and has a good history of stopping thread drift.
                        Heck, Leo, you yourself have made more public complaints about thread drift than any other member, as a simple search will easily prove. You've agressively told many other members to stop thread drift, but now you're supporting it?
                        I think it's becoming clear why more and more members are no longer participating and are backing away from HT, as noted in that other thread recently.
                        I worded my request very gently yesterday, and I repeat it now: "As for the politics... there are plenty of other existing Sarah Palin threads here on HT to discuss that. This particular thread is about the TV show, not about politics. It would be nice if we keep it that way, please."

I have a funeral of a dear friend to go to today, and I'm in no mood for BS games here.

Comment

I'm quite comfortable with my post, pointing out the hypocrisy of doing something while asking others not to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            I'm quite comfortable with my post, pointing out the hypocrisy of doing something while asking others not to do the same.
                            "Hypocrisy"?
                            Oh, it would be fine if others put in ONE SENTENCE about Palin's politics, as long as the bulk of their post is about the TV SHOW. That's what I did. Others have already gone strictly into politics here with NO mention of the show.
                            That's very clearly simple enough for everyone to understand.

Comment

M E M O R I E E E E E S !

My beloved mid 80s blogger, Helen, offers her take on the show...with just a dash of political salt! Okay, maybe more than just a dash! First entry at the top of the page, Nov. 18.

Comment

Working...
                              X