KQMQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KQMQ

It looks like The Zone is about to flip formats. I can't wait to see what they'll debut on the 93.1 frequency.

Re: KQMQ

Huh, Bob FM?

Comment

Better yet, say aloha to Na Mele 93.1...

http://namelefm.com/
      Last edited by Only1Moore; February 7, 2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

It looks like they pulled a fast one...

http://931dapaina.com/

Comment

great...another Jawaiian/Reggae mix of wahtever. Glad I'm no longer in radio's target demos

Comment

(In a thick southern drawl)

Hey y'all
            Down here in Arkansas we listen to BOTH kinds of music......

Hawaiian and Reggae.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Do we really need another local Hawaiian/Jawaiian/Reggae/Island music station for O'ahu? I'm on O'ahu and if I want my fix, I catch the Maui feed coming from Native 92.5 KLHI or Moloka'i's 102.3 KMKK. Now that's a good variety of island-style music they play on those stations. But another one on O'ahu? We have enough. KQMQ at least played a different genre of music.

What were they thinking?
              .: Artificial Intelligence Is No Match For Natural Stupidity :.

Comment

On the Big Island I think we got three or four "Native" music stations. But then that's what people here listen to. Then there's KAPA that plays a good mix of modern and some blasts from the past local kine music. So nice to hear C&K while driving along the Belt Highway. Reminds me of good times.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The corporate mindset is there is not a 'large enuf' market for quality broadcasts. Millions of quality lovers disagree, things would be just fine without corporate inclusion in music.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    The corporate mindset is there is not a 'large enuf' market for quality broadcasts. Millions of quality lovers disagree, things would be just fine without corporate inclusion in music.
                    And pray tell, how are commercial radio stations supposed to sustain themselves without corporate support and sponsorships? You s'pose your favorite drive-time DJ is okay with getting paid in peanuts and cashews?
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Many radio stations today don't have too many DJs... automated, syndicated, satellite programs. Cheaper than maintaining hired help. The corporations that own radio stations are in it to make money... no matter how small the listener pie is. Here in Honolulu the radio listenership is quite tiny as split up between the dozens of radio stations on FM and AM.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        And pray tell, how are commercial radio stations supposed to sustain themselves without corporate support and sponsorships? You s'pose your favorite drive-time DJ is okay with getting paid in peanuts and cashews?
                        There are many DJs that volunteer their air time, I don't think it'd be a problem finding those that wish to sponsor or work for $ in a less corporate climate and that actually promotes music that will be memorable/listenable for decades to come instead of the immediately forgettable crap that is all corporate generated.

That said, there is no getting the warped genie back in the bottle until the airwaves are used as they were intended, which will probably never happen. Fortunately, we now have alternatives of which many are free, and commercial free, and the BS will keep fading due to it's own narrow minded weight.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                        X