X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Tadani replacing Mahlon?!

See Erika's "The Buzz" column in todays Star-Bulletin:
    Apparently Tiny Tadani is going to take Mahlon Moore's spot on The Breeze 99.5 FM! Man, that's three horrible decisions they've made in just a few days -- turning down the Hula's ad, letting Mahlon go, and now hiring Tiny.
    Chicken Little was right. The sky is falling.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Tiny Tadani replacing Mahlon?!

Originally posted by LikaNui
    See Erika's "The Buzz" column in todays Star-Bulletin:
    Apparently Tiny Tadani is going to take Mahlon Moore's
    I NEVER understood Tiny's tv show. WHY did they never employ the use of an editor before broadcasting that stuff?
    I mean 10% of da footage is blurry shakey waterhose technique...

hadache inducing aftah 2 minutes.

Comment

Eep. Sounds like after alienating some listeners, they figured why not try and alienate them all. At least Tiny, of course, will be veryimpressed and satisfied with his show...

Comment

Ugh. I'd rather dig out my own eardrums with a spork. And I loved The Breeze, too. Darn.

Comment

Yep, and according to Erika's column there's going to be a format change, too. Plus no more The Breeze but now The Hui.

Comment

Plus no more The Breeze but now The Hui.
            Sounds like the perfect name for an "old boy's network".

Comment

Well, the new slogan/name is a no brainer given (1.) their call letters, and the fact that (2.) someone else has got that domain name. It was probably easier to change than to get into another PR debacle fighting Mahlon for rights to "The Breeze" and TheBreezeofHawaii.com.

Though right now the site still seems to represent the broadcaster rather than Mahlon. Hmm.

Comment

I like Tiny on the radio. When I was a kid and he was at KIKI AM (back when that was the station everybody listened to), I thought he was great. I can see what everyone's problems are with him, but I find him likable.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

LOL, I agree... having Tiny take over Mahlon's spot... striiiiike 3! yer out!

Here's my summary of Tiny Tv's show:

a. shaky hand cam interviewing not-even-legal girlies dressed like they're 21... and Tiny hovering like a vulture
                  on the prey.

b. more jerky camera work and at last 15 shots of him looking and at himself in the camera.

c. more interviews with 'hottie' chicas that are like 12.

d. oooh shave ice!

e. Tiny singing along to <insert band of the week> and add shot of his mug again.

f. hit on gals that work in the establishments he's passing by.

Comment

oh, and Lolo Paka's Summary of the New Breeze Tiny Style :

a. Slowly add the "island jams" KCCN "jawaiian" songs into the playlist...

b. Once he's nearly phased out all the Hawaiian tunes, it'll be KCCN2!

c. As ratings continue to drop even lower than any of the Breeze's previous ratings, he'll introduce 'mellow A.C.'

d. Breeze is now KRTRCCN! heh heh.

....then he'll get fired.

Comment

I disagree, I like the format change. I can never get enough of vintage Kalapana. So good work with that Tiny.

As for the Tv show...well. Standards were set very low at the beginning and continue. No mo shame o wot...
                      Very cheap and i'm sure profitable but when it's over all you got is some money and no dignity. auwe

Comment

Originally posted by kimohalliway
                        I like the format change. (...) So good work with that Tiny.
                        Tiny doesn't start there for another two weeks, and I don't believe he'll be making programming decisions or that he had anything at all to do with the recent changes already implemented.

Comment

Tiny doesn't start there for another two weeks, and I don't believe he'll be making programming decisions or that he had anything at all to do with the recent changes already implemented.
                          LOL the guy cant get a break...what a tough crowd

Comment

Originally posted by kimohalliway
                            LOL the guy cant get a break...what a tough crowd
                            "Tough crowd"? It was just the facts, with no interpretation aimed at Tiny or anyone else.

Comment

I think people do not understand that Tiny Tadani is a promoter. His Tiny TV show is to promote other businesses. He's not just doing it for himself. It's a business to promote others. In this Breakfast Club at KUMU, again he was a promoter and included his radio listeners to be part of the Breakfast Club program by being road runners of traffic. He also remembered people's names and voices. People should get to know people before judging them. I frankly liked listening to all his shows because he kept it real. He was down to earth and he said what he felt was true to him. Don't judge him until you get to know him. He's really a good guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X